Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

big sky's modest 12 build

Old 05-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
big sky's modest 12 build

nothing too fancy, but then again I've only had it for two weeks

day I brought it home, 2012 Double Cab Sport 6 speed

didn't like the front mud flaps (looked like they were just begging to get torn off ), so they were the first to go

^ also pic'd are some silver FJ TRD center caps

installed a TRD exhaust this weekend

comapro vs oe, smaller diameter muffler and larger diameter pipe (2.5" vs 2.25")

shiny tip

wasn't happy w/ the rear mudflaps, but wanted to leave some on there- so just trimmed the oe ones, marked a line w/ a straight edge and cut w/ tin snips, used the lower portion to trace the curves and cut those- smoothed it up w/ a sanding drum

finished

installed an Avid lightbar- very high quality piece; had it Rhinolined as it comes bare metal

also rattle canned the Toyota emblem super white w/ a couple light shots of clear

rear quarter shot w/ shortened mudflap, TRD exhaust and TRD center caps

I've got to get a high lift jack and shovel mounted as my next project
Old 05-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
thanks

I used ATO mounts that I had rhinolined to mount the hi-lift, very well designed and the jack is very secure

have an idea for the shovel, see if it works out

Old 05-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #5

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
thanks

I think I've got the shovel mount figured out, I'm going to use a couple of quick fist clamps

and a couple of t-nuts to slide into the rails to hold the clamps

Old 05-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #6

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
this makes for an easy and clean way to mount a shovel/axe/similar item utilizing the bed mount system

first you'll need a pair of quick fists

http://www.endroad.com/index.php/quick-fist-mounts.html

then a pair of t-slot nuts

http://www.zorotools.com/g/00063230/k-G1777921/

and finally a pair of 3/8" bolts (I used a round head hex socket)- I went 3/4" length, but I think 1" might be better

you have to drill the hole out a little in the quick fist to get the 3/8" bolt in

I assembled the t-slot nut on loosely, opened up the rail and slid both quickfists in, get them to the right location and simply tighten- done
Old 07-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #8

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gov875 View Post
good start! were those t slot nuts the 9/16 (table) and 7/8 (base) w/ 3/8-16 thread? Looking to mount something similar and want to get the right size.

thanks!
danke those are the correct dimensions- cheapest I could find them was at Zorotools @ $2.50 a pop- might be cheaper elsewhere????