1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Taco-NB's Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Taco-NB, May 30, 2012.

1. May 30, 2012 at 6:48 PM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB [OP] MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    I've done quite a bit to my truck so I'm gonna do a build thread.

Right now I have a set of rear 5100's, a new front grill, a HomerTaco insert, 6.5" speakers (waiting for the ********* adapters to arrive), and Devil Horns sitting in the garage. I've had NO time to work on them because I've been too busy with my new company. And now I gotta go out of town this weekend!! Oh well ...... maybe I'll start working on my build thread during the evenings this weekend while I'm away.

So far I installed 5100's front, AAL rear (5th leaf), 285 BFG AT's, Moto Metal 950's, tonneau cover, weathertech's, rearview mirror and backup camera, pop-n-lock, ReadLine hood struts, fog lights with switch etc, custom mud flaps, n-fabs, new head unit, sub, and I know I must be forgetting something!

Here is a pic before the new mud flaps.

Cheers.

e8a23ece_67b57fa44491c62607331e13d2afeb36aacf973f.jpg

2. May 31, 2012 at 7:14 PM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    Nice man...will be looking for more pics! :thumbsup:

3. Jun 4, 2012 at 2:44 PM
    TacomaMatt

TacomaMatt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 TRD OR AC 4.0L
    5100s x4; Front @ 2.5 & 1.5" AAL, Truxedo Lo Pro, WeatherTech window deflectors & floor mats
    Looks good dude! What did you set the 5100s up front at?

4. Jun 5, 2012 at 6:53 PM
    Taco-NB

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    They are set at 2.5"

5. Jun 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM
    Taco-NB

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    I got the ********* adapters in the mail this week. Just installed them with my new MTX TDX65 6.5 inch speakers. Holly crap it sounds great! I installed a new JVC X50BT head until around 7 weeks ago and it sounded better than stock. The new unit has a max volume number of 30 and I could only go to 21 before the stock speakers would begin to distort. Now I can go to the max volume and there is no distortion! I'm sure the new speakers could pump even more volume if I got an amp but it's more than loud enough for me. Much better mid range as well. One of the nicest mods I've done so far. The install took around 30min including mounting the speakers in the ********* adapters. :D Save yourself time and hassle and order the speaker adapters and the screw kit. Plug and play!!!

The stock speakers have a tiny magnet and are feather light. The sound that came out of them is actually pretty amazing given their size.

I'm thinking about putting a set of 6x9's in the back in boxes. It would sound MUCH better than the crappy speakers that are in the headliner!!

Products Discussed in

To Top