1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need ideas and pictures to strengthen up front end.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by THE NASTY, May 24, 2012.

1. May 24, 2012 at 5:53 AM
    THE NASTY

THE NASTY [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Fort Carson, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma
    Total Chaos L/T kit, Fiberglass Unlimited bedsides and fenders, Custom front bumper, AFE intake, and MagnaFlow exhaust.
    I am a newbie to this site still and trying to get info and ideas to strengthen up the front end a bit. Would like to make it damn near bullet proof. I'm not extremely rough wihh my truck but prefer to get it done right so I don't have to go over it and fix it in the future. I have the TC L/T kit in the front with the coilovers and bypass shocks out front with the spindle gussets and a tube bumper out front. Besides that, there hasn't been any other work up front. I have ideas of where I was to gusset up front but not sure where exactly to place them. These are places to start but need pics before I can take to shop.
    - LCAs and UCAs mounting points
    - smarter to bolt or jus weld front tube bumper?
    - shock tower across top of engine (bolt or weld?)
    - and any ideas of ways to armor up rear dif without welding?

I know my information is not very specific but pix and explanations will help a lot. Thanks.

2. May 24, 2012 at 6:10 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    BAMF (Bay Area Metal Fab) makes a bolt on rear diff skid plate that looks pretty beefy. No welding.

As far as the front, I'm not LT so I can't speak to it but personally I'd keep the bumper bolt on. If you ever mess it up, you can remove and replace or remove and fix much easier than if it's welded in place.

3. May 24, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    THE NASTY

THE NASTY [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Fort Carson, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma
    Total Chaos L/T kit, Fiberglass Unlimited bedsides and fenders, Custom front bumper, AFE intake, and MagnaFlow exhaust.
    Thanks. It looks pretty good. ill have to look into it more and see how it handles a hit. I'm jot expecting to hit it a lot. It's more a safe then sorry thing. Thank u.

Products Discussed in

To Top