Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The" Little Red Truck" build

Old 05-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
The" Little Red Truck" build

I guess it about time I started a build thread for my Tacoma.

2011 Barcelona Red AC.

First Mod( This is where it all started)Tint.

Second mod (Flashlight Mod)

Third Mod( Tube Steps) Removed front mud flaps.

Fourth Mod( Pull down Dvd player for the boys) Cordless phones..

Fifth Mod( Push bar and matched emblem)

Sixth Mod( Lights for the push or bull bar).

Switch for lights.

DTRL Mod.

Seventh Mod( New bumper( backed in to the trailer).

Replaced the cracked tailights.

I then purchased a 3" lift then sold it. I want more than 3 inches. So I Wait...

Mod 8( I debadged the truck)

I then added a little color under the hood.

Mod 9( Grill blackout)

Mod 10( Had Eric build me a headache rack)
And Installed the Led Back up lights along with Antenna for CB.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
OhYeah is on a distinguished road
OhYeah's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like Radiant Red paint. ?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
OhYeah is on a distinguished road
OhYeah's Tacoma Gallery
maybe its just the pictures.. i duno
Old 06-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not Radiant Red.. Camera sucks.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
Banned
evh5150 will become famous soon enough
Name: Eddie
evh5150's Tacoma Gallery
Looks okay. Don't like the ghetto look of the tail lights. Get rid of the bull or push bar whatever you call it. I had one and a small hit up front caused a lot more damage than it should without it on. And save up for a new color matched grill. To me it looks very cheesy and fake. Not downing your truck, just throwing out ideas
Old 06-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
Um, I don't have a "member"
Cheehoo is on a distinguished road

Name: Angela
Cheehoo's Tacoma Gallery
I kinda like it, red isn't my fave color on vehicles but... I like the push bar and new bumper. Especially love the dual colors on the logo on the grill. I think it looks awesome for making it yours.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by evh5150 View Post
Looks okay. Don't like the ghetto look of the tail lights. Get rid of the bull or push bar whatever you call it. I had one and a small hit up front caused a lot more damage than it should without it on. And save up for a new color matched grill. To me it looks very cheesy and fake. Not downing your truck, just throwing out ideas
I dont see ghetto anywhere on the truck! I have thought of changing the
bull bar for a nice four tab light bar. As far as damadge to the truck from the bull bar,that is why I have insurance . I painted the grill black in order to balance out the truck. I have a black bumber in the rear and needed to balance the front with some black. But thanks ..
Old 06-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #8

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheehoo View Post
I kinda like it, red isn't my fave color on vehicles but... I like the push bar and new bumper. Especially love the dual colors on the logo on the grill. I think it looks awesome for making it yours.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #9

I changed out the Taillights. Bought them for 35.00 off Ebay. Came of a 09.

Much cleaner look. Than the peeling spray..

This was the first attempt. Epic Failure. Not Sure why but had to sand and scrape it all off. What a pain in the ass.

Second Attempt.

Final Outcome. Need to paint the triangles black tomorrow. Crappy picture..

Old 06-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #10

Cheehoo's Tacoma Gallery
Did you not like the tinted look of the other tails?
Old 06-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #11

I liked the look , they were starting to peel really bad on the drivers side, and when I bought them from a member here he did not tell me that they were cracked. Shady fellow he is..They didnt leak but close up you could tell on the drivers side. I will probably black these out.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #12

Cheehoo's Tacoma Gallery
are the new ones oem? I'm going back and forth between leaving my stock rears on, or changing them. I think I'm going to put some projection headlights on next weekend, actually buying them from another board member after seeing them in person, but i don't know if I should change the tails... i kinda like the oem ones.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #13
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Paint dat bumper red yo...and get rid of the steelies. I despise the look of steel wheels. I had them on my truck.

Not hating on yours though.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #14

I am not a fan of the steelies. I have a dream set of black DC rims I want to buy. I am buying a new house so now the monies to play are going to closing costs. I am going to have the bumper painted. I would love to a Brute Force color matched..
Old 06-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheehoo View Post
are the new ones oem? I'm going back and forth between leaving my stock rears on, or changing them. I think I'm going to put some projection headlights on next weekend, actually buying them from another board member after seeing them in person, but i don't know if I should change the tails... i kinda like the oem ones.
The tails came off a 09 . I crunched the factory leds tails that were on the truck when I backed in to a Military trailer. I am not a fan of the LED's. Looks to " ricey."
Old 06-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #16

Took the Fog lights off and decided to modify them.

Will get picture of install tomorrow.. I have three coats of each applied to
the lights. Sorry for the horrible pictures. More to come..
Old 06-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #19

Thanks Tom. I am limited as to what I can do. I have a few hand tools but the
rest are in storage. So I have bought a few new tools just to play with the truck.
It is relaxing to Work on the truck. It was a simple remove and spray job. It does make
a big difference in the look of the truck.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #20
ekapec is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
ekapec's Tacoma Gallery
What paint/process did you use to color match the emblem and the grill, I have a little red truck as well and dig the look! nice truck!!