Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Jeverich's Build...Kinda Sorta

Old 04-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #41
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Sooo Sweet but I think u might need a v6 for all that weight. So maybe you should just let me have all that
Old 04-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #42
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh and what fogs did you go with?
Old 04-14-2013, 01:07 AM   #43
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
Sooo Sweet but I think u might need a v6 for all that weight. So maybe you should just let me have all that
I got all the power I need and getting a solid 20 MPG to boot... Haha

Went with the 3LRs from BlitzPro. Pretty awesome for $30/each!!
Old 04-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #44

Nice and how did the fit in the bumper? Oh and still waiting on night shots of the hids and the fogs too
Old 04-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #45
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Nice and how did the fit in the bumper? Oh and still waiting on night shots of the hids and the fogs too
Ehh.. they don't quite fit just right, there is some space around them in the inserts. But, the output is awesome.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #46

Here are a few pictures from the area that I'll be in for the next month - Reedsport, Oregon. Beautiful place, just not too much going on.

Welding on my sliders in a couple of hours with one of the welders from the shipyard; he's got a built FJ40. I'm embarrassed to park my Taco anywhere near it..

Finally got my sliders sand blasted, painted with a zinc based marine primer, and finished with Hammerite.

Managed to find a few logging roads to explore, last one was a little bit of a challenge - yet another reason why I should upgrade to 36s..

Holy chit, that Oregon red clay is slippery stuff. Of course, I didn't bother to air down either - and was running at 45 PSI.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #48

looks good jake, you going to be back up here the first couple weeks of aug?
Old 04-21-2013, 01:33 AM   #49

Quote:
looks good jake, you going to be back up here the first couple weeks of aug?
Everything is kind of up in the air, I might be taking the month off...
Old 04-21-2013, 01:37 AM   #50

Finally got my sliders welded on, will put pictures up when I can. They look good - although, it's going to take a little bit of getting used to the kickout.

It makes my 255s look tiny. Seriously considering going the route of n0rth, and doing 36s...

Next project will be tearing into my retrofitted headlights yet again. The plating on my reflector bowls has peeled off. TRS finally decided that they would send me new bowls, covered under warranty. It wasn't easy...

Then it'll be getting my new HC rear bumper painted and installed. Eventually going to fab up a spare tire carrier.

For now, I'm loving being able to take the truck out for a day of solo exploring - every trip I'm more impressed by how it performs in it's current configuration.

Stay tuned.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:44 AM   #52
Searcher & Lurker
veronatii is on a distinguished road
Name: Spencer
veronatii's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! Love seeing the photos from Washington.. I grew up in Anacortes and spent a lot of time up at Mt Baker.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 AM   #53
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet Rig!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #54

Did some beach driving down in Reedsport this evening after work, and yes - I immediately took the truck to the pressure washer afterwards.

Thinking that paining the frame may be the project for this weekend.. Then hopefully will be bolting up my new rear bumper from Bruteforce Fab.

Seriously contemplating a 2 Meter Radio and the accompanying HAM license; I feel as though I've been pretty lucky thus far with not getting caught with my pants down in a few of these remote areas. Also, swapping out U-Joints and carrier bearing this weekend.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #55

Daaaaaaahhhh I miss beach runs. Dude when I transfer out of here next summer gana hit u up on the way down
Old 04-26-2013, 01:02 AM   #56

Quote:
Daaaaaaahhhh I miss beach runs. Dude when I transfer out of here next summer gana hit u up on the way down
For sure! There's a chance that I might actually be here hahaha!

Have new U-Joints, carrier bearing and a Yaesu FT-2900R 2 Meter all waiting to be installed. Have next week off - hoping to get everything taken car of.

Carrier bearing has been squeaking like a 'sum bitch for the last few months now, although for whatever reason it has stopped ever since a few water crossings I made last weekend. Odd. Since I'll be in that portion of the driveline, figured it'd be a good time to change out u-joints as well. I'll retain the take outs as trail spares.

I've always wanted to get my HAM license, yes - I'm a dork. Had a Sideband and VHFs in my bedroom when I was a little kid. Of course, the microphones mysteriously uh, "disappeared" from all of the radios before I got a hold of them.

Think that I've been really lucky so far with some of the remote areas that I've been exploring over the last month. Literally every single one of them was bereft of cell coverage. No, I'm not expecting the 2 Meter to provide seamless comms - just up my odds of reaching out when I need to. The CB has really discouraged me, still chasing some demons in wiring/SWR as well as it being pretty much useless for anything but hearing banter on channel 6/11.

Hoping that HC rear from Billy shows up around the 15th. I'm getting anxious!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #57
StoopidHead is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Brendan
StoopidHead's Tacoma Gallery
Great pics! putting that pickup to good use.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #58

Started in on my driveshaft project this afternoon, totally spaced that I'm going to need a gear puller to separate the front driveshaft yoke in order to replace the carrier bearing. Hopefully, the auto shop next door has one - will check tomorrow.

Everything went pretty much as planned - although using the BFH/C-Clamp method is kind of a bear. Yes, it works - but a bearing press makes the job much, much faster and easier. Although, flip side it's good experience if I ever need to swap one out in the field. Most of them looked pretty good, probably could have skipped replacement. Since I was going to be in that region already, why not refresh everything?

Kept the best looking one as a spare, cleaned it out and greased it up... it'll go behind the passenger seat.

Pretty certain that I found the source of a few driveline vibes and squeaks... One of the sides of the rear U-Joint looks as though it never received any lubrication. Kind of odd, actually. Seems as though the grease passage way was never thru-drilled direct from the factory.

Used Dana Spicer Part# 5 - 213X

Old 05-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #59

Added this little dandy today..

Wow! Lot's of trimming, fitting and running cabling.. Had to have my Dad drill the hole in the roof, didn't quite have the sack to do it. All I can say is measure four times and cut once. You've only got one shot to make it dead nuts on..

Yeasu FT-1900R, with a Larson 150B 5/8 Wave NMO Mount.

Truly makes CB look like a redheaded stepchild now! Sitting for my ticket on Tuesday in Eugene, OR.

Have a weeping pinion seal, which kind of sucks. New one is sitting in the cup holder.

AMAZING the difference in ride quality and elimination of driveline vibes with the new U-Joints and Carrier Bearing. Wow!!

Old 05-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #60

Nice.