Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Jeverich's Build...Kinda Sorta

Old 05-31-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Jeverich's Build...Kinda Sorta

Alright, like everyone else - figured it was time for me to start chronicling the life of my truck for all to see...

Bought in the Winter of 2010, from my father.

2007 Access Cab, 2.7L, Base Model (CPS, Cheap Prick Special), 4x4

Don't have any pictures on this computer of when I first got her. Needless to say, was stock - with sagging rear leafs and shitty Dungflop stock tires. I kept telling myself that I would not throw any money into this truck...Last rig was an '86 FJ60, that I threw about 6k at and had to sell for 2k. Awesome.

Last rig. Loved it. Just not the 12 MPG part.

First mod was plasti-derping the rims, and blacking out all emblems. Oh, and a BHLM mod too.

Then, it was on to a HID retrofit with Morimoto Minis.

Then....decided to move all the way across the country to Port Townsend, WA. Don't ask. I highly recommend that everyone does this drive at least once. It was an incredible experience. Although, it paled in comparison to my solo AlCan drive in December 2011.

Moved to WA, then it was up to Kodiak, Alaska - where I work on board a 73' Commercial Fishing vessel, F?V Alaskan. Got back to WA after 5 months of fishing and treated myself to an OME lift from Toytec, and some 265s from Treadwright. Guess I broke my promise to myself of no mods, huh?

.....Those tires are too small.....

Found an awesome deal on an ARB Bullbar down at MetalTech in Portland...

Old 05-31-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Some circumstances in my life changed, and an opportunity to play a bigger role in the operation of the boat presented itself. Needless to say, I decided to make to leap and move to Kodiak Island, Alaska. Driving the Alaska Highway had always been a dream of mine, I chose to make it a reality.

Not going to flood this thread with many pics from the drive, already had an entire thread devoted to it a while back. Again, everyone who followed my trip - thanks for the comments and support. I was amazed at all of the TW'ers that followed the trip!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ve-2011-a.html

Old 05-31-2012, 07:21 PM   #4

Arrived in Kodiak in January - truck stayed mostly stock for the next few months. Career as a commercial fisherman got in the way - it happens!

Met Coby, (uscg2008) on here - he's in the USCG and was moving to Kodiak with his wife in March. Did some wheeling when he got here, now we're good friends...Thanks TW!

Unfortunately, his truck was taller than mine. His tires were bigger.

Decided to pull the trigger an go up to 255s. BFG M/Ts - 255/85/16s. They're friggin schweet! Oh yeah, upgraded to an FX-R Retro, with 4300k Osram bulbs. Difference was literally night and day!

Welded up an IFS skid for the front, too.

Then some sliders....about half way done on them.

That's it for now...waiting on some 55W Kragens. Gonna hold off on any more mods until after Salmon season ends in late August. Then it's game on.

Want to type a whole lot more, but batteries about to die in my laptop. Stay Tuned.

Contemplating a winch, welding up a rear bumper...ARB locker in the rear, with a possible re-gear....

Have to throw this one in here, too. Here's what I do for a living...Trawling for Pollock, Shelikof Strait, Alaska in Feb.

Not the boat I work on, just a picture that I like.

Put her to work today...

Standing by, thanks to all,

Jake
Old 05-31-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery

i knw that truck ..... i still havent gotten those pics from that day of wheeling.

and ya your trek up here was prob the most epic adventure thread on TW ever!!!! mine just is a close second..... hahha
Old 05-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #6

Yeah, it's tough not having Interwebs at my place...I'll bring my laptop next time I'm over at your house. Hopefully when you put your lightbar on this weekend...
Old 05-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #7

Forgot some mods -

Cheap DTRL

Removed mud flaps, flaps off 80s mini truck in the rear

Debadge

Tinted front windows

Sway bar delete
Old 05-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well i have to work fri sat and sunday... and staying over night on sunday. but the light bar should be here tomorrow!!!!! soo if we get out around 12 or 1 on sat i want to put it on!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #9

Schweet, gotta get a six pack of Alaskan amber to make sure the lights work.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #10

i hope you got some fish for me when i get back to kodiak and i might need some help with these things

Old 09-01-2012, 01:56 AM   #11

Got some smoked salmon with your name on it.

Oh, and you suck.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #12

let see them lights

Old 09-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #13
Wren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
Wren's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet taco, You have inspired with your tailgate to make mine like it. I hope one day to make one of your Driving Journeys one day, if not Canada/Alaska at least across the US.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #14

work

Not too much has changed on the truck lately..been very busy with work on the boat.

Worked her pretty hard the last few days, bringing Halibut Longline gear down to the boat. Fullsize? Who needs a fullsize when you've got a Taco?
Old 11-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #15

my comment ^^^^^ still stands
Old 11-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #16

How about we get together this weekend and you can see em in person. All done with work so im free!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #17

MAN DATE!!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #18

Well. Long time no update...

Got a set of these on order

Just found this on Craigslist...

And drove this..Again.

Stay tuned TW.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #19

now you need an arb dual compressor!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #20

Got invited to do some snow wheeling with the Northwest Overland Society; so in good style I had obliged. In doing so, I installed a 12k winch along with 80 feet of AmSteel Blue (orange)...

Traveled up Forest Road 17 in the Mount Baker National Forest. Awesome day! Used the winch about 5 times, in various recoveries. Learned a lot about myself, the truck and driving in snow. Now that I've really used my rig for what I've built it for, it's absolutely kickass! Should be even better with those 4.88s and the ARB locker...

Plan on relocating that solenoid at some point within the near future.

Have some better pictures on my laptop, I'll throw them up tomorrow.