Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Bomb.com Build

Old 05-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
BOOMSHAKALAKA
boardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud of

Name: Bomb.com
boardude's Tacoma Gallery
Bomb.com Build

Hola Amigos! I'm fairly new to TW but I have done a lot since so I thought I would make a build thread for my 2011 Timberland Mica DC Prerunner

Everyone refers to her as "TÁCO" (take-oh) and there is a story behind this.. A bunch of us were gearing up to head out to tailgate for the UofA game and as we were packing up the truck one of our buddies asked “Whats a TÁCO?” but pronounced take-oh. None of us knew what he was talking about so we thought he was drunk already and continued packing the truck. When he asked it again, we realized he was referring to the “TACO” emblem that I have on the grille. So we all rolled with it I and I informed him that is what the Tacomas are called in Canada since they like to go oot and aboot in their TÁCOs. After a few hours of letting it settle in with him, we proceeded and continue to give him shit how he missed that day in second grade where they taught how to sound out letters that words are compiled of.

Now on to the build. This is how she currently sits:

Just threw on the new kicks!!

Suspension
Billstein 5100's front set @ 0
OME 885x
Top plate spacers
Rear leaf TSB
Toytec 1.5" AAL

Wheels & Tires
16 x 8.5 Level 8 Guardians
265/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATs
TRD Center Cap Decals

Performance
K&N Air Intake

Exterior
Color matched Grille w/ Satoshi
Color matched eyelids
Lower Satoshi
Relocated horns
Painted black front valence
Sockmonkey bedside decals
GoPro Hero front grille mount
Yellow tinted fogs
DDM 55w HID 6000k
Black Tails
Plasti Dipped rear bumper
Debadged
"TACO" third brake light cover
BAMF bed rail tie downs

Interior
Center console LED light
Dual automatic up/down windows (pending install)
Carbon fiber wrap
Painted black window switch plastic surround

Future MODs:
UCAs
Projectors
LED turn signals/DTRL/Third brake/license plate
Upgrade the JBL package

The day I brought her home on 12/2010

What goes better with a Truck than a Dog!!!

The first thing I did was put in the K&N Air Intake - Dont notice any gas milage difference but the response time and sound are phenomenal!

Had to change out the stock grille with a Grillcraft
Writeup for a 2011 grille cut away and install - http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tall-pics.html

Next I installed the Billstein 5100's and set the front @ 2.5"

Didnt like the "Bro-Lean" so quickly fixed that with the Rear leaf TSB, a Toytec 1.5" AAL and some bigger tires

To capture all of my adventures, I put a mount above the front valence for the GoPro

Just finished the Satoshi Mod on a color matched grille I'm stoked how it came out!!

Then shortly I did the lower Satoshi

Added some new tails and plasti-dipped the back bumper to phase out the chrome

Then came the Level 8 Guardians! I added the TRD center cap

Some mas pics:

From Tucson Fall Trail Run http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ari...ml#post5802790

New addition to the Garage! 2013 Acura ILX with Phantom Black Chrome MBs

Here are a few videos from the GoPro on the MTB trails

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVa29V9D-4E?version=3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfP0dNd-5pw?version=3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrSgM3dt7jQ?version=3

Now its time to Party!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck OP

good lookin' pup too!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #3
Fear no fish
tuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud of

Name: Tucker
tuckdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
nice looking truck! i wish i still had my go pro...!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
TW resident Camel
cjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: CJ
cjasu's Tacoma Gallery
moar pup pics and post some of those videos and digging the green color
Old 06-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
BOOMSHAKALAKA
boardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud of

Here some more pics and updates:

First Bentley is getting big.. not really a pup anymore

Installed the Hi/Low DDM HID 6000k kit

Installed the console light mode with a cheap (but effective) LED light

Did some wrapping with 3M Carbon Fiber - still working on the driver side since I kind of F'd that up!

New BIKE - TREK 29er!!
Old 09-06-2012, 02:49 AM   #6
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build! Im surprised I havent seen you around yet. We have bi/weekly meets starting up in tucson finally, you should come out tonight to Old Chicago Grill @ 6pm. Ill find the link for you but its always cool meetin other local TW members
Old 09-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
BOOMSHAKALAKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
Nice build! Im surprised I havent seen you around yet. We have bi/weekly meets starting up in tucson finally, you should come out tonight to Old Chicago Grill @ 6pm. Ill find the link for you but its always cool meetin other local TW members
Thanks! That would be awesome.. Im still kind of a newbie so I have been wanting to do a meet and greet. Unfortunately I have class on Thurs nights but one of these days Ill have to skip and come hang out.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #9
BOOMSHAKALAKA

Thanks bud! Yeah I need to update some of the pics. I ordered a color matched grille and did the satoshi on that. SO glad I did that. I sold the old chrome grille and grillcraft.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #10
bjhn83 is a jewel in the roughbjhn83 is a jewel in the roughbjhn83 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Bradley
bjhn83's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck and bikes
I'm very interested in the dual auto windows. Been wanting a passenger auto down since I got my truck so I'll have to check back and see if you figure it out. PM me and maybe we can collaborate on the idea.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #11
BOOMSHAKALAKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhn83 View Post
Nice truck and bikes
I'm very interested in the dual auto windows. Been wanting a passenger auto down since I got my truck so I'll have to check back and see if you figure it out. PM me and maybe we can collaborate on the idea.
Thanks! I dont think it should be that hard to install the new switches, just splice and connect. I got the idea from here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...h-windows.html.

I just havent gotten around to it and now with football starting.. But 'Ill let you know for sure once I install them.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:28 AM   #13
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardude View Post
Thanks! I dont think it should be that hard to install the new switches, just splice and connect. I got the idea from here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...h-windows.html.

I just havent gotten around to it and now with football starting.. But 'Ill let you know for sure once I install them.
ill be in touch once you do
Old 09-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #14
BOOMSHAKALAKA

Bump - updated some pics and added some videos
Old 09-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #15
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good how are those tires working out?
Old 09-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #17
BOOMSHAKALAKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stacoma View Post
Looking good how are those tires working out?
No complaints so far, no vibes or noise on the highway. Cant beat the price and warranty too

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Nice lookin truck!
Thanks bud!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #18
BOOMSHAKALAKA

My OME 885x coils were delivered yesterday!! Im going to throw these on the billies set @ 0 hopefully next week. I also ordered the top plate spacers to get close to 3" in the front.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #19
TacomaAR is on a distinguished road
TacomaAR's Tacoma Gallery
Boardude,

Did you have any problems fitting your Trek 29er in the short bed? I'm getting ready to buy a short bed and was wondering how my Specialized StumpJumper 29er will fit.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #20
BOOMSHAKALAKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaAR View Post
Boardude,

Did you have any problems fitting your Trek 29er in the short bed? I'm getting ready to buy a short bed and was wondering how my Specialized StumpJumper 29er will fit.
It fit like a glove when I first got it and the tailgate kept it from bouncing around when closed. Since then I replaced the back tire with a beefier Kenda 29x2.2 so its a tighter fit. Usually I just leave the tailgate down