Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

BlueStreak Build

Old 05-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #1
Blueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Firefighter/ EMT
Name: Matt
Blueanimal's Tacoma Gallery
BlueStreak Build

Decided I'd go ahead and create a build thread. It's not much but it works for now.

How it currently sits with 170k

Purchased in June 2008
2006 DCSB TRD Sport Prerunner
32k miles

Closest picture I have of it being stock
BlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336985287.459517.jpg
Added grille guard and changed up the lights and siren (and a buddy sprayed my truck with mud while I was pulling another stuck buddy out, barely got my window up in time)
BlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336985387.250378.jpg
Added billy 5100s at 2.5, Firestone Ride-Rite airbags, and gooseneck hitch

Bought some 18" rock star rims with Kelley safari 32" tires off a local guy (sorry about the blurry pictures, I was trying to crop out the trailers)

All cleaned up ready for its first off-road trip, with some of Andre's Devil Horns
BlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336985878.185852.jpg
First trip to Sicily Island ORV Park
BlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336985974.936943.jpg
BlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336986026.624743.jpg
BlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336986055.787598.jpg
BlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336986107.294797.jpg
BlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336986154.904327.jpg
All was going good up until here^
And then this happenedBlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336986264.615437.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
BlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336985541.363825.jpg   BlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336985781.390457.jpg  
Old 05-14-2012, 02:19 AM   #2
Blueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Decided I'd go ahead and create a build thread. It's not much but it works for now.

How it currently sits with 170k

Purchased in June 2008
2006 DCSB TRD Sport Prerunner
32k miles

Closest picture I have of it being stock
Attachment 151295
Added grille guard and changed up the lights and siren (and a buddy sprayed my truck with mud while I was pulling another stuck buddy out, barely got my window up in time)
Attachment 151296
Added billy 5100s at 2.5, Firestone Ride-Rite airbags, and gooseneck hitch

Bought some 18" rock star rims with Kelley safari 32" tires off a local guy (sorry about the blurry pictures, I was trying to crop out the trailers)

All cleaned up ready for its first off-road trip, with some of Andre's Devil Horns
Attachment 151299
First trip to Sicily Island ORV Park
Attachment 151300
Attachment 151301
Attachment 151302
Attachment 151303
Attachment 151304
All was going good up until here^
And then this happenedAttachment 151305

Broke the front U-joint and this ensued
BlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336986343.623748.jpgBlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336986389.498289.jpgBlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336986425.810763.jpg
Managed to fix it that day on the trail so of course I had to test it out.
BlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336986657.303532.jpg
BlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336986861.880766.jpg
Next day I hit a couple easy trails and called it quits for the trip
BlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336986743.476539.jpg
A couple weeks later at a meet and eat
BlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336986835.220633.jpg
And decided to do some flexing on the way home
BlueStreak Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336986919.564810.jpg
Old 05-14-2012, 04:16 AM   #3

Cut out a place for a switch panel (no switches yet)

Added Light Force 170's

June 22-24
Did a little wheelin' in Kisatchie National Forest

removed headlight guards

I have also brought my front billy's down to 0" and put OME 885 coils on (thanks to Brunes), remounted my fire extinguisher in the bed and received my dust lights. I still need to rewire all my lights to the new switch panel, wire my dust lights, wire my bed lights, order mount and wire a CB (cobra 75), paint my hood scoop and valence (and possibly my roof), order mount and wire a new siren, bed line interior and rocker panels, remove old pin stripes and TRD decals and replace with sockmonkey Retro's and TRD ZORT decals, and do a full detail to the truck.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #4

August 11
Made a day trip to Barnwell Mountain

Managed to get my Sockmonkey Retro's on

Went to a Meet & Great at one of the clubs sponsoring dealerships

My truck decided to tell me it doesn't like dealerships by smacking a handrail as I was leaving

Last week I managed to get my dust lights mounted and wired

I have sliders on order, 295/70/17 nitto trail grapplers on my stock rims waiting to go on the truck with spidertrax wheel spacers, and also preparing to do a cab mount chop.
A couple random pics
Old 07-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #5

Reserved for later mods.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Deleted my previous message so everything would be in order.

Sub'd
Old 07-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin' rig man. Any future mods and/or additions in mind? Armor?
Old 07-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Deleted my previous message so everything would be in order.

Sub'd
Thanks Bowen
Old 07-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadesOfGrey View Post
Nice lookin' rig man. Any future mods and/or additions in mind? Armor?
Future plans include front (possibly relentless aluminum to save weight depending on what direction I take) and rear (high clearance) bumpers and sliders for armor. 4wd conversion is in the works with a adaptor plate so I can run my 2wd transmission with a FJ twin stick transfer case. I'm still debating on putting in the IFS 4wd parts or just dropping the money for a SAS. If I find a steal on the front IFS 4wd parts I'll go that direction for now. Either way it will also get a crawl box.
If I stay with the IFS it will get a snorkeled. If I go SAS it will get fiberglass fenders so I can keep it as close to the ground as possible and possibly a supercharger (I dout though).
Either way the rear axle will get swapped out for something stronger, front and rear lockers, and it will get skids for whatever parts need it. Those are the main plans. Lots of plans and they'll get done eventually.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #10
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueanimal View Post
Future plans include front (possibly relentless aluminum to save weight depending on what direction I take) and rear (high clearance) bumpers and sliders for armor. 4wd conversion is in the works with a adaptor plate so I can run my 2wd transmission with a FJ twin stick transfer case. I'm still debating on putting in the IFS 4wd parts or just dropping the money for a SAS. If I find a steel on the front IFS 4wd parts I'll go that direction for now. Either way it will also get a crawl box.
If I stay with the IFS it will get a snorkeled. If I go SAS it will get fiberglass fenders so I can keep it as close to the ground as possible and possibly a supercharger (I dout though).
Either way the rear axle will get stepped out for something stronger, front and rear lockers, and it will get skids for whatever parts need it. Those are the main plans. Lots of plans and they'll get done eventually.
Been thinkin' the exact same thing for a front bumper. Damn good list!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #11

Bump
Updated