Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Bomb.com Build

Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #21
BOOMSHAKALAKA
boardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud of

Name: Bomb.com
boardude's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got a chance to throw on the OMEs this weekend. I have already noticed a difference in ride quality!

I also threw on a pair of top plate spacers and Im right at 3" up front. I think the truck is perfectly "level" (no rake or bro lean). All I need now are some new wheels and hopefully Ill be done.. (HA, yeah right!!).

Heres some pics from the install:

Had to take the shocks & coils to a local shop. I had them set the 5100's at 0

Heres a couple cool after pics on top of the garage I park in

Old 10-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #22
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, how about that alignment now? Time for some UCA's with that high of a lift.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #23
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yea man! looks good! i love my OME/5100 lift, except mine are set at .85
Old 10-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #24
BOOMSHAKALAKA
boardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stacoma View Post
Looks good, how about that alignment now? Time for some UCA's with that high of a lift.
Alignment and new wheels are tomorrow. Well see how far off spec ill be
Old 10-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #25
BOOMSHAKALAKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
Hell yea man! looks good! i love my OME/5100 lift, except mine are set at .85
Thanks bud! I'm stoked with the ride quality and how it turned out. Now I need to scope your truck out to get some inspiration!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #26
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks good! keep on truckin!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #27
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Looks great man! I just did a Carbon Fiber wrap in my interior too! I'm really liking how it looks on my rig!

Any new mods on the horizon??
Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #28
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

I had 5100 at 2.5" and they said that they had my alignment as good as possible. After I installed wheels and tires it did not drive that well at high speeds. I installed LR UCA's this past weekend and it is night and day for how well my truck drives now. It drives as close to factory as it will probably get.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #29
BOOMSHAKALAKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oury View Post
truck looks good! keep on truckin!
Thanks bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightman80 View Post
Looks great man! I just did a Carbon Fiber wrap in my interior too! I'm really liking how it looks on my rig!

Any new mods on the horizon??
Thanks man! Did you use the 3M wrap? I used the crappy imitation stuff and now Im regretting it.

I want to do the BLHM this weekend and I need UCAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stacoma View Post
I had 5100 at 2.5" and they said that they had my alignment as good as possible. After I installed wheels and tires it did not drive that well at high speeds. I installed LR UCA's this past weekend and it is night and day for how well my truck drives now. It drives as close to factory as it will probably get.
Yeah I'm def going to need UCAs. I have been looking at the Camburgs and LRs, but have heard some great things about the LRs. Were driving up to Durango in a few months for a snowboard trip so my goal is to throw them on before then for sure.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #30
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! I have an Access Cab 4x4 in the Spruce mica color, is this what color your DC is? I have only seen one other in Spruce Mica.

I have ICON extended travel coilovers and will be installing Camburg UCAs this weekend. I'm in the Phoenix area.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #31
BOOMSHAKALAKA

Thank you sir! Mine is a Timberland Mica which they only made from 09-11. I think the Spruce replaced my color and is a little lighter. I love these two colors cause you dont see many on the road!

Are you thinking of going with the uniballs or ball joint Camburgs?
Old 10-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #32
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, both of these colors are kind of "rare".

I bought the Camburg Upper control Arms with the 1.25" uniballs. I thought for a minute about buying the billet aluminum ICON uca's but they are stupid expensive (and georgeous!). Bought the ICON suspension (front coilovers w/ internal resevoir and Rear shocks with Remote resevoirs) and Camburg 'arms from DownSouth Motorsports in San Diego. They were good to work with, helped me get the suspension for my needs, and did NOT push me to buy the most expensive parts.

I am a bit far to make your gatherings, but it would be fun to hang with you guys, see your rides, swap lies, etc.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #33
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardude View Post
Thanks bud! I'm stoked with the ride quality and how it turned out. Now I need to scope your truck out to get some inspiration!
Very cool man and yes you do! You should come out this saturday with us! check out my sig and click the fall 2012 trail run
Old 10-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #34
BOOMSHAKALAKA

NEW KICKS BABY!! Just threw on some Level 8 Guardians! I love these cause they look almost identical to the TRD wheels

Old 10-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #35

Looking good. Its crazy how just changing your wheels completely changes the look of your truck.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:45 PM   #36
BOOMSHAKALAKA

^^ Seriously! Not only does it have a wider stance do to the wheels negative offset but the tires look bigger too, making me not regret getting 265s over 285s as much.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #37
GENERAL OFFROAD will become famous soon enoughGENERAL OFFROAD will become famous soon enough

Name: Eric
GENERAL OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Clean looking truck! The wheels really set it off..love the pup's coat man, haha my dog is brindle as well.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #38
BOOMSHAKALAKA

Thanks bud! Yeah I love the brindle color.. Bentley (my dog) almost has an orangish tint in the sun. You should throw some pics up of your dog!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #39
BOOMSHAKALAKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
Very cool man and yes you do! You should come out this saturday with us! check out my sig and click the fall 2012 trail run
Thanks for the invite man! Im stoked and can't wait to tear some trails up!