Notices

My Build

Old 04-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
how hard can it be?
snowsk8air2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
snowsk8air2's Tacoma Gallery
My Build

Current-ish pic. Depending on how well I've been updating this.

Current Mods:

Suspension: Toytec ultimate lift kit with fully adjustable bilstein 5100 coil overs
Dakar leaf pack w/ 5100's
Allpro uniball UCA's
Sway bar removed

Performance: TRD Supercharger
TRD cat back exhaust
URD not so stealth pulley (they sent me the wrong one, but I couldn't wait to have it exchanged before installing it)

Armor: Custom made front hybrid style bumpers front and rear
Custom made weld on sliders
Cab mount chop

Lighting/ Electronics: 2 7" HID's mounted on front bumper
20" LED light bar mounted in front skid plate
ABS kill switch
Rear locker anytime mod
Cobra 75 wxst cb radio

Wheels/ Tires: TRD TX Pro simulated beadlocks
285/75/16 Duratracs
2" wheel spacers

Other: Allpro (Trailer Products) front fender flares
Custom jamoshi style grille
Diff breather mod
Air compressor under the hood
Custom motorcycle rack for bed

To Come: proper mt suspension (something with resi's all around), skid plates as soon as I take the time to make em, URD MAF calibrator/ fuel pump upgrade, fog light anytime mod, bhlm and some retrofitted hid's, spindle gussets, re-gearing, and much more (never gonna be done)

9/18/11 Straight from the dealership...a brand new 2011 DC TX Pro 4x4

the goodies under the hood

1/14/12 out at gorman for its 2nd or 3rd trip of playing in the dirt

some flexing and teetering

3/4/12 sliders get built and installed

still need to have some bracing added to them for extra support

4/9/12 get a delivery to my work...hehehe

4/14/12 after a grueling week of waiting to install

old vs new coils and springs

also running bilstein 5100's in the rear with the toytec front diff drop, sway bar re-locator and rear axle degree shims

as she sits with suspension...bumpers and lighting next on the drawing board

from memorial day weekend 2012 out in cal city with a buddy...shoulda taken more pics but its too late now

and my current mod in progress jamoshi grille, not a fan of how this one came out so went out and found a different material and am going to redo either this weekend or the next

another pic i found, pre suspension, killing some time before heading home after a day of riding

jamoshi grille mod finished at some point in time. finally adding the pic

high quality harbor freight lights currently sit behind the grille (not shown)

from Hiatt cabin meet mid sept 2012

Finally updating this thread with a few things that have been done in the last few months.

My buddy gave me some harbor freight lights that I threw behind the grille (lights were junk and didn't add hardly any light), so I ordered up some 7" HID's and made some brackets to mount them (they're a little floppy but I don't feel like trying to make these any better, finishing up getting some sort of a fab shop going and gonna have my go at building a proper bumper).

HID's are BRIGHT

Did the ABS kill mod as well as Rear Diff anytime.

obd2 to bluetooth seen plugged in as well

285/75/16 Duratracs installed on Thursday 12-27-12 and out in Flagstaff now for the new year. Gonna see just how good these do in the snow

Old 08-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Hakuna Matata, bitches!
EVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura aboutEVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura about

Name: Trent
EVErsionDesigns's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck.
I like how it's modest but it's not lol
Old 08-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
Brad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
Brad Lord's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice truck,make it your own.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
how hard can it be?

Thanks guys. Tires will come in about 10k more miles. (seriously can't decide on what to go with when the time comes). And once te warranty is up on the s/c there will be a smaller pulley, headers, cai, and tuner. Lights, bumpers, ect... All in time. Of only I could stumble across a briefcase full of money.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
Hakuna Matata, bitches!
EVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura aboutEVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura about

Name: Trent
EVErsionDesigns's Tacoma Gallery
If you happen to stumble across that briefcase you can send it this way...
Old 09-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
how hard can it be?

found a better material and redid the jamoshi

from hiatts cabin meet 9-15-12
can see lights behind grille in first pic

Old 12-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #9
how hard can it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaTSP4 View Post
Build is looking good!
thanks. build page needs to be updated. just did abs kill switch today as well as diff anytime, and have some aux lights that need mounting, and hopefully picking up hiatt1991's camburg uca's next weekend. when i install those i'll take a bunch of pics and do a proper update to this thread. too lazy now
Old 12-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #10
how hard can it be?

went and played in the snow yesterday up in flagstaff yesterday before hitting the mountain today for some snowboarding. Thoroughly impressed with the tires in the snow. Plowed through like 2.5 feet of fresh powder. Didn't feel like stopping for a photo op in the deep stuff and risk getting stuck.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #11
how hard can it be?

Got around to doing a cab mount chop this past weekend. Only 2nd time welding, so much is to be learned.

Welds started looking better by the time I was finished. And I only caught myself on fire once while welding upside down.

Tubing bender gets delivered tomorrow, which means.....need to build a stand for it and mount it in the shop. Then off to the drawing board on some bumpers hopefully in the weeks to come. Thinking something along the lines of the allpro hybrid or ato hybrid. Keeping my fingers crossed that they come out good
Old 02-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #12
how hard can it be?

First bend of the front bumper done today. Gonna be learning how to do all this as we go. Gonna try to remember to take pics along the way and will update with hopefully an all tacked together piece by the end of the week. Still don't know what I'm going to do as far as notching for now. Probably gonna be using a cutoff wheel and angle grinder and doing it by hand

Old 02-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #14
how hard can it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Looking good op next month if I get my tires lets go wheeling
definitely. I know I'm busy the first 2 weekends of the month, but as far as I can think of for now the rest I'm free. I'm just hoping this bumper comes out good. My first real fab work of the sort, and the buddy that's helping me has limited experience. Kinda why he's letting us do mine first, so we can learn as we go. That way when we do his 4runner things will go a little easier
Old 02-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #15
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsk8air2 View Post
definitely. I know I'm busy the first 2 weekends of the month, but as far as I can think of for now the rest I'm free. I'm just hoping this bumper comes out good. My first real fab work of the sort, and the buddy that's helping me has limited experience. Kinda why he's letting us do mine first, so we can learn as we go. That way when we do his 4runner things will go a little easier
It's all trial and error man measure twice and take it slow. But worst comes to worst you can always redo if
Old 02-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #17
how hard can it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
It's all trial and error man measure twice and take it slow. But worst comes to worst you can always redo if
yeah, somehow got the front main beam bent how i wanted it and probably 99% symmetrical today.

Working late tomorrow so no progress until thursday
Old 02-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #19
how hard can it be?

finally holding itself together (only tacked at the moment). going to make some supports tomorrow and weld whatever I got all up so that I can finally at least drive around with this thing on and not have to keep pulling it on and off every day I work on it
Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #20
how hard can it be?

finally done enough and welded up to mount and keep on. don't think I'll be doing much more during this week. tired of working late on it after working all day at the day job. made my light tabs and zip tied a license plate on for legality