Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Mountain Man Limousine-NativeTaco's Build

Old 06-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #21
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dipping my badges

Getting prepped for super complicated, highly specialized plasti-dipping procedure.

Commence Dipping...

Will update once excess is removed, hopefully I can leave it on overnight, otherwise I will be doing it at 10:30 tonight. In the dark because my garage only holds a corolla...
Old 06-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #22
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I would have just pulled them off and done it. I've not seen it done ON the vehicle before... Hope it all comes of ok.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #23
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Move the corolla
Old 06-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #24
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Man, I would have just pulled them off and done it. I've not seen it done ON the vehicle before... Hope it all comes of ok.

Alot of people do it like that no problems OP will be fine...
Old 06-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #25
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Move the corolla
Yeah but the crap surrounding the corolla makes for not enough room. I'll get her done though
Old 06-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
Yeah your right brett, I'll just move all the crap surrounding the corolla and make enough room.
Fixed
Old 06-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #27

Damn it, you are beginning to sound like my wife. You have a point though. it's on the summer to do list. It's good to be a teacher.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #28

Haha my wife got on to me about out our garage too cleaned it last month now it needs it again
Old 06-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #29

Just taking off the paper got most of the excess off

Ended up looking better than I thought

I really like the texture it gives the badges, although the rubbery texture also collects dirt really easily

All in all it came out good, and it is reversible! I ended up scuffing the SR5 a little, but you would have to get right up to it to see it, so I'm all good for now. Probably the easiest, least significant mod, but at least I stand out a little from the multitude of Tacos around here.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #30

So I was worried that I was making the most boring build thread ever, but I sold some rims that were in my garage and now can get some more useful stuff going. Will probably wait on cosmetic stuff because that shit always gets jacked up on the trail anyway. My lights are too scuffed and cracked to do the BHLM, so shocks coils are on the way. This thread will get more entertaining, I promise.

Chime in with your suggestions for individual parts and or lift kits you have found. I will probably want to replace my leaf springs because mine are sitting flat with the topper on there. Trying to get this stuff done for under $1k without getting crappy parts. See my original post for what I'm looking to do with my truck.
Any thoughts on this?
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Only problem with it is that to get it for around $1100 I have to just do an AAL instead of the Dakar leaf packs
Old 06-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS78 View Post
could always do this kit, its the one i have and it would save you some money to put towards the leaf pack instead of using the AAL option

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72
I want that one but it is way back ordered. I will be going through toy tech because I can avoid shipping costs. I'm looking at the OME kit now, more expensive, but good stuff and not back ordered. Maybe I will try to buy the kit you suggested without the springs then try to find the eibach coil overs on here.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #34

I think any lift I do will void my warranty, and the wife isn't having that... Been some rough conversations over that, but I am wondering if I could fit these bad boys in my fender wells. Looks like a pretty sweet deal. What do you all think? I would almost have to stop blacking stuff out on the truck though...
http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/pts/3059695582.html
Old 06-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #35

Why would it void your warranty? And no you will not be able to fit those without a lift you will destroy your fenders and not be able to turn....

You could also paint them or plastiderp them black
Old 06-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #36

So my truck was purchased used and came with a crazy warranty (cool) but it specifically says that a lift kit will nullify any further coverage (LAME). The wife isn't having any of that, but I did still order some fun stuff that will finally make this thread somewhat interesting.
First, to keep blacking stuff out:

And some weather tech digi fit mats front and back. Went with black, hopefully I like it. Gray would show less dirt and match the cab better, but I think I need to introduce the black in and out... Yikes that sounded kinda dirty.

Got an FJ satoshi front emblem and will try to satosh my own grill. Will do flat black, does anybody know if you can rhino-line a grill and still have it fit?
This is the grill mesh I ordered for my satoshi:

And I HAD to get something that either made me more off-road ready, or more powerful (you know, something we dudes have to do for our sanity) and so I got a good deal from a member on one of these:
Old 06-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #37

When I ordered my rim, the site said it would be shipped on the 19th of this month, but I got an email from jegs saying that they wont be shipped until July 1. :

CAI and mats very soon then doing my own satoshi next week. Have to figure out how to get use of a dremel cuz mine shit the bed.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #38
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man big thanks for mentioning my truck. I'm glad I could inspire you. You're going to love this truck offroad!

Here's a link to my build thread for future reference.

my build thread
Old 06-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #39

Weathertechs in. I like the added black in the cab.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #40

So I finally got up to do some wheelin in the super stocker. It was great! A few scary moments, but came out unscathed! See this link for pics
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...events-34.html
I was surprised at how well she did, especially considering the truck doesn't even have the third tsb spring (was never done by previous owner). Will be doing my satoshi grill this week.
Bad news though, I had to send the rims back, it is hard to find a steel wheel that will fit over the calipers on these trucks, so I will worry about rims later. Found a trd CAI on craigslist close to my house, so I will try to sell the kn I just bought from a member and hopefully be able to get this trd (same as the afe).