Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Tactical Tacoma's 2012 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Tactical Tacoma's 2012 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport

**updated pics of: tires, powdercoated wheel, sPOD, locker, compressor and changes coming soon**

Well, on May 5th 2012, after months of deliberartion, I finally traded in my 2009 SSM DCSB Prerunner Sport for a 2012 MGM DCSB 4wd Sport w/Entune, Tow Pkg, the works.

So here are the mods so far

Performance:
  • aFe Pro Dry-S Drop in Filter
  • Flowmaster 40 series muffler (single in, single out)
  • ARB Air compressor
  • ARB rear air locker

Wheels & Suspension:Exterior:
Electrical:
Interior:
As she sits today

Day I brought it home

Full OME Kit and Toytec 1.5" TSB AAL

After OME Kit install

FJ Cruiser TRD Center Caps

TRD 17" Sport wheels painted anthracite

Ventshade rear window deflector and bed extender

MTM Plastic Ammo Cans Mounted to Bed Rails

TRD Front window decal

Expedition Portal sticker on tailgate

4WD Emblem on lower right of tailgate

Tailgate clamp mod

OEM Bed mat and mod for extra D-rings

20% tint on front windows

Debadged and Wade/Westin In-channel visors

Signals bulbs painted silver to eliminate egg yolk effect

Painted calipers red

Bed storage lock mod

Tinted 3rd Brake Light

TRD Expedition Bedside Decals by Sockmonkey

Recovery Hitch w /red shackle

Homemade brackets with Quick Fists for shovel mounting

Thule 400XT roof rack, 58" load bars and 42" Fairing

In cab outlets

Big cup holder mod and DIY center console mount for iPhone 4 with Life Proof case

Hardwired Radar detector

White LED interior light kit from csjumper2003

Super White LED Vanity Mirror Lights

TRD shift knob

[B]Flyzeye Designs V2 (hardwired) Red & White LED's, Red halos and black case

Future plans:
  • Avid offoad light bar
  • Hidden Winch with shackle mounts, D-rings (red), fair lead (gun metal) and Factor 55 ProLink (red w/black D-ring)
  • Retrofits w/BHLM
  • ARB front Locker
Old 05-12-2012, 01:52 AM   #2
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
Nick
Nick17 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
Nick17's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get that front windshield decal?
Old 05-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Goose
dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
Like it!
Old 05-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
I went from an 09 to 12 with my weathertechs how did you change the tabs? Did you just take them out of the carpet or move them?
Old 05-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #7
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick17 View Post
Where did you get that front windshield decal?
Click the link on the list of mods and it will take you to the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrugia View Post
I went from an 09 to 12 with my weathertechs how did you change the tabs? Did you just take them out of the carpet or move them?
In the pic of the mats, you can see that I just cut holes in my old weathertechs, in order to work with the 12's tabs.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:14 AM   #8

dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
Oh ok couldn't tell on my phone. Thanks!
Old 05-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #9
Nick

Nick17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Tacoma View Post
Click the link on the list of mods and it will take you to the site.

In the pic of the mats, you can see that I just cut holes in my old weathertechs, in order to work with the 12's tabs.
Alright thanks. You have a really nice truck.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrugia View Post
Oh ok couldn't tell on my phone. Thanks!
No problem man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick17 View Post
Alright thanks. You have a really nice truck.
No problem and thanks man.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #11
Nick

Nick17's Tacoma Gallery
One last question. What is the length of that decal?
Old 05-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #13
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
calipers came out very nice- me likey
Old 05-15-2012, 12:31 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMAtose HI View Post
this is build is coming along great!!! sub'd!!!
Thanks bro! I love your truck btw. I am currently trying to decide between a OME 3", Toytec Ultimate lift or the Icon stage 1 kit right now. Then, I'll start worrying about tires. Also, have to decide between painting the stock 17" Sport wheels flat black or gun metal/anthracite.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #17
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Tacoma View Post
Thanks bro! I love your truck btw. I am currently trying to decide between a OME 3", Toytec Ultimate lift or the Icon stage 1 kit right now. Then, I'll start worrying about tires. Also, have to decide between painting the stock 17" Sport wheels flat black or gun metal/anthracite.

ive heard great things about all of those lifts. try looking into the black wheels that they put on the FJs...those are fricken sweet!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 01:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMAtose HI View Post
ive heard great things about all of those lifts. try looking into the black wheels that they put on the FJs...those are fricken sweet!!!
Yeah the 16" Trail Team edition/TRD FJ wheels are sick. They made them in 3 colors: silver, anthracite (gun metal) and flat black. It's easier and cheaper to buy the silver ones and paint them or have them powder coated. I'm fine with the Taco TRD 17" Sport wheels. I rocked them for 3 years on my 2009. But I painted them anthracite/gun metal myself. They looked good.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:23 AM   #19
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
hell yea those are sick!!! well ill be waiting to see the lift, wheels and tires put on!!! good luck!!!

Products Discussed in this Thread