Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

DUSTOFF's Build

Old 05-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
DUSTOFF
dustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant future

Army: INFANTRY 1/200th
dustin81's Tacoma Gallery
DUSTOFF's Build

Here is a take two... previous build was outdated, too much to edit.

I bought her brand new lifted from the dealer. It was a graduation present to myself, buying my dream truck. We have had our ups and downs but I love this truck, and dont think I will ever sell it.

2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
-4.0L V6 -Auto -4x4 -DCSB

UPDATED: 3/11/13

As it Sits NOW:

Build Part 2: 1/5/13 - 1/13/13

I want to thank those who helped with Part 2 of my build. Mike for helping with the bumper and winch install. Jason for installing the pillar light, tonneau cover, and winch solenoid box, and providing electrical supplies. Travis for Mechanic help. My dad for the roof lights and use of garage and tools. Special Thanks goes to my Fiance Cathie for all her support through this continuing build.

MORE PICS COMING SOON!!!!

MOD LIST:
- BFG TA-KO 275/70R18 (white letters out)
- PRO COMP 6089 Chrome 18x9
- OEM Roof Rack
- Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares (paint matched)
- PRO COMP 6” stage II Lift: Lowered 5" front, 2.5" rear
- Custom single Drive-shaft
- PRO COMP Aluminum Skid Plate
- Grill Mesh / Rivet
- KC Daylighter 130 watt (4) roof mounted
- Hella 500 Black Magic (2) behind the grill
- BlitzPro 6" L.E.D.'s (2) roof mounted as alley lights
- MagnaLight Pillar Spot Light
- ADVMonster spotlight (1) rear bumper mounted
- Smitty Built Chrome Nerf Bars
- TRD C.A.I.
- Flowmaster 40 muffler
- S.S. 3” exhaust tip
- JDM Window Vent Visors
- Weathertech floor mats
- Delta lockable bike fork mounts
- shorty antenna 13”
- OEM bed mat

- Uniden 520 XL PRO CB (peaked / tuned)
- Husky 3' CB Antenna w/ Magnetic Roof Mount
- OEM Bed Extender

- Truck Tent Sport III
- Undercover Hidden Winch Mount
- Smittybilt XRC8 Winch
- B.A.M.F. Light Mount Behind the Grill
- BlueSea Fuse Block, Circuit Breakers
-
OTRATTW Switches (10), Switch Panel
- Truxedo Roll-Out Tonneau Bed Cover
- JVC KD-650BT Head Unit
- Custom Dash Mount: Switches

MODS:
Fog Light Anytime
Back-up Camera Anytime w/ Switch
110 Volt Outlet In-Cab Outlet
L.E.D. Bed lights with bed pocket mounted switch
Rearranged factory switches
Door buzzer delete
12 volt constant outlet in console
Garage door opener button install
USB charger outlet install
Ipod charger hard wired
Radar detector hard wired
Ipod to aux port
Center console mount CB
Cut Front Fenders

FUTURE MODS:
- Allpro 3" rear springs
- Safari Snorkle
- Plasti-Dip: Wheels, Badges, Grill
- BAMF Sliders
- Kobalt Slim Toolbox
- Install Amp / Sub

Old Pic: Prior to "Build Part 2"

New Mexico

Ft. Benning, GA

First OIL CHANGE

Time for some MODS:

Towing!

OFF-ROADING IN UTAH

RIO PUERCO, NM

THANKS FOR LOOKIN!

LET ME KNOW WHAT YA THINK

Old 05-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
Fear no fish
tuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud of

Name: Tucker
tuckdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice taco! one of the cleaner ones with a 6 inch lift!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! How do you plan on lowering it? Do you not like your lift?
Old 05-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
DUSTOFF
dustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTaco386 View Post
Nice truck! How do you plan on lowering it? Do you not like your lift?
Thanks... I am going to adjust my front coil-overs down about an inch or so in the front, and get rid of the rear 4" block for an add-a-leaf....I love the ride that my lift has, but it has caused nothing but problems. It has never been able to get a good alignment, and I have gone through 4 rear drive shafts, and now front wheel bearings. I am hoping that lowering just that little bit will help with some of those problems.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
Haha damn you cuz, every time I send you an email or a message you find some OTHER way to get ahold of me. I still have the 98, for now, you'd know that if you checked your GMAIL. Somebody spotted my old blue 05 Taco in OHIO!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #7
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin81 View Post
Thanks... I am going to adjust my front coil-overs down about an inch or so in the front, and get rid of the rear 4" block for an add-a-leaf....I love the ride that my lift has, but it has caused nothing but problems. It has never been able to get a good alignment, and I have gone through 4 rear drive shafts, and now front wheel bearings. I am hoping that lowering just that little bit will help with some of those problems.
Hopefully that will help. From reading your build, you've gone through some trouble. At least you haven't given up on it. Hopefully things will work out.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #8
BOOMSHAKALAKA
boardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud of

Name: Bomb.com
boardude's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck bud!! Looks like you've had a rough time by lookin at the pics..
Old 05-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck!!!

Is that your custom one-piece shaft that bent?!?!? How did that happen??

I think I know the answer...but WTH happened to your windows?
Old 05-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #10
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
his back window was from his four wheeler, I don't remember what happened to his passenger side, probably got broken into since he loves to live in the ghetto state
Old 05-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #11
AbqTRD2010 is just really niceAbqTRD2010 is just really niceAbqTRD2010 is just really niceAbqTRD2010 is just really nice

Name: Michael
AbqTRD2010's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to AbqTRD2010
Nice Truck!!

Saw it in the photoshop thread. I'm liking the black instead of chrome you are thinking of adding to the truck.

Look forward to seeing the truck around Rio Rancho, noticed you were from the same area.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:46 AM   #12
toytaco11 is on a distinguished road

toytaco11's Tacoma Gallery
beautiful truck, one of the best looking Tacomas I've ever seen.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #13
PahalaTacoma is on a distinguished road
PahalaTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What's goin on in the Sinai? The bedouins causing trouble again
Old 06-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #14
DUSTOFF

Roof Rack and ADVMonster LED lights ordered!

Now for BFG TA KO All Terrains or KM2 Muds... hmmm

Any opinions?????
Old 06-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #15
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin81 View Post
Roof Rack and ADVMonster LED lights ordered!

Now for BFG TA KO All Terrains or KM2 Muds... hmmm

Any opinions?????
I love my KM2's but am currently running 285 70 17 Treadwright Guard Dogs. These ones.......https://www.treadwright.com/p-52-285...dog-m-t-d.aspx

They are very nice tires and have been really solid so far.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #16
KM2s for looks...