Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

DTF 06 Brick Hecka House Build

Old 06-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
DTF 06 Brick Hecka House Build

Current pic

Hey I figured I've been here long enough to start a build thread

Well it started in 06 I graduated high school worked all summer turned 18 and put a down payment on a 06 DC SB "pee"runner

Couple years later and a sweet spacer install took the annual trip with the family to Cal-City. Nailed a woop at 45 and a loud clunk followed by my truck leaning one way really hard. Turns out spacer lift cause your truck to bottom out on the shock instead of the bump stop lesson learned. Did it on bottle jacks and one shitty stand

About 6 months later got tired of having my truck in one piece so me and a buddy deiced to do a run at about 10 in the rain and the mud was GREASY AS FUCK. He slid off the road in 4wd I had no chance I followed and bamo!

Then the insurance paid for everything and some extras
Glassworks fender w/ caps blended and DR coilovers

Buddy got a glass hood and he built a bumper

Loved my mid travel set-up

1 year later I stuffed the front end at pismo and had to install a new radiator and build my first bumper ever

Got redemption on Calcity

Built a frame brace/future bedcage

Built a bumper for my buddies truck soon after

Then I got in conntact with a fucking scumbag named Nate Batchlder don't give this clown I minute of your time he's a worthless bastard. He promised a LT kit for 1400 what I got was a assbackwards bump-steer kit.

and to top it off he was 6 months late
I drove on that disaster for a few months till I decided I had enough
So I tore it down in my driveway and started from scratch. No stock arms for comparison literally all from scratch.

Put tons of miles on that set up then I stuffed the passenger corner at one of the pismo meets.

So I'm tearing it down and re-building once again

Plans are to get 18" of travel on all 4 corners

Parts:
Allpro 50T leaf springs
FOA 18" triple bypass
Custom hangers and shackles
Custom LT kit utilizing 10" king coilovers in stock location

It's a tight fit lol

Old 06-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
kfgk14 is on a distinguished road
Name: Killian
kfgk14's Tacoma Gallery
So you said pre-runner, but it appears you have CV axles in a few of your pictures?

Nice build either way.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfgk14 View Post
So you said pre-runner, but it appears you have CV axles in a few of your pictures?

Nice build either way.
I don't see them?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfgk14 View Post

Nice build either way.
Those are my steering tie rods and boots

ORIGINAL POST EDITED
Old 06-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #5
Dezert Toy Fabrication

MOAR

Frame cleaned up and gas tank dropped. Nate was stoked lol

Plasma cut some frame boxing

Ended up boxing this all the way to the cross member

The entire rear portion of the frame will get plates like these hence the Brick shit house title.

Started playing with the spring hanger

Full droop

Bump

Pulling 20.5" of travel unstrapped

With bedside mocked up

Ride height

Built my shackles

250 wall FTW!

Old 06-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
GFO DMC LBR
dirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: adam
dirty dangler's Tacoma Gallery
get some!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #7
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
sick!!!! awesome build...i always wondered why you didnt have one?
Old 06-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #8
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
Mother of Gawd! That is going to be a beast! Best of luck to you and your truck. And quit stuffing the front end haha! Looks awesome dude!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #9
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
some of your pics arent showing! fyi!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #10
GFO DMC LBR
dirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: adam
dirty dangler's Tacoma Gallery
works fine for me
Old 06-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm.. weird! they are working now
Old 06-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
sweet build!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #13
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #14
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dangler View Post
get some!!!
I'm trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
sick!!!! awesome build...i always wondered why you didnt have one?
Lazy I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ450MOE View Post
Mother of Gawd! That is going to be a beast! Best of luck to you and your truck. And quit stuffing the front end haha! Looks awesome dude!
Yeah I hope it can live up to its new name. I'll try not to stuff front end anymore lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
Hmm.. weird! they are working now
IDK I didn't fix em

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
sweet build!
Quote:
Originally Posted by precoma View Post
Should get interesting soon
Old 06-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #15
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
How I wish I had the skills to do that all myself too. Very impressive build.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #16
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
This truck will def be doing a little Brap Brap when its done!!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #17
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #18
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
How I wish I had the skills to do that all myself too. Very impressive build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
This truck will def be doing a little Brap Brap when its done!!!!
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Lets race
Old 06-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #19
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure neither of us is running at the moment so it might actually be exciting and competitive!
Old 06-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #20
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
looks sweet so far!