LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My 06 build

Old 04-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
The "Work All Day Play All Night" Build

I am happy to share my home build with some other enthusiasts.
-Arb bumper
-Road Armor rear winch bumper
My 06 build-my-pics-038.jpg
My 06 build-untitled.jpg
My 06 build-my-pics-043.jpg
-warn M8000
-remote warn winch control FOB (most useful tool i have)
-Mayhem wheels
-BFgoodrich 34.5"(or so..) bfgoodrich allterrain t/a ko
-6" procomp lift + low vibration front drive shaft
-555 triple five inner tierods (little beefier) and MOOG outer tierod ball joints (complete with grease nipple)
-lightforce striker 170 HID floods
-beamers HID high/low lights
-+1 warn M8000 (got a great deal on it) for rear winch, tryin to find a rear bumper with winch mount (found!!)
-KnN cold air intake
-magna flo cat back exhaust (sounds good, gained a few HP lost a few MPG)
-extang tri fold tonneau
-weather tech floor mats
-Spider lights (I think, rear led tailights)
-Custom bed mat.
-2 12" kicker comp vr and kicker amp.
-4x JL C3 3 way speakers and JL amp
-JVC arsenal 7" LCD deck
-compustar starter/alarm sys (pain in the ass to install!)

- New Transmission!!!!!
***Always do some research before installing lift kits***
I ended up shelling out another couple thou for new rims and tires. and i only had about 500 km on my original tires)
Attached Thumbnails
My 06 build-my-pics-009.jpg  
Old 04-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
looking good
time for a new skid though
Old 06-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
BUMP
Old 06-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks Joe. Lol
Guess I should update the ol build page.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
VA6DCO

]Its been a while sine I've updated this thread. Mostly spending too much time in the funny pics thread and breaking the ol beast.

So as the timeline goes, this is how she's been in the last year n a bit.

Added a little more to the ol ARB for when the going gets tuff and I need the extra loop when it comes time for a snach block.
My 06 build-dave-o-078.jpg

This has been an on going project. These are the tabs for a rack/ tent.
The issue being fully custom and my final rack was IMO unacceptable.
My 06 build-dave-o-105.jpg
My 06 build-dave-o-106.jpg
Old 06-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
VA6DCO

From a meet (my first with some guys from TW).
A great day that created more Ideas and spent more money that wasn't yet earned.
My 06 build-dave-o-114.jpg
Me (far left) Bulhas (middle) Ghost848 (far right) and the owners ruining a good pic. lol
My 06 build-dave-o-119.jpg
Stuck
Also, sorry about the mini pics.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
VA6DCO

A couple of pics, just because.
My 06 build-dave-o-047.jpg

My 06 build-dave-o-179.jpg
I know, I know. Shes definitely not a pavement princess.
My 06 build-dave-o-187.jpg
Old 06-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
VA6DCO

So heres where my enthusiasm and love for building take hold.
Start small.....
My 06 build-dave-o-205.jpg
Guess and check......
My 06 build-dave-o-208.jpg
Assemble....Strengthen......
My 06 build-dave-o-215.jpg
Paint......
My 06 build-dave-o-216.jpg
Attach......
My 06 build-dave-o-221.jpg
Old 06-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #10
VA6DCO

I was getting sick of crawling under the truck to plug in the rear winch controller. Yes I know you can buy remotes for the winches, I have one for the winch up front.
I felt like doing something unique.
My 06 build-dave-o-231.jpg

My 06 build-dave-o-239.jpg

My 06 build-dave-o-243.jpg
This was my end result.
My 06 build-dave-o-244.jpg
Old 06-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #11
VA6DCO

Just a few pics of a meet, actually two I think.
My 06 build-dave-o-257.jpg
jkirkpatrick on a very deceiving off camber hill
My 06 build-dave-o-268.jpg
10lbs
My 06 build-dave-o-277.jpg
Bulhas coming around to assist the jeep.
My 06 build-dave-o-265.jpg
Old 06-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #12
VA6DCO

New skid. 3/16" reinforced.
From this.
My 06 build-img_00000078.jpg
To this. Plus I changed stock tow point.
My 06 build-img_00000080.jpg
Old 06-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #13
VA6DCO

Skid passed my test.
My 06 build-img_00000086.jpg

My 06 build-img_00000088.jpg
Old 07-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #14
VA6DCO

Another add on.
Mock up.
My 06 build-img_00000092.jpg
Weld.
My 06 build-img_00000098.jpg
My 06 build-img_00000096.jpg

My 06 build-img_00000094.jpg
Install.
My 06 build-img_00000103.jpg
Old 07-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #15
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
More pinion side honestly the only protection we need on our diffs are pinion
Old 07-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #16
VA6DCO

You'll have to point it out when you see it. I thought she covered up pretty well.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #17
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnorantlyAlberta View Post
You'll have to point it out when you see it. I thought she covered up pretty well.
You need to go to the connection point of the drive shaft with a slight over hang, add keep your pinion from taking a hit

It's the weak spot on our diffs

Other wise no point adding more beef to your already low hanging diff

I took mine off and there's a reason it's not back on .....
Old 07-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #18
VA6DCO

My pics may not have shown enough.
My 06 build-img_00000128.jpg

My 06 build-img_00000130.jpg

I figured I had all the angles covered.
It'll be easy enough to take off and reengineer if it's not worthy.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #19
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Look at bamfs his cover a lot more you still have the joint exposed
Old 07-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #20
VA6DCO

Just investigated the bamf skid. I see what you mean but I'd be more worried about hooking up on rocks and such with a skid like that. I do like how it covers the joint though.

Products Discussed in this Thread