Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Mountain Man Limousine-NativeTaco's Build

Old 05-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #241
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto27 View Post
c'mon man!!!

looks good though. superb execution good sir.
Now gotta start drawing up the matching rear bumper
Old 05-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #242
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
Now gotta start drawing up the matching rear bumper
do eeeettttt!!! don't worry, i'll tell you if it sucks or not........i mean help. yeah, help that's what i meant

got my rear bumper painted finally and a little support added.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #243
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
do eeeettttt!!! don't worry, i'll tell you if it sucks or not........i mean help. yeah, help that's what i meant

got my rear bumper painted finally and a little support added.
I know you will and I am glad I have your excellent opinions... Usually. where did the support go? Hitch?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #245
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know you will and I am glad I have your excellent opinions... Usually. where did the support go? Hitch?
yeah. 1/2" triangle piece from the hitch to the top tube. didn't go too crazy but it will give me a little piece of mind towing anything with it. i've heard of people towing 3000lbs with it the way it is and no problems, but this just makes me feel better about it.

i'll put some pics in my build once the paint dries and actually get the damn thing mounted
Old 05-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #246

Quote:
yeah. 1/2" triangle piece from the hitch to the top tube. didn't go too crazy but it will give me a little piece of mind towing anything with it. i've heard of people towing 3000lbs with it the way it is and no problems, but this just makes me feel better about it.

i'll put some pics in my build once the paint dries and actually get the damn thing mounted
I gotta do the same thing with my front bumper before I get a winch to put in that hitch receiver
Old 05-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS78 View Post
Those sliders look stout Travis, great work!!!
Thanks man, they turned out well I think
Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #248
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I gotta do the same thing with my front bumper before I get a winch to put in that hitch receiver
well let me know if you need to use a welder that doesn't trip the breaker constantly
Old 05-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #249

Quote:
well let me know if you need to use a welder that doesn't trip the breaker constantly
Turns out it was tripping the breaker cuz the one we were using at first had a 10-amp breaker and we thought it had a 20. When we switched it to a 20 it worked much better.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #252

Thanks gentlemen!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #253

FedEx came today
Mountain Man Limousine-NativeTaco's Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368051304.404968.jpg
Old 05-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #254
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. Had to put that coupon to good use.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #255

Started finishing the sliders. Next time I will paint all I can before welding any part on the truck. Painting while this close to the cab sucks and it was only grey primer. The black paint will be everywhere. I will have to just spend lots of time masking.
Mountain Man Limousine-NativeTaco's Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368320037.304408.jpg
Old 05-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #256
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Started finishing the sliders. Next time I will paint all I can before welding any part on the truck. Painting while this close to the cab sucks and it was only grey primer. The black paint will be everywhere. I will have to just spend lots of time masking.
Attachment 212001
Just hold a piece of cardboard behind wherever you are painting and throw it away when done. Thats how Jace and I did it. Much easier.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Just hold a piece of cardboard behind wherever you are painting and throw it away when done. Thats how Jace and I did it. Much easier.
That's what I did but there are still a few really right spots that ate tough even with that. I did get that idea from you though. It was great for 95% if it!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #258
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
you can use my method....
Old 05-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #259

Quote:
you can use my method....
Classy, but that's pretty much what I had planned.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #260
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
FedEx came today
Attachment 211457
nice. all good stuff. I use the inflator everytime I wheel, I have the arb plug kit and have used it atleast 5 times, I just got my 2nd trasharoo (lost the first one when my spare tire ditched me during some night wheeling a month ago) and I have quick fists to hold my shovel and axe in my bed