Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Taco-NB's Build

Old 05-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Taco-NB's Build

I've done quite a bit to my truck so I'm gonna do a build thread.

Right now I have a set of rear 5100's, a new front grill, a HomerTaco insert, 6.5" speakers (waiting for the TacoTunes adapters to arrive), and Devil Horns sitting in the garage. I've had NO time to work on them because I've been too busy with my new company. And now I gotta go out of town this weekend!! Oh well ...... maybe I'll start working on my build thread during the evenings this weekend while I'm away.

So far I installed 5100's front, AAL rear (5th leaf), 285 BFG AT's, Moto Metal 950's, tonneau cover, weathertech's, rearview mirror and backup camera, pop-n-lock, ReadLine hood struts, fog lights with switch etc, custom mud flaps, n-fabs, new head unit, sub, and I know I must be forgetting something!

Here is a pic before the new mud flaps.

Cheers.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
TacomaMatt is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
TacomaMatt's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good dude! What did you set the 5100s up front at?
Old 06-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaMatt View Post
Looks good dude! What did you set the 5100s up front at?
They are set at 2.5"
Old 06-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
I got the TacoTunes adapters in the mail this week. Just installed them with my new MTX TDX65 6.5 inch speakers. Holly crap it sounds great! I installed a new JVC X50BT head until around 7 weeks ago and it sounded better than stock. The new unit has a max volume number of 30 and I could only go to 21 before the stock speakers would begin to distort. Now I can go to the max volume and there is no distortion! I'm sure the new speakers could pump even more volume if I got an amp but it's more than loud enough for me. Much better mid range as well. One of the nicest mods I've done so far. The install took around 30min including mounting the speakers in the TacoTunes adapters. Save yourself time and hassle and order the speaker adapters and the screw kit. Plug and play!!!

The stock speakers have a tiny magnet and are feather light. The sound that came out of them is actually pretty amazing given their size.

I'm thinking about putting a set of 6x9's in the back in boxes. It would sound MUCH better than the crappy speakers that are in the headliner!!