Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Mountain Man Limousine-NativeTaco's Build

Old 05-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Mountain Man Limousine-NativeTaco's Build

I will try to keep a recent picture of the truck or something I have done to it here:

New bumper, 886s, just trying to get the HC bumper done...

Moody Hill Quarry

Moab

Recent

The Story

I have a cabin in the Northern CO Rockies and will spend most of my time on slightly milder trails en route to lakes and camp sites. That is most of the reason I bought this truck, to take the fam up to remote, beautiful places for camping and fishing. But I do like to go out for day trips where I can push the truck more too.

New to do list:

Final touches to ARB bumper install

Repaint armor

Install rock lights

After really thinking about what I wanted to do first, I started a new list that wouldn't add so much weight to the truck. The lift was a surprise but happened because my beautiful wife was generous, and because I sold my first ever build: an '02 Civic Si with +/-$7k in mods which made it possible to get all the other stuff that comes along with lifting a truck. I also got some rock lights recently. Hope to put those on and post pics in the next couple weeks.

Anyway, the mod list:

Suspension:

OME 886 coils

OME Nitro Charger/90000 shocks

Dakar Leaf Packs

Light Racing UCAs

Body/Armor:

ARE Topper

ARB front bumper

BAMF LCA Skids

BAMF Diff Skid

ATO front, tranny and t-case skids

Mr. Fab (my bro and I) sliders

Mr. Fab HC rear bumper

Accessories/Engine:

ARB CKMA12 Compressor

ARB Rear Locker

Rigid Industries Dually Floods

K&N CAI

Warn m8000

Hi Lift mounted to bed rails

QuickFists with Shovel, Flashlight, tree saw, OR base for HiLift

Ammo can with emergency supplies (needs to be mounted)

Wheels/Tires

16x8 Konig Countersteer Offroads

255/85/16 Bf Goodrich KM2

Full-size spare on factory steel

Etc.

Midland 75-822 portable CB

3' Hustler antenna

Satoshi Grill

Diff breather Mod

Dipped Badges

Custom bedside decals (made by TW member teamhypoxia)

Shackle hitch

Hi lift with OR base

Toyota bed mat

Weathertechs

Tailgate lock

Exhaust trim

Quickfists

Goodrich stainless brake lines (not installed because my OEM lines were on so tight that stripping may have been a problem. Don't really need them yet anyway. Got them through a group buy so I may sit on them, may sell 'em)

Here is how she got started:

She is coming along well, considering I haven't had her for a year yet. By the time school gets out I will have a truck that is ready for a trip to Moab, even if I have to sit out on the more difficult trails. I will definitely be putting her to work in Colorado and Wyoming taking my wife and our baby girl camping next summer. That is most of the reason I bought this truck, to take the fam up to remote, beautiful places for camping and fishing.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Does anybody know where my rims came from (they were on it when I bought it) and what style topper I have? I think its a z-series, but not sure.

here is a better shot of the topper.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
egan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to allegan is a name known to all

Name: Brian
egan's Tacoma Gallery
i believe those are the gulf state wheels.

they come on some models in the southeast
Old 05-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Yes they are the gulf coast rims, do the BHLM is changes the whole look of the truck
Old 05-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
I like beer, I brew beer!
PS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rancher
PS78's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
First off, I am a teacher and so is my wife, we have a new baby too so $$$ is tight (and every time I get a new vehicle I go ape shit wanting mods, so my wife is scared about the new truck) so this build will happen slowly, and may not get too extreme. I hope that taking her wheelin' will show her why the money will be well spent and fun for the family! It should be easier to swallow than the $900 exhaust for my sportbike I was looking at anyway.

Anyway, here are my plans for the summer:
Bilstein 5100 height adjustables
Eibach CoilOvers
Bushings
Toytech AAL
DIY paint grill
Bed Lights
???-insert ideas from peanut gallery here (feel free to send donations to the truck fund

Here is how she is getting started:

When I first got her!

With the topper...

Does anybody know what these wheels came off of? Or are they some cheapo generic rim?
Tint the front windows
cut down the rear mud flaps 4 to 5 inches
oh and buy my smoked front headlights and you will be golden!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #6

PS78- pics of your headlights?
Tony-BHLM? Sorry help a noob out. Black Head Light Mod?
Old 05-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yes Black Head Light Mod

Heres a good How To http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...light-mod.html
Old 05-31-2012, 02:41 PM   #8
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in a similar boat where money is tight so my extra money goes to......savings! Haha so I can do it right the first time and not spend money twice on stuff I'll have to replace later. I plan on having armor all around with a topper and icons all around as well.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #9

Icons?

Damn I'm in for a lot of vocab lessons I have a feeling.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #11

Those lights look pretty solid, did they come smoked?
And they will fit an 08?
$125?
Old 05-31-2012, 03:28 PM   #12

09's-11's head lights came smoked from the factory.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #13
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Yep Icon racing dynamics. in other words "real nice suspension that hopefully won't break for a long time"
Old 05-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #15
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
You could paint your pinch weld...

It's the seam that runs along the bottom of the cab, paint it black for a cleaner look.
search "paint pinch weld" for more info.

If you like black wheels, you can paint or plasti dip them.

paint or plasti dip badges, or debadge.

I trimmed down my antenna, reception is still good, just looks better.

just a few fun cheap and easy ideas.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #16

What would you all use to cut mudflaps? How do you clean up the cut?
Old 05-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #17
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I used scissors, really sharp big scissors, then hand sanded with 60 and 100 grit to clean it up, very easy.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #19

I was just reading around on the forum and was looking at another members leaf pack when they took it out and it looked to have three long leafs leaves whatever and one short one. I looked at the ones on my truck and I only have two longs and the short. Does this mean the previous owner didn't do the leaf spring tsb? If so, will I just want to replace the whole leaf pack? Sounds good to me, but the wife is gonna provide some resistance...