Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Never Satisfied

Old 06-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Gleaver is on a distinguished road
Gleaver's Tacoma Gallery
Never Satisfied

Hey guys. Since I last posted I have made some considerable changes to my Taco. Although I haven't been very active on this site in the last year I have always checked in to see what and how mods. have been completed. It has been a huge help since I have done everything myself, so for that I thank you. I couldn't stand looking at some of your trucks without pooring money into my own to make it comparable. I am really happy with how it is turning out and any helpful suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am also not very handy on posting pictures directly onto the page without making them an attachment so some help there would be appreciated. I will try and attach pictures in order as I go.

Last time I posted my truck looked something like this
Attached Thumbnails
Never Satisfied-tacoma-6.jpg  
Old 06-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
Gleaver's Tacoma Gallery
Tunes

My truck has undergone many changes since then so I will try and list my modifications in the order that I completed them. First thing I did was upgrade the sound. I purchased two 12" alpine type S shallow mount subs. I used my Alpine 4 way speaker amp and my Sony 1200 watt bass amp. I installed Alpine type S speakers all the way around. And by the way, buying that speaker adapter kit from tacotunes for the 6" x 9"s in front is a bit ridiculous IMO. I made the adapters and direct wired my speakers, easy way to save 120 bucks.
Attached Thumbnails
Never Satisfied-system.jpg  
Old 06-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
Gleaver's Tacoma Gallery
Tunes

I decided to build my own box which was a significant undertaking, but I loved doing it. I took my time with it and I am really happy with the outcome. It was a very detail oriented process. I sealed the entire inside of the box multiple times to ensure an air tight fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Never Satisfied-system12.jpg   Never Satisfied-system13.jpg   Never Satisfied-system11.jpg   Never Satisfied-system8.jpg   Never Satisfied-system6.jpg  

Old 06-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
Gleaver's Tacoma Gallery
Tunes

After making a few adjustements to both my box and the truck I got a perfect fit (much to my relief). Next was wiring it all up, which is not easy in the confines of our Tacos.
Attached Thumbnails
Never Satisfied-system5.jpg   Never Satisfied-system10.jpg   Never Satisfied-system2.jpg   Never Satisfied-system3.jpg   Never Satisfied-system4.jpg  

Old 06-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
Gleaver's Tacoma Gallery
Lights

At some point throughout the next 5 months I took off my side steps, bull bar and KC lights. After browsing the forum for a bit I decided I liked the look of the lights behind the grill. I saw some lights on here that had some red on them and I liked the look of that so I went ahead and modified my KC's. I forget who had the write up on making this light bracket but I did it your way and it came out great so thank you. I also put some aftermarket headlights in a few months ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Never Satisfied-lights.jpg   Never Satisfied-lights2.jpg   Never Satisfied-lights3.jpg   Never Satisfied-lights4.jpg   Never Satisfied-lights5.jpg  

Old 06-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #6
Day Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Veteran
Name: Day Cowboy
Day Cowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Everything looks great so far!
Old 06-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
Gleaver's Tacoma Gallery
Lift

My most recent modification is the instalation of my Toytec Ultimate Lift. I once again did this myself and I enjoyed the longg process of doing so. I previously had blocks in front and back. I decided to leave my 1" block in the back along with my new AAL and Bil. 1500. I didn't get new UCA's but I painted the stock UCA's to get an aftermarket look. (new uca's are in the future). I will get some better pictures of my truck tomorrow so you guys can get a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Never Satisfied-lift2.jpg   Never Satisfied-lift.jpg  
Old 06-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #8
Gleaver's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks buddy! This posting stuff is exhausting ha. I just got a set of T-Rex eyelids in the mail the other day. Getting my color mixed up at Napa and installing them soon. I think they will be a nice edition to my truck seeing as it looks a little angry already. I will post a few more mods. tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
Gleaver's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone seen guys with black tacos do anything with their front valence?