1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Never Satisfied

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Gleaver, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Jun 2, 2012 at 8:34 PM
    Gleaver

Gleaver [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    4 door 4x4
    mickey thompson classic locks 17x9,Toytec Ultimate Lift,custom interior,full system, tinted windows, flowmaster exhaust,CAI,bed rug
    Hey guys. Since I last posted I have made some considerable changes to my Taco. Although I haven't been very active on this site in the last year I have always checked in to see what and how mods. have been completed. It has been a huge help since I have done everything myself, so for that I thank you. I couldn't stand looking at some of your trucks without pooring money into my own to make it comparable. I am really happy with how it is turning out and any helpful suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am also not very handy on posting pictures directly onto the page without making them an attachment so some help there would be appreciated. I will try and attach pictures in order as I go.

Last time I posted my truck looked something like this[​IMG]

Tacoma 6.jpg

2. Jun 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM
    Gleaver

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    4 door 4x4
    mickey thompson classic locks 17x9,Toytec Ultimate Lift,custom interior,full system, tinted windows, flowmaster exhaust,CAI,bed rug
    My truck has undergone many changes since then so I will try and list my modifications in the order that I completed them. First thing I did was upgrade the sound. I purchased two 12" alpine type S shallow mount subs. I used my Alpine 4 way speaker amp and my Sony 1200 watt bass amp. I installed Alpine type S speakers all the way around. And by the way, buying that speaker adapter kit from ********* for the 6" x 9"s in front is a bit ridiculous IMO. I made the adapters and direct wired my speakers, easy way to save 120 bucks.

system.jpg

3. Jun 2, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    Gleaver

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    4 door 4x4
    I decided to build my own box which was a significant undertaking, but I loved doing it. I took my time with it and I am really happy with the outcome. It was a very detail oriented process. I sealed the entire inside of the box multiple times to ensure an air tight fit.

system12.jpg
    system13.jpg
    system11.jpg
    system8.jpg
    system6.jpg

4. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:00 PM
    Gleaver

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    4 door 4x4
    After making a few adjustements to both my box and the truck I got a perfect fit (much to my relief). Next was wiring it all up, which is not easy in the confines of our Tacos.

system5.jpg
    system10.jpg
    system2.jpg
    system3.jpg
    system4.jpg

5. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:12 PM
    Gleaver

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    4 door 4x4
    At some point throughout the next 5 months I took off my side steps, bull bar and KC lights. After browsing the forum for a bit I decided I liked the look of the lights behind the grill. I saw some lights on here that had some red on them and I liked the look of that so I went ahead and modified my KC's. I forget who had the write up on making this light bracket but I did it your way and it came out great so thank you. I also put some aftermarket headlights in a few months ago.

lights.jpg
    lights2.jpg
    lights3.jpg
    lights4.jpg
    lights5.jpg

6. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:16 PM
    Day Cowboy

Day Cowboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Day Cowboy
    MS
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TX TRD 4x4
    AFE Pro Dry Air Filter, Toytec Ultimate 3' Lift, LR UCAs, WeatherTech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers
    Everything looks great so far!

7. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    Gleaver

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    4 door 4x4
    My most recent modification is the instalation of my Toytec Ultimate Lift. I once again did this myself and I enjoyed the longg process of doing so. I previously had blocks in front and back. I decided to leave my 1" block in the back along with my new AAL and Bil. 1500. I didn't get new UCA's but I painted the stock UCA's to get an aftermarket look. (new uca's are in the future). I will get some better pictures of my truck tomorrow so you guys can get a look.

lift2.jpg
    lift.jpg

8. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM
    Gleaver

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    4 door 4x4
    Thanks buddy! This posting stuff is exhausting ha. I just got a set of T-Rex eyelids in the mail the other day. Getting my color mixed up at Napa and installing them soon. I think they will be a nice edition to my truck seeing as it looks a little angry already. I will post a few more mods. tomorrow.

9. Jun 4, 2012 at 8:17 PM
    Gleaver

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    4 door 4x4
    Has anyone seen guys with black tacos do anything with their front valence?

Products Discussed in

To Top