Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Need ideas and pictures to strengthen up front end.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
THE NASTY is on a distinguished road

Army: Team Leader, A TRP 3-61CAV
Name: Zack
THE NASTY's Tacoma Gallery
Need ideas and pictures to strengthen up front end.

I am a newbie to this site still and trying to get info and ideas to strengthen up the front end a bit. Would like to make it damn near bullet proof. I'm not extremely rough wihh my truck but prefer to get it done right so I don't have to go over it and fix it in the future. I have the TC L/T kit in the front with the coilovers and bypass shocks out front with the spindle gussets and a tube bumper out front. Besides that, there hasn't been any other work up front. I have ideas of where I was to gusset up front but not sure where exactly to place them. These are places to start but need pics before I can take to shop.
- LCAs and UCAs mounting points
- smarter to bolt or jus weld front tube bumper?
- shock tower across top of engine (bolt or weld?)
- and any ideas of ways to armor up rear dif without welding?

I know my information is not very specific but pix and explanations will help a lot. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
BAMF (Bay Area Metal Fab) makes a bolt on rear diff skid plate that looks pretty beefy. No welding.

As far as the front, I'm not LT so I can't speak to it but personally I'd keep the bumper bolt on. If you ever mess it up, you can remove and replace or remove and fix much easier than if it's welded in place.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
THE NASTY is on a distinguished road

Army: Team Leader, A TRP 3-61CAV
Name: Zack
THE NASTY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
BAMF (Bay Area Metal Fab) makes a bolt on rear diff skid plate that looks pretty beefy. No welding.

As far as the front, I'm not LT so I can't speak to it but personally I'd keep the bumper bolt on. If you ever mess it up, you can remove and replace or remove and fix much easier than if it's welded in place.
Thanks. It looks pretty good. ill have to look into it more and see how it handles a hit. I'm jot expecting to hit it a lot. It's more a safe then sorry thing. Thank u.