Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The" Little Red Truck" build

Old 06-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #21
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
I used sandpaper to roughen up the grill.
Wiped it down with rubbing alcohol.
Sprayed it down with a primer.
Sanded the primer and resprayed.
Bought the rattle 3R3 paint online( sidenote)

I did mine outside, and was too humid. I advise that you have a cool place to prime and spray, I used a red primer. That way if it gets scratched it will not be as visible.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #22
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Some of the other Mods that I have done to the truck are as follows:

I installed some Bed lights. (Walmart Specials)

I removed the trailer pig tail and placed it in the bumper.
I removed a tag light and stuffed it in there. You only need one light on the plate.

I will post pics when I find the camera cord..
Old 07-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #23
Um, I don't have a "member"
Cheehoo is on a distinguished road

Name: Angela
Cheehoo's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. I did the walmart special too for my bed lights. Can't really beat the price.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #24

Ten More Horsepower.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #25
Gamecock Tacos
jeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
jeremy1ns's Tacoma Gallery
Love the red toyota emblem man
Old 07-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #26
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
if you flip those bed lights and hang them you'll get better light out of them. I did the same thing in my last truck.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #27
FourBanger11 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
FourBanger11's Tacoma Gallery
one do u have any plans or dimensions for that headache rack it looks really nice id like to build one and two where can i get that trd sticker that has the md state flag integrated into it. i live in md to and wouldnt mind getting one.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBanger11 View Post
one do u have any plans or dimensions for that headache rack it looks really nice id like to build one and two where can i get that trd sticker that has the md state flag integrated into it. i live in md to and wouldnt mind getting one.

The Headache rack is top secret.. ( littledvl) Built it.. You would have to ask him.. i just bought it. The stickers are over in the MD thread..Steve gets them from somewhere.. Just jump over to the Forum list and choose NorthEast youll see a MD thread there..
Old 10-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #29

Just a few updates on the Taco.

I removed the Cb and Installed it in the Console. Passengers are rough on the unit being mounted on the side of the seat (My wife).

Touched up the engine compartment, a few coats of fresh red paint.

I removed the bull bar because I am Wanting to put a KC light bar on the front. With four HIDS'.

A few pics.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #30
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post

Mod 9( Grill blackout)

EDIT - I'm a douche.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:07 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
What in the hell were you thinking with that extra emblem and Tacoma on the grille surround?

It is commonly known as CUSTOMIZING the truck to my liking. WTF is wrong with you? The effect I was looking for was something like a 3d badge.

As far as the grill, I was just experimenting with placement of the emblem.
I hope this answers your inquiry!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #32
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
It is commonly known as CUSTOMIZING the truck to my liking. WTF is wrong with you? The effect I was looking for was something like a 3d badge.

As far as the grill, I was just experimenting with placement of the emblem.
I hope this answers your inquiry!
EDIT - I'm a douche.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #33

Today I decided to paint the Rims Black.
Before paint

And after Paint:
I like it..

Old 10-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #34
Christ Follower
RadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
RadRed06's Tacoma Gallery
I like it, much different from other builds in a lot of ways. Some may not like all of your ideas but its your truck and I give you props for trying different things
Old 10-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #35

Thanks for the comment. I am not a fan of " going with the fads."
Old 11-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #36

Today I removed the black bumper and cleaned it up!

Much better look.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #37

This Photobucket crap . I can not load big pics.

A few thumbs.
Attached Thumbnails
The" Little Red Truck" build-010.jpg   The" Little Red Truck" build-009.jpg   The" Little Red Truck" build-019.jpg   The" Little Red Truck" build-021.jpg   The" Little Red Truck" build-022.jpg  

Old 12-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #38

Not the best picture.
Attached Thumbnails
The" Little Red Truck" build-001.jpg  
Old 12-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #39

I decided today the Red Hub Caps had to go. They just did not look right.
I sprayed them flat black, they look much better. I will post a picture in the morn.
Merry Christmas Everyone.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #40
Leonel is on a distinguished road

Leonel's Tacoma Gallery
You need to spray some clear on that grill !!