LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The ToyComa Build, Slow But fun!

Old 05-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
The ToyComa Build, Slow But fun!

[WARNING]
Viewing of this thread may cause a dangerous infection known as a "Modificationus bacteria" common Symptoms include but are not limited to Impulse purchases of unneeded aftermarket parts for your Tacoma, It may cause you to shift your priorities that were once thought to be "important" to the bottom of the list, You may also inadvertently frustrate the ones around you, Especially but once again not limited to: Your wife, Girlfriend, Mother, Father, Jealous Friends, Jealous Sons and daughters and quite possibly other relatives. This infection can be spread easily, and may result in very unfortunate circumstances where you can no longer to afford to fuel your overly modified Tacoma. Also this thread will be used to whore out my own truck so if you dont like looking at a sexy 4x4 double cab 2nd gen Tacoma... Then what the fuck are you doing here in the first place?!

LETS START

Well guys ive decided to start a build thread, Im kind of afraid i wont have enough pictures to really get a good thread but i shall try!

Its a 2006 Tacoma Double cab TRD sport with 4x4, Bought at 96k and now has 115K almost, I LOVE MY TRUCK!

Bought the lanyard before i even bought the truck! I knew i was going to get that truck as soon as i saw it!

I just bought her! September 10th 2011.

She came with Heated leather Katzskins, and debadged.

First thing was tires!

265/75/17R BFgoodrich all terrain TA KOs

Took her for some offroading, Just to see how she does stock.

My grandpas truck! Totally what made me want a tacoma!

Blacked out the wheels and washed and waxed!

Got an UltraGauge

The best part, 3" LIFT!!!! Bilsteins all around with an 2" Deaver AAL in back.

Blacked out the tail lights and painted the emblem in front Barcelona Red.

How it sits today!

Washed and dried/waxed polished her real good before High County 4x4 Open House on May 19th 2012.

Go ahead do whatever you want with my plate.

Took her to the track! Sponsored by Colorado State Patrol at Bandimere Speedway

Ran a 17.0 on my second run! Hell yah!

How it sits today after getting a new grill, The original one was smashed out by some asshole.

Future Mods

Note all this is for the long run, After all this is done, whenever that is, i will consider my truck done for big modifications. Am for sure not SAS or LTing my truck, And not gonna supercharge it.
Demello Three Hoop Front Bumper
Demello X-wing dominator Sliders
Relentless High Clearance Rear Bumper
King Coilover 2.5s
Total Chaos UCAs
King Resi rears
Front ARB Air Locker
Rear ARB Air Locker
3.56 or 4.11 Gearing
Dual ARB air compressor
33" BFGoodrich Tires
Ballistic Jester Wheels
Satoshi Raptor Style Grill
Black Diamond plate bedrails from Relentless as well
Old 05-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
badphish14 will become famous soon enoughbadphish14 will become famous soon enough

Firefighter:
Name: Mike
badphish14's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good man
Old 05-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by badphish14 View Post
Looking good man
Thank you sir!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
Diggin' it man...coming along nicely!
I feel like ive done nothing to it, But the wallet says so much different! haha
Old 05-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #6
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
looks good! are they really 265/75 ? or are they 265/70 ?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
looks good! are they really 265/75 ? or are they 265/70 ?
I went up to a 75. I wanted a little taller/skinner tire.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:52 AM   #8

UPDATE! BUMP CHECK IT OUT!
Old 05-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #9

Went to open house and got a couple quotes, Heard nothing but good things about addicted off road! Looking at sliders, and spidertrax wheel spacers!
Old 06-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #10

Added my timeslip from the last Take It To The Track at Bandimere that is sponsored by the great Colorado State Patrol
Old 07-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #11

Well, Hit 120,000 miles on her... Time to do some maintanance, See what the belts look like, Do an oil and tranny fluid change... Probably do the diffs and also have my tires rotated.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:46 AM   #12

Went on a trip to Kenosha pass with my buddy chris who just happened to get a new jeep First day out for his rig. Kenosha is really set up right now!

Didnt even know he was taking pictures, I do not normally have my pants down this low, I promise im not that bro'ed out normally. HAHA I look like a freaking retard!

Some Trail damage, Slid into a freaking stump and nailed the rear bumper and then on the way home i freaking hit a cone not paying attention! Ugh i really gotta use the remote on my 7" Monitor instead of using the touchscreen!

I will post some more pictures and videos once i get my video cam out the truck, These are just the photos off my buddies cell.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #13
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
U say 3" lift...................what did ya go with and how's it ride?

Ok, actually u put 3' of lift, but I get whatcha meant
Old 04-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #14

Billy 5100s all around, Toytec/eibach 2" coils and an AAL in the rear. The ride isnt bad at all for the billys being cranked, No huge difference in ride quality, Little harsh on bumps though but its calmed down with a couple 100 miles.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #15
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Billy 5100s all around, Toytec/eibach 2" coils and an AAL in the rear. The ride isnt bad at all for the billys being cranked, No huge difference in ride quality, Little harsh on bumps though but its calmed down with a couple 100 miles.
Gotcha......I assume u only put the 5100s at 0.85 right?
That's the benefit of linear coils I suppose... they take preloading "better" than progressive.

Btw, the toytecs/eibachs 620's are rated at 1.6" not 2.

As for any harshness, I know that the faster (within reason) I hit something, the smoother it is compared to slowly going over.
I assume that's due to digressive valving.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #16

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
And yeah......be careful with the radio......it can cause accidents. I know I miss buttons sometimes but its easier than looking away from the road, and I've seen what can happen even driving slowly.

Keep it shiny side up!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #17

Replacing the grill, Looks like its gonna have a 2011 grill on it now, Some asshole ran his cart into my grill and shattered the black pieces. Now i gotta get my rear bumper, Relentless HC baby!
Old 05-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #18

Threw up a new picture, Most recent photo of the truck. Shes coming along
Old 05-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #19

Not sure if im content with the emblem colors. Anybody have any good ideas on what to do with my extra toyota emblem?
Old 05-25-2013, 11:57 PM   #20

Threw up a checklist for future mods, Cant wait to start checking some shit off.