Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My New Tacoma!

Old 05-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
JibHonk is on a distinguished road
Name: Cole
JibHonk's Tacoma Gallery
My New Tacoma!

No build yet however here is my brand new 2012 Taco! Trd Sport package 6 speed manual. I went to this from a Nissan 370z so the transition has been "different". I am overall extremely happy though as this is a much more practical vehicle + now i can haul my bike to the track without needing to rely on others. TO DO LIST: Blistein 5100's. 285 tires (MT or AT) and possibly some armor. Has anybody rhinolined their bed? how hard was it to remove the bulls**t plastic liner?

Old 05-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Great truck. Thats not a liner. Its a composite bed. Great color choice. Congrats !!!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell View Post
Great truck. Thats not a liner. Its a composite bed. Great color choice. Congrats !!!
x2...its lighter to "save" mileage lol

its really heavy duty tho...ive dropped alot of heavy crap on it and jumped on it and it has never cracked...

also welcome to TW
Old 05-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Ordinance E-5
Name: Ken
johneman's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new truck...welcome to TW...great color choice...
Old 05-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
JibHonk's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! i'm also considering the OME lift instead of the Blisteins. Any thoughts? Before I bought my Z I had a 98' 4runner in Stellar Blue. 4runner had over 200k miles on it when i traded her so it is nice to finally own a 4x4 truck again. I look forward to leaching all your knowledge!
First mod to come is tomorrow, Cutting down the mud flaps to a reasonable length!! A new shorter antenna might also get ordered soon as well, already tired of hitting it every time i pull into the garage.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
welcome. nice truck and 2006 R6? lol my brother had one. sold it after 2 years got it back. and traded it on a R1 than sold it. he is kind of implosive.. lol

and dang thats a big change from a 370z!! lol
Old 05-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
JibHonk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
welcome. nice truck and 2006 R6? lol my brother had one. sold it after 2 years got it back. and traded it on a R1 than sold it. he is kind of implosive.. lol

and dang thats a big change from a 370z!! lol

Yep, 2006 Here was the Z. For the record that porsche and I ran later on and I pulled hard on him after 2nd..because racecar.