LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Mountain Man Limousine-NativeTaco's Build

Old 05-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #301
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool! It will be an easy reprint if I need to one day.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #302
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quickfist/other stuff Mounts
Didn't have time to fab something more specialized, and these need a few tweaks. Got this galvanized angle steel at a hardware store.

I primed and painted it (waste of time becasue the paint scratched off so easily. Maybe if I had put a clear coat on... Anyway, I used some bolts, rubber and galvanized washers and nuts to put two lengths of the angle material together like so:

I then took off my bed rails and put one side of the angle underneat and reinstalled the bed rails.

I forgot to take a pic with just the quickfists, but I used #10 machine screws with bolts and wingnuts to make them relatively easy to move around as I get different tools.

And here is most of the stuff I need for moab. Since we are't camping, I can save a lot of room for the booze! Might even bring my bike or slackline or something.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #303

Haven't been in here for a while. Will have to post up some pics of the recent shenanigans...
Anyway, truck did a little work today. It's not a lot of weight but I think it was over 1/2 ton and didn't even phase the dakars.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #304

Climbed Mt. Lindsay in the Sangre De Cristo Mtns Last Saturday. Intense.
First View of the summit

Starting to get an idea of the route. Had to climb up to then follow that ridge

My camera is pointed at roughly a 45 degree angle up, to give you an idea of the ascent angle. Steep and loose, jagged granite. THe crevice to the right of the round mound is where I was headed. about 1k feet up.

Getting closer to that crevice now. But decided I didn't want to go that way after all. Got kinda hairy after this shot, but exciting and fun too. Went up to the right to get off the loose rock and before I knew it, I was climbing solid rock that should have had me in a rope and harness. Decided not to fall but to keep going. This is what summiting big mountains is all about.

Decided to take a seat and take a pic towards the I25 corridor

I call this "heartbreak ridge" because I thought it was the summit, but turned out to be a false one. The real one was visible once I got up to the top of this and was about 300yds further on a rotten knife-edge saddle that involved a 50ft downclimb only to gain that plus 100 more on the route to the real summit. Good news was that I came WAY further than that, so it wasn't going to stop me from bagging this peak.

My climbing buddy, Tony, and I on the summit. Everyone has a ceremony at the top. Mine is the Ceremonial Stogie! That is Blanca and Ellingwood in the background.

My buddy has mutant feet and climbs 14ers in Chacos. My feet are way too bitchy to do that. Received lots of "WOWs" and "HOLY SHITs" from fellow summiters.
Back down in the valley, you can see the smoke from the Huerfano fire

Abandoned mining site

The Sangres are such a beautiful range. If they weren't so far from home, I would be there weekly.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #305
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
damn fine work on that peak looks gnarly as fuck!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
damn fine work on that peak looks gnarly as fuck!
Thanks bruddah, it was pretty much balls-to-the-wall! Love the air above 14k...
Old 06-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #307

Stickered the shit out of my truck and toolbox today.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #308
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
where is your band-aid sticker ......
Old 06-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #309

Still looking for one. When I get one I will put it there. Shoulda put that Kane creek one that is on my tailgate on it...
Old 07-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #310

Joey, I am stealing these...again. I looked and I got shit for pictures. I will post the decent ones I got but they are few. Anyway, we had a good time on Crystal and Moody yesterday:

Old 07-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #311
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
no worries. i have a boatload of pics from yesterday, so just let me know if you want the rest
Old 10-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #313

Thought I might just bump my build thread in case any other DCLBs need some inspiration. Not that my truck is inspriational, but I think she does alright for a long-ass rig on the Colorado trails (and in Moab).
Pretty much done with the build now, just a few odds and ends. Fumoto drain valve, GoPro. Been talking to a custom fab shop here in NoCo to see about letting them have the truck for a couple weeks to do a one-off winch bumper that they can use as a prototype for future orders on 2nd gens. Only problem is that we are getting out of motorcycle weather so I won't have a vehicle... 1st world problems.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #314
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
oh reary? one-off eh?

and who might you be talking to? addicted?
Old 10-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #316
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
travis said NOCO so i'm guessing addicted unless it's someone i don't know of.

or he is lying to us and just toying with our emotions.....
Old 10-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto27 View Post
oh reary? one-off eh?

Yep, addicted. It will be pretty similar to the ones they build for 1st gens, but I hope they can make it unique somehow.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto27 View Post
oh reary? one-off eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Good luck. Won't even add fog lights to guys wanting the new 1st gen ones..
Yeah, I got the impression that full-custom work is either out of the question or VERY pricey. I have the advantage of (if I get this going in time) being the first 2nd gen front bumper he has done so I MIGHT get to put in some creative input. been a few weeks since I talked to him so I need to touch base again and see what he is thinking about time frame and price.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #320
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
i take it you ditched the mobile winch mount then? just going to stick it up front in the bumper?

Products Discussed in this Thread