Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Mountain Man Limousine-NativeTaco's Build

Old 05-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #281
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenChileTaco View Post
Man, those have to be the best looking decals that aren't the original TRD ones I've seen on TW. The fact that it says Rocky Mountain Expedition is awesome! Where did you pick those up?

How was the seven mile run yesterday?
A member on here did them for me custom. I TD him what I wanted, went through several iterations and came up with that. His name is teamhypoxia and I traded him some add a leafs for them!
Thanks for the compliment.

Sevenmile was great. Getting rougher every time I go up
Mountain Man Limousine-NativeTaco's Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1369008536.737574.jpg
Mountain Man Limousine-NativeTaco's Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1369008548.987044.jpgMountain Man Limousine-NativeTaco's Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1369008564.853706.jpg
Old 05-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #282
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
Your simple wisdom is astounding.
I thought you were being serious , must have missed something der
Old 05-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #283
We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
just look at that flexy tire!

test out the sliders up there?
Old 05-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #284
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I thought you were being serious , must have missed something der
I was, I have just been too lazy to get that done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto27 View Post
just look at that flexy tire!

test out the sliders up there?
Yes sir, held up great! see more photos on the trip reports thread
Old 05-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #285

Yeah I aired down to about 15psi and the tire flexed that much, even with them being E rated. Hope I didn't go down too low. I didn't get any slices or anything though
Old 05-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Nonsense. I go to 10-12 now on C rated tires.

Was on 8 last weekend.
Yeah but look at them. There is a better pic of how much the sidewall mashed down on the CO trip reports thread.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Looks normal to me since your turning. Wheel is being forced to the passenger side..if that makes sense..so it's being pushing down on..but also across.
Good point, it felt good. Lost a bunch of clearance but since I finally had both skids and sliders it was no biggie
Old 05-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #290

Got one side on but has lots of bubbles big stickers like this are so hard to put on. Hopefully the other side will go better!
Mountain Man Limousine-NativeTaco's Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1369511422.141363.jpg
Old 05-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #291

Drivers side
Mountain Man Limousine-NativeTaco's Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1369525058.700119.jpg
Old 05-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #292
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
The stickers definitely look good in the pictures.

If the bubbles are small, you could try hitting them with a heat gun (sparingly) or your wife's hair dryer. The sun may even take care of them for you.

Worst case scenario, we make you another one and try again.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenChileTaco View Post
I think those decals are sweet!
Thanks. They were hard to apply to where there were No bubbles but they look great from a short distance. I will give the Moab sun a chance to bake some of the bubbles out and see what I want to do after that. I think they loom cool too. Thanks Eric for talking my idea and making it happen.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #294
NCTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Caleb
NCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks. They were hard to apply to where there were No bubbles but they look great from a short distance. I will give the Moab sun a chance to bake some of the bubbles out and see what I want to do after that. I think they loom cool too. Thanks Eric for talking my idea and making it happen.

Where are the decals from? They look great by the way, whole truck looks great.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:33 AM   #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTacoma View Post
Where are the decals from? They look great by the way, whole truck looks great.
Thank you very much. I have had a blast building this truck.
A local guy who does a lot of decal work for moto-x guys made them as a trade for some aal. His username is teamhypoxia but real name is Eric. I urged him to start making decals as a vendor in TW, we'll see if he tries to do that but you could probably pm him to see if he would make you some.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #296
NCTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Caleb
NCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you very much. I have had a blast building this truck.
A local guy who does a lot of decal work for moto-x guys made them as a trade for some aal. His username is teamhypoxia but real name is Eric. I urged him to start making decals as a vendor in TW, we'll see if he tries to do that but you could probably pm him to see if he would make you some.
Will do. Thanks man.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #297

Old 05-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #298
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

One trick I sometimes use when applying tricky decals (especially with compound curves) is water.
It seems weird, but if you spray the surface and/or the sticker liberally with water it doesn't affect the sticky, but it won't stick as much while the water is there. Depending on the sticker, this can let you remove and reapply if necessary (probably not the thin bedside decals as they'd likely tear. When the sticker is in place, you just squeegee out the water and you're golden!
Old 05-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamhypoxia View Post
One trick I sometimes use when applying tricky decals (especially with compound curves) is water.
It seems weird, but if you spray the surface and/or the sticker liberally with water it doesn't affect the sticky, but it won't stick as much while the water is there. Depending on the sticker, this can let you remove and reapply if necessary (probably not the thin bedside decals as they'd likely tear. When the sticker is in place, you just squeegee out the water and you're golden!
I thought about that after, if these get bad over time I will redo them like that. Did you save the file?
Old 05-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #300
MichelinMan

Yep. Save them all