Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

08silverTRD Build thread

Old 05-11-2012, 06:42 AM   #1
08silverTRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
08silverTRD's Tacoma Gallery
08silverTRD Build thread

I'm a new active member here. I've been a lurker for awhile but after visiting with my brother and seeing his ridiculous jeep the mod bug has got me and I've decided to start a build thread.

I come from the sports car world so I've got a lot to learn about trucks. I've owned my truck since about October 2011.

Here's how she sits today. (sorry she's dirty)

I've done a few minor modifications from looking around. I've got more to come but it will be slow since money is always an issue.

Interior:
Illuminated 4x4 switch
TRD floor mats
TRD rubber floor mats
Interior white LED kit
Parachord covered grab handles

Exterior:
Bed Mat
Functional hood scoop (removed plastic so it actually vents)
LED replacement lights
Cooper Discoverer AT3
Brembo blank rotors
Hawk HPS brake pads
Old 05-11-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Just a desert dude.
XIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
XIGUNHAWKIX's Tacoma Gallery
Are you looking to jack that thing up? What are your plans for the build?
Old 05-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
I plan on jacking it up, redoing suspension, adding some sliders (4x innovations) and a light bar (avid). Eventually I may do the whole front and rear bumpers replaced. I've been looking around getting ideas, but it will be slow progress as the money comes in. I'm trying to save for a house as well so can't go too crazy.

For the interior I plan to upgrade the sound system as I think the stock one sucks so bad. I am playing with the idea of removing the radio completely and use an old phone/tablet for infotainment with a custom fabbed dash. I tried that in my Accord a long time ago and it turned out great till I sold the car.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #4
Just a desert dude.
XIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
XIGUNHAWKIX's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Are you familiar with AllPro Offroad? They've got a pretty reasonably priced long travel kits depending on how far up your trying to go lol. I understand completely about the money situation, it's hard to not spend money on your Yoder!

Interesting idea with the dash, sounds pretty sweet man. You'll have to post some pics of the progress and end product!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like good list of projects. Should be fun.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 AM   #6
Just added a set of new shoes! Cooper Discoverer AT3s. Soon will be new rotors and brake pads since I've got a terrible shake when braking.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
Installed new rotors and brakes. Brembo blanks and Hawk Sport brakes.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck, it'll be fun making mods to that bad dog. Good luck.