Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Jeverich's Build...Kinda Sorta

Old 12-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #22
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
sweet pics on the overland website. you got more pics of your winch yet?!?!?!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #24
INSTAGRAM: sytfu510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
great looking truck. looking forward to updates.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #25
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
great looking truck. looking forward to updates.
It's getting there..

Never ending.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #26
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverich View Post
It's getting there..

Never ending.
That's the truth.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #27
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
That's the truth.
How are you liking that ARB High Output Compressor? I've got to get one to get the locker operational - was originally thinking C02...but I may be getting into some long expo trips out here.

Did you use the ARB blue nylon air line for the entire length from locker to compressor? I'm thinking about possibly getting a length of hard brake line and flaring air fittings on. Either that, or some 1/8" SS tubing. $$
Old 12-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverich View Post
How are you liking that ARB High Output Compressor? I've got to get one to get the locker operational - was originally thinking C02...but I may be getting into some long expo trips out here.

Did you use the ARB blue nylon air line for the entire length from locker to compressor? I'm thinking about possibly getting a length of hard brake line and flaring air fittings on. Either that, or some 1/8" SS tubing. $$
It's been good, I got the air up kit on it as well. I'm using the blue air line all the way back. Just have to be careful of where it is, as mine was too close to the exhaust and melted it. It's been relocated to the outer side of the frame and wrapped in wire loom since. ( 4wp did the install ) The air up kit works good too, fills up the tires fairly quick. I do have a C02 System now, but I mainly got it to run air tools and such. Although it can fill up tires quickly. So I have options.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #29
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Did you get the arb fogs too?
Old 12-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #30
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome truck! Hope to make it up to Alaska one day.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #31

Update???
Old 01-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #32

Bear with me... there's been a few changes since last I posted up here.

New 4.88 gears

ARB Locker/ARB CKMA12 Compressor

Midland 75-822 CB

OME 886 Coils

Blitzpro LED Fogs
Old 01-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #33

Did a winch rope group buy -

Finally got the locker installed, as well as re-geared to 4.88s front and back...

Wow! What a difference! I no longer have to play with the clutch in traffic, no more struggling up long grades and 4LO with locker engaged is frickin' awesome!

Installed an ARB CKMA12 as well...

Modified the supplied wiring harness a little bit. ARB basically assembled it so an average person could make it work, with no soldering or crimping required. I'm not a fan of cheap unsealed plastic connectors, especially in a 12 Volt 40 Amp power circuit!

Very, Very, Very special $2k rocker switches!

Installed a Midland 75-822, with a 4-Foot Firestik mounted on the rear bed rail. Also, installed a Blue Seas 12 Volt outlet in the center console, to power CB.

Swapped out my OME 884s to 886s.

Did some snow wheeling this past Sunday with a few friends. Mainly in the Mt. Baker/Sumas area..

Just got word that I'm heading to Dutch Harbor for this Friday, so that's it on the mods for a few months at least. Have a set of BAMF Kickout Sliders that should be here by the end of February.

Have quite a few trips planned for the Summer - definitely Hells Canyon/Lower Imnaha (Eastern Oregon)... Possibly a trip to Death Valley as well.

Future mods are going to be:

OME Dakar Rear Leafs
U-Bolt Flip
Remote quick connect, with reserve air tank for compressor
Extended SS Brake Lines
High Clearance/Swing Out rear bumper

My TRS retros have gotten to be totally dim, and just about useless. I think it's due to the fact that I'm running 55 Watt ballasts; which drastically reduce bulb life. Going to downgrade to 35W ballasts and replace the bulbs. Really hope this solves the issue...on my second set of projectors/bulbs. So far, this mod has proven to be more of a pain in the ass..

Stay tuned, TW.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #34

Loyally sub'd bud
Old 01-29-2013, 12:14 AM   #35
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
So....who wants an awesome deal on a set of BAMF kick out sliders? Gonna have an extra set laying around the garage toward the end of feb...

Joking, have fun man.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:29 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHPTR11 View Post
So....who wants an awesome deal on a set of BAMF kick out sliders? Gonna have an extra set laying around the garage toward the end of feb...

Joking, have fun man.
Haha yeah I 'll get home and you'll have a set welded under your bedsides
Old 04-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #37

Did some more solo snow exploration in Mount Baker National Forest today..

Spent about 2 hours winching with a snatch block and extension straps in order to get to a turn around spot. For future reference: wet, Spring snow provides little traction..

Forgot camera, so crappy phone pictures will have to suffice.

Locker and re-gear is flippin' awesome. This truck still amazes me at how capable it is in it's current form.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #38

very nice! Truck has gone through a transformation. I must say the locker was one of my favorite mods. I'm waiting to do my regear. ( still paying it off )
Old 04-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #39

Day Trip

Lady friend and I took a trip up to BC for the last couple of days; spent Wednesday night in Vancouver..

Last time I was in Vancouver was about 4 years ago, for a commercial fishing industry conference. Remembered going to Cardero's right in the Boat Harbour; had to do a repeat. Excellent Black Cod (Sablefish) and Cajun seared Ling Cod. Oh, great beer and an even cuter waitress.

Came back from dinner - took a cab down to what we thought was "downtown", Granville Street, I think. Turns out we ended up smack dab in the middle of the night club district. Picture gaggles of 19 year olds, and enough perfume to be strongly reminiscent of a cheap whore house. Figuratively, of course.

Got discouraged early on - decided to go back to the hotel room and plan the next days adventuring.

Once we finally got out of Vancouver.. BTW - you're road signs suck...

Ventured up to the Hope/Yale area off of the Trans-Canada Highway. Beautiful, beautiful country - and within a three hour's drive of Bellingham!

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Although, forgot my DSLR - so I was forced to using a less than skookum point and shoot.

Mostly fairly tame terrain, could have spent the night out here if I had a RTT and some more basic essentials.

Ventured off on a few side trails that were a little technical, ended coming upon a gated dead end on one of them... Required some interesting turn around techniques, that we both agreed should have been photographed! Glad I've got a High Clearance rear bumper being fabbed up by Billy at BruteForce!

Hope to return again some day, I'm thinking TW mini trail run!

This only confirmed that our trucks are incredible rigs..

Jake

Need that HC Rear Bumper...

Old 04-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #40

Have a set of these waiting to be welded on..

Put a deposit on one of these...