Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Aportis72 Build

Old 04-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
aportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of light
EMS:
Name: Austin
aportis72's Tacoma Gallery
Aportis72 Build

Okay time to start my build thread.
2012 TRD off road automatic
Factory options:
Tow package
Entune
Door sill protectors
All weather floor mats
factory roof racks

As she sat the day I got her

Current Mod list:
Front:
Fox 2.5 extended length Remote Resi
Camburg UNIBALL UCA
AllPro Sway Bar Links
Rear:
AllPro FOX 2.0 REMOTE RESERVOIR WITH ADJUSTABLE COMPRESSION DAMPING
Defined Engineering Stage 1 SUA kit

Wheels/Tires:
Toyo open country MT 275/70 R18
18 inch BBS RW

AVS door sill protectors
TRD Supercharger Installed
Factory Pin striping removed
Sport color matched grill
Color Matched door handles
Sport hood
T1 Head light eye covers
Doug Thorley long tube headers
URD Y pipe
URD rear Cat sims
URD mk2 exhaust
TRD Shift knob
TRD Radiator Cap
TRD Oil Cap
Weather tech mats
weather tech rain guards
Old 04-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger

Sounds like a great list of upcoming... Can't wait to see it done!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed you should consider the defined engineering rear LT over just bolt on allpro leafs. You would get enough travel to keep up with that front end.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
aportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of light
EMS:
Hmm that sounds tasty. I like might go that direction. But my one and only concern is towing. The All Pro rear will help me out when towing. A long travel rear is a must for dune chucking, but I'm a rock crawler trail junky so I a soft rear end is not needed and when I tow my boat it will bottom that soft rear out. What do you think?
Old 06-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
From what I understand the defined kit yields higher load carrying capabilities
http://www.definedengineering.com/products.html
Old 06-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #7
EMS:
Mmmm nice I will call them tomorrow
Old 07-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #8
wstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud of

Name: jay
wstcstriderz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
From what I understand the defined kit yields higher load carrying capabilities
http://www.definedengineering.com/products.html
Yeah austin... mike the owner of defined is legit... you definitly wont regret putting his kit on.. plus that expo pack would lift the back way to much i think.. youd have to crank the c/o's up too much and lose downtravel and ride like crap..
Old 08-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
Have you double checked that the urd tcai will work with the trd s/c? Im pretty sure they dontwork together.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #10
EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw7 View Post
Have you double checked that the urd tcai will work with the trd s/c? Im pretty sure they dontwork together.
I knew it might take some work, but after more research it is not worth it waiting for the TRD/AFE to come out next month as my sources say
Old 09-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #11
fafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
fafafahey's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to fafafahey
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportis72 View Post
I knew it might take some work, but after more research it is not worth it waiting for the TRD/AFE to come out next month as my sources say
I've called TRD and they have no release date for TRD CAI....you have an update by chance?
Old 10-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #12
EMS:
Updated photos
Old 10-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #13
jhu616 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tripp
jhu616's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking 2012! Really digging the wheel and tire combo. Do you have any major problems getting those 275/70-18s to fit with those BBS wheels?...spacers? Also, how do they ride....isnt that size made for heavier trucks?
Old 10-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #14
EMS:
They fit fine. Only problem I had was rubbing on drivers side but that's because I forgot to set the drivers side 1/3 inch taller. Like AllPro suggests. fox forgot to mention that part. No problem though only small rub and spanner wrenches are on thee way as we speak. No this is a LT tire just like most other Toyo Open country MTs
Old 12-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #15
EMS:
Project compleated so
Sold the Truck
Old 01-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #17
EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojeelnodnarb View Post
I wish i was lucky enough to find a sport hood
Did not find it bought it and had it painted