Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Mountain Man Limousine-NativeTaco's Build

Old 10-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #81
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It's been a while sine I posted anything here, but I wanted to put it back to the top so y'all know I'm not dragging ass.
Since my last post I have purchased a full OME lift with 885s, dakar leaf packs, light racing UCAs, extended stainless brake lines, a custom tube front bumper with front hitch receiver and winch plate, and a sweet "prototype" led rock light setup with remote fob activation. I hope to have the bumper repainted and installed this weekend so that when I have the lift, ucas and lines installed next week I can have the alignment done with the extra weight up front so that all is hunky dory for this winter. Then I will just be waiting for the snow to melt again so I can rage all next spring and summer.
Teaching is perfect for camping, backpacking and wheeling. Plus my daughter will be a year old by then and she will be my mountain buddy.
Oh and I'm also excited because the wife and I are going up to look at buying a cabin near red feather lakes here in CO so that we have a getaway that we can rent out to friends, family and TW members when we aren't staying up there.

Life is good!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #82
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wasn't able to do the brake lines, but the installer said that I don't have enough droop to really require them yet. Need some lights for the bumper now and bigger tires.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #83
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Looks wayy tough.

One suggestion, paint black behind the tubular part? That will really make the bumper "pop".
Old 10-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Looks wayy tough.

One suggestion, paint black behind the tubular part? That will really make the bumper "pop".
Thanks dude! She is coming along well now. I am either going to paint that stuff matte black or my brother is talking about cutting some steel to weld in and cover some of that stuff up for me.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Looks great

Add your numbers here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/3612235-post.html
Thanks!
Should I measure now or wait a bit for the springs to settle in?
Old 10-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
Truck looks awesome.
Thanks alot!
Old 10-27-2012, 12:34 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
DCLB OME 4x4 FTMFW BITCHES
^^^ This
Old 10-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #93

Thanks man! You did most of the stuff that a taco needs all at once, and you don't even get to drive it that much, unless that changed at some point. I love your truck and pushed me in the direction I went with mine. I'm still wishing I had your tires. You still saving money for your bumper?
Old 10-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #94
elk340 will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
Name: Justin
elk340's Tacoma Gallery
I've been driving it a lot lately just due to the many hunting seasons I've been participating in. Right now, we're just trying to save money. Hopefully soon we can actually get back to saving money for the bumper. That crawlspace flood set my project back about 9 months! One day I'll have the bumper, sliders, and the rest of the armor, but I don't think that will be anytime soon. Until then, I'll just need to live vicariously through you and watch your build!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #95
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Looks wayy tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
Thanks dude! She is coming along well now. I am either going to paint that stuff matte black or my brother is talking about cutting some steel to weld in and cover some of that stuff up for me.
Yea get some black spray paint that is good on hot surfaces and paint the radiator, then use whatever's left to paint the rest of the silver behind the grille and bumper. Then if you still have some left, paint the pinch weld if you haven't already.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #96
l tacoMAS l is a name known to alll tacoMAS l is a name known to alll tacoMAS l is a name known to alll tacoMAS l is a name known to alll tacoMAS l is a name known to alll tacoMAS l is a name known to all
l tacoMAS l's Tacoma Gallery
New Ft Collins Member...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
Wasn't able to do the brake lines, but the installer said that I don't have enough droop to really require them yet. Need some lights for the bumper now and bigger tires.

Hi Travis.
My name is Marcelo... I'm a recent newcomer to Tacoma World/Tacoma Ownership and just came across your build..
First off, lemme say Nice Truck! Looks like you've done quite a few mods in the time you've had it and now I'm in the position where you first started...looking at TW and drooling over all the potential modifications to enhance my new rig for this wonderful place we call home..
My wife & 2 year old daughter and I recently moved up to Ft Collins (from Colorado Springs) about a year ago and have fallen in love with the town/area. Anyhow, I was wondering if i could contact you via PM or other method to kinda pick your brain about certain mods I'm considering and possibly even meet in person for a future mod day with other TW members in our area??
To date, I've done some basic cosmetic mods to my truck as you can see from my info..and Im Very Excited about receiving the All-Pro sliders and IFS Skid Plate I just ordered in a couple weeks...

Thanks in advance for any knowledge you can share with me & I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully seeing your Truck in person someday..

Marcelo
Old 12-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by l tacoMAS l View Post
Hi Travis.
My name is Marcelo... I'm a recent newcomer to Tacoma World/Tacoma Ownership and just came across your build..
First off, lemme say Nice Truck! Looks like you've done quite a few mods in the time you've had it and now I'm in the position where you first started...looking at TW and drooling over all the potential modifications to enhance my new rig for this wonderful place we call home..
My wife & 2 year old daughter and I recently moved up to Ft Collins (from Colorado Springs) about a year ago and have fallen in love with the town/area. Anyhow, I was wondering if i could contact you via PM or other method to kinda pick your brain about certain mods I'm considering and possibly even meet in person for a future mod day with other TW members in our area??
To date, I've done some basic cosmetic mods to my truck as you can see from my info..and Im Very Excited about receiving the All-Pro sliders and IFS Skid Plate I just ordered in a couple weeks...

Thanks in advance for any knowledge you can share with me & I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully seeing your Truck in person someday..

Marcelo
Of course you can contact me via PM and we can go from there. I lived in the springs for a while and still visit my mom there. There hasn't been a big mod day for a while, but I have met up with a few guys on here from time to time to get work done on our trucks. Good work going with sliders first off, that is my next move, along with a cb and winch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Slider next I hope? Or rear bumper

Looks almost lander ready!
Yeah my brother gave me some money for christmas to go towards steel for my sliders. His welding shop at home is almost ready and we should be able to gets them finished up and welded on in the next month or two. Using google sketch up for the design, but they will be pretty simple so no worries. Not sure what I want to do about a rear bumper, I want to increase clearance without cutting bedsides. Thinking a well-planned tube rear may get me better departure angles without cutting anything serious. I also want to plan for a future swing out portion of it to hold some Jerry cans and my hi lift, and relocate my spare too.

And yes, if lander happens towards the end of the summer, I will be there!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #100

I picked up a shackle hitch and a pair of rigid dually floods. Also got a hi lift and off-road base to go with it.
Christmas money is good. Hoping to also get my sliders and a CB installed with the rest of it. Then maybe duratracs and a winch when tax money comes around...