Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TX RPO's Build thread

Old 04-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #41
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Nice
Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #43
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrom32 View Post
Where did you get the bedside decals?
I got them from a local Vinyl guy i've been going to for years.. BCE designs If you need something, let me know.. I'll talk to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpop8807 View Post
Dude that is a bad ass truck. Is that just like a lift or is that a certain travel suspension?
The front is stock travel coilovers but I have the lift spindles... The rear is a custom 5" leaf pack and of course the extended rear shocks... 12"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsik View Post
lookin siiiick brother. Nice work.

How far do the fenders stick out vs stock.
These are a 4" flare and 3" rise..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoShredsn View Post
Sick build man, I really like the custom shock mounts. Can't wait to add the Deavers to my build!
Sick dude... you get that bushing issue figured out? Those things came out of my truck then straight to the garage then straight to you LOL
Old 04-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #44
Dezert Shredder
TacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoShredsn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TacoShredsn
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX RPO View Post
Sick dude... you get that bushing issue figured out? Those things came out of my truck then straight to the garage then straight to you LOL
Yeah, it was really strange to find that those springs had a mismatched bushing on them. It was a brand new bushing so it had to have been replaced at some point. It was smaller than the stock bolt. Maybe something your installer did?

We figured something out but we had to take a bushing from another aftermarket shackle and shave down some metal. Luckily, my fabricator guy was able to make me a custom bushing. It was extra work, but we got them on and they ride nicely!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #45
TRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JP
TRDtexasTaco's Tacoma Gallery
So are you running the 14" shocks?
Old 05-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #46
FatRabbit is on a distinguished road
FatRabbit's Tacoma Gallery
any straight on photos of your truck?
Old 05-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #48
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any pics of the front or rear stance? How do the 315 tires do with the 7.5" wide rims ?
Old 05-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #49
Patmac has a spectacular aura aboutPatmac has a spectacular aura about

Name: Pat
Patmac's Tacoma Gallery
sick truck! fenders look awesome!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #50
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking of using B.A.M.F.'s rear shock relocation kit to do my rear LT. You put Custom 5" Deaver leaf pack, that seems like a lot of lift, how much lift are you running up front? And I also see you are running just smooth body shocks with resi, do you think you would upgrade to a bypass shock later on or would these do the job? Also did you do anything else to the rear set up, shackles, relocate front spring hangers?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #51
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
So how big is your lift? That looks awesome! Those tires look massive
Old 06-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #52
RubberTank is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
RubberTank's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is awesome!

Just wondering what your front lift is at and if you have and rub with those tires and fenders?

I'm going for a similar setup
Old 09-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #53
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by araizu1 View Post
Is there any way where to but the "TX Pro" decals? i would like to add that to my truck but not even the dealer sell those.
Severely doubt it
Old 09-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #54
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Shane--Questions for you--we have similar setups with the exception of you 5" leaf pack, the fiberglass replacement parts, and the shock relocation. Did you have to trim anywhere to accomodate the 315s? I'm thinking with fiberglass and a similar rear suspension setup I could make the jump as well...Nice rig btw

EDIT: looks like you changed out your spindles too--what size do you have on there?
Old 09-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #55
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the comments guys! Sorry for the extremely late response to many but I haven't been on the site for a little while. The rear shocks are actually 12" shocks as the 14's I was going to be running ended up being too long.

As for my rear setup, It's the BAMF shock relocation buckets modified for the 2.5" Kings, the Deaver pack is custom 5" lift because i'm running the lift spindles in the front and I didn't want the back squatting a whole lot.

The tires in the front do rub on the cab mount (I did do the chop) but might need to cut it back a little more. It also rubs on the driver side fiberglass bumper cap but not by much.

And the tires are 315/75/16

If you guys have any other questions, let me know!

SHane
Old 09-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #56
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
nice bumper
Old 09-13-2013, 02:12 AM   #57
Dog slave

Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still a little confused about the spindles. When I look at the Maxtrac site everything listed is 2WD. Your truck is TX PRO TRD Offroad 4X4 isn't it? If not then I guess I wasn't aware of 2WD TX models
Old 09-13-2013, 03:56 AM   #58
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik65 View Post
I'm still a little confused about the spindles. When I look at the Maxtrac site everything listed is 2WD. Your truck is TX PRO TRD Offroad 4X4 isn't it? If not then I guess I wasn't aware of 2WD TX models
His truck is 2wd
Old 09-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #59
Desert Warrior

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
His truck is 2wd
sho iz!!
Old 09-18-2013, 12:23 AM   #60
Dog slave

Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
OK well that's an eye opener, thought all the TXs were 4Xs