Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My First Build

Old 05-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
Shits & Giggles
kriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud of

Navy: Naval Flight Officer
Name: Chris
kriskross's Tacoma Gallery
My First Build

This truck died in a tragic water accident. She was quickly replaced by another. You can almost cut the jealousy with a knife. RIP

In her prime:

Stock:

Then:

ARB Bumper, IPF Lights, Plasti-dip wheels

After:

Wheels and tires, BHLM

Winch, Rock sliders, IFS skid

CBI rear bumper

Bed rack, tube fenders, spare tire mount, front and rear suspension

CBI front bumper

Performance:
K&N cold air intake
Flowmaster exhaust, currently chopped just forward of axle
DT ST Headers

Suspension
RadFlo Extended travel 600lb 2.5" adjustable coilovers
LR UCAs
King 12" rear shocks w custom mounts
AllPro Expo leaf pack
Famous Fabrication shackles
AllPro Ubolt flip
AllPro spindle gussets

Interior:
WeatherTech Digifit floor mats
MagLite mod
"Oh Shit Handle" wrapped in 550
Fire extinguisher

Cosmetics:
Smoked taillights
Debadged
25% window tint added on top of stock tint
Punkin mod
Ouch mod

Armor:
CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper
CBI Rock Sliders DOM w Kickout
CBI Bushmaster 2.0 High Clearance rear bumper with Rigid SRM floods and hitch
Custom IFS+TCase Skid
Custom bed rack and tube fender wrap-arounds courtesy of LittleBro 5

Recovery
Warn M8000-s
Hi-Lift Extreme
QuickFist mounted shovel and axe

Audio
Pioneer AppRadio double din 7" deck
Boston G1 8" sub
Kenwood Ex 500 amp
Morel Tempo 6x9s

Accessories:
Halo projector headlights with 8000 HID upgrade
Viper remote start security system
RedLine Tuning QuickLift Plus Hood Struts
Cobra 25 CB Radio
Antennae tuned and remounted to front left hood mount. HUGE improvement!
Firestik 4'
Train horn powered from air supply/tank with pushbutton on dash
HELLA two-tone horn
Spare tire mounted in bed courtesy of Littlebro 5
ARB Twin OBA CKMTA12
Backup camera anytime mod
Interior LEDs
Reverse light LEDs
Third brake light LEDs
PlasmaGlow Firestorm light bar
Mounting bracket for hi-lift, shovel and axe courtesy of Littlebro 5
L track cargo tie-down for mounting toolbox in bed
UltraGauge EM v1.2

Misc.
Removed engine cover
Replaced fender flares with rubber flaring
Punkin mod
Black carpet after water accident

Kicks
BFG A/T TKO 265/70/17
17x9 ProComp 7069
Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers x4

ON ORDER!!!:

Future mods
Flatbed -maybe-
Safari Snorkel SS135HFD Modified for '05-'10 Toyota Tacoma
Wet Okole Seat Covers
TRD or AFE CAI to go with Safari Snorkel
Gas can carrier or long range fuel tank
CVT tent
Water storage
Water pump with shower system
ARB fridge
Bed storage
Dual battery system
Ditch kit
Water purification
Fire starting kit
Whistle
Radio
Emergency blanket
550 cord
Light tarp
Medical kit
Emergency foodstuffs
Knife

Past Mods
ARB front bumper
6" IPF Lights
AllPro IFS skid FOR SALE!!!
5gal air tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9cYE...YpQhg3uCSHW33A

http://youtu.be/ZK3EnOVd758
Old 05-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Looks really good!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
Shits & Giggles
kriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Looks really good!
Thanks! Always looking for tips and hints! Already got a couple guys saying the ARB bumper should be supported by some aftermarket suspension, something I was a little afraid of at first but kind of look forward to now.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #5
Shits & Giggles

Here is a pic of the engine bay and the K&N intake. SOOO much more room without that huge stock intake manifold. I also removed the plastic shield. Just something else to get dirty.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #6
Shits & Giggles

I used to wonder what the three bolts were for on top of the passenger fender inside the enginebay. I wasn't until I installed the intake that it named it since it used one of the bolts. It is for the ABS pump. Which is funny because I definitely have ABS but somehow don't need a pump??? If someone can explain this to me, please do. Here is a a pic of it if you don't know what I am talking about.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #7
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crevans2 View Post
I used to wonder what the three bolts were for on top of the passenger fender inside the enginebay. I wasn't until I installed the intake that it named it since it used one of the bolts. It is for the ABS pump. Which is funny because I definitely have ABS but somehow don't need a pump??? If someone can explain this to me, please do. Here is a a pic of it if you don't know what I am talking about.
lol, on the 09 off rds, the ABS is on the drivers side near the brake booster. Those studs are there still...I used them to install my winch silinoid..
Old 06-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #8
Shits & Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
lol, on the 09 off rds, the ABS is on the drivers side near the brake booster. Those studs are there still...I used them to install my winch silinoid..
Speaking of winch, can you tell me a little about yours? I haven't done a lot of shopping around yet but I hear they are expensive. Also that there are a couple different types of winch.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I honestly dont know much myself:embarrassed: i just got mine because it was only $100 when i bought my arb you want at least an 8k winch though. That much I do know. A lot of people hate on the smittybuilt xrc winches because the silinoid tends to stop working do to corrosion. The people who have siliconed them have had good luck though. Do some searches on here and you will see what i am talking about.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good bud!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
Shits & Giggles

Quote:
I honestly dont know much myself :embarrassed: i just got mine because it was only $100 when i bought my arb you want at least an 8k winch though. That much I do know. A lot of people hate on the smittybuilt xrc winches because the silinoid tends to stop working do to corrosion. The people who have siliconed them have had good luck though. Do some searches on here and you will see what i am talking about.
Good to know I'm not the only one. Thanks for the help man.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #12
Shits & Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Looks good bud!
Thanks!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #13
Faryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mic
Faryota's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck...I have had warn winches on my trucks/jeeps since 1977!!! I have never had any trouble with them! Never!!! Never even had to service one yet! They are local to me too! I even have them on my ATV's too!!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #14
Shits & Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faryota View Post
Nice truck...I have had warn winches on my trucks/jeeps since 1977!!! I have never had any trouble with them! Never!!! Never even had to service one yet! They are local to me too! I even have them on my ATV's too!!!!
Nice! Thanks for the tip! I will definitely look into them!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #15
I love your mom!

I actually wanted to buy a warn, but i couldnt pass up the xrc8 for only $100...i paid another $30 for a 3yr no questions asked warranty through 4wheelparts.com
Old 06-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #16
Shits & Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faryota View Post
Quote:
I actually wanted to buy a warn, but i couldnt pass up the xrc8 for only $100...i paid another $30 for a 3yr no questions asked warranty through 4wheelparts.com
If Linwood gets a xrc8 for $100, how much do warns usually go for?
Old 06-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #18
Shits & Giggles

Quote:
They run for like $600 the xrc was only $100 if you buy an arb bumper at the same time
Then I guess its too bad I already have my ARB...
Old 07-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #19
Shits & Giggles

Out with the old, in with the new!

Super easy install! Just had to buy a bigger jack and jack stands. ToyTec had really good install instructions. Love my new suspension!!!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #20
Shits & Giggles

Just ordered AllPro IFS skid last night. I think I needed it...