Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Mountain Man Limousine-NativeTaco's Build

Old 06-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #62
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that sounds awesome. There is a guy down the street with a pretty BA supra. I finally went to your profile and looked at your truck, it is awesome! Wish I could see more pics.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #64
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got the diff skid put on today! It was hard because the threaded holes on the skid itself didn't quite line up. The wife actually helped too! that was cool. Anyway I just had to get all of the bolts started and then go around the skid, tightening them all just a little bit at a time so that none of the bolts would bind up. That does mean, however that it fits SUPER tight and doesn't seem like it will move at all.

Got my skids PCed for a case of heineken! (sp?)

Had it masked off to try to paint the plate around the lettering silver, but didn't feel like sanding and priming and painting a part that is designed to get jacked up. Plus the black powder coat is cool with me.
Had to file out some of the PC from the brackets, whoever got my beer didn't plug up the holes. (That sounded gross)

Installed

Decided to do the diff breather mod while I was down there and had the truck on ramps.
Notice the excess hose for axle droop

Routed the breather into the rear driver's side cubby

Tomorrow hopefully get the LCA skids on...
Old 06-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Truck is looking good OP

DCLB FTMFW

Thanks man. I love it, its like an off road schoolbus. Watch the videos in post #213 on this thread to see why I (sometimes) love having a longer trail vehicle, less prone to front/back initiated rolls. LT helps too, but I won't see that for awhile.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:48 PM   #67
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
Watch the videos in post #213 on this thread .
Swa?
Old 06-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #68

Sorry I forgot to add the link, its there now.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #70
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
DCLB FTMFW

[/QUOTE]

X2

Well done. She's coming along faster than mine!
Old 07-01-2012, 03:01 AM   #71
JabbaJabbaJabba
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I'm jelly of that diff. skid.. Looks like you're enjoying the truck. Nothin wrong with dclb!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk340 View Post
It looks awesome man and I like your choice of going to the driver's side cubby with the diff breather. Why did you choose it over the gas fill tube area or the cubby next to the electrical outlet? Did you have to torque the skid plate bolts or just "good and tight"?
I went there because I could get to that cubby without having to take out the front cubby and replace 2 sided tape, plus the routing of the tube was simple there. Plus I thought about a shitty gas pump overflowing and getting gas into that breather (this replacement breather is much more free flowing and two-way than the oem one) and I decided it was just as goon in the rear cubby. I don't know if there is any specified torque value that I should have applied to the diff skid, I just got it effing tight!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
I'm jelly of that diff. skid.. Looks like you're enjoying the truck. Nothin wrong with dclb!
Thanks! I do love this truck. The fires here have given me time to get a bunch of work on the truck done. The fire in my area is about done so when I get done with these mods I should be able to go back up and do some wheelin!
Oh and I love the DCLB, nothin wrong with it at all!
Old 07-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
DCLB FTMFW

X2

Well done. She's coming along faster than mine![/QUOTE]

Just keep knocking out cheap mods when you don't have money, that way you are always making progress and you don't get so frustrated with not having money. I am a teacher so money frustration is a part of life, and I'm a mod junky so I have to be doing something or I start looking at my credit cards...
Old 07-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #77

OGot the LCA Skids installed.
Had to cut the stock skid to make room

Installed

I will probably paint my engine cover here pretty soon. Cheap, fun, and something to do. Most of my mods for the near future will be cheap stuff, besides the gas tank fill mod. I start a new job in August but am not being paid until then thank god my wife still puts food on the table
Old 07-08-2012, 05:40 AM   #79

Well you should be safe this time since I already got mine
Old 07-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #80
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Adamo
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Yep Icon racing dynamics. in other words "real nice suspension that hopefully won't break for a long time"
isn't it "Icon Vehicle Dynamics"
icon racing Ive heard is another company... dumb i know