Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Bandwagon 05 lt build

Old 06-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
Bandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Bandwagon's Tacoma Gallery
Bandwagon 05 lt build

How she looks now kida...

[IMG][/IMG]

Well let me start with I suck at taking progress pics, with that being said I don't even have a pic of the truck stock. Bought it in 2008 with 26,000 miles and from there did some 5100s and wheels and tires..... Yup u guessed it no pic of that well fast forward 4 years and finally decided to go lt and decided on the Camburg kit

From there I planned on not doing the spindle at first and was planning on spending that $1,000 on the rear end, later u will find out that plan did not come into fruition because of some "rubbing". So back to the build I ordered some glassworks front fenders and bedsides and opted for the pick up seeing I waited over a month for delivery and it never came. Also decided on the general grabbers in a 315/75/16

So as I was waiting to install the lt kit at my buddy's shop I decided to install the glass

Surprisingly it didn't rub to bad with just 5100s but luckily I have a work truck so it stays parked in the driveway during the week. Finally the weekend came and it was lt install day

The raptor just happened to be at the shop on install day

So at this point I thought it would of been time to star on the rear end so I went out and picked up some 2.5 16" smooth body foxs. Which I later returned for a bypass shock

But the front rubbed like crazy couldn't get a full turn out of the steering wheel without hitting the freshly chopped cab mount area..... So that's where I had to pull some rear end fund and pick up the Camburg spindles

Then started working on the front bumper still working on it but here are some progress pics

Will continue updating as progress happens, going to Hawaii for two weeks starting June 15th so it will be slow till then.... Haha
And here is a full driveway shot
Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
Bandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
So an update on the rear we have been working on a bed cage design and debating on dual spares or a single spare. Also considering the defined, dmz or giant SUA kits not sure which one I want to go with. Also picked up some 2.0 4" travel fox bumps off Craigslist brand new for 275$ with cans. Once vacation is over I will decide on the SUA kit and "find" the funds, surprisingly the wife is on board so I don't think it will take 4 years to talk her into it like the front.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 06-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
wannabtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Steven
wannabtaco's Tacoma Gallery
love the grabbers and the shocks, and the truck, and the fenders...lol
what shop was the photo with the raptor taken in? Theres a chance it might be mine
Old 06-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #5
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
I'll trade you trucks after you paint those fenders haha! Sick dude. Looks good. Can't wait to see your bumper when it's done!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabtaco View Post
love the grabbers and the shocks, and the truck, and the fenders...lol
what shop was the photo with the raptor taken in? Theres a chance it might be mine
It's tag Motorsports in Escondido
Old 06-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #7
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks sick! did you mount that one poiece that connects the fiberglass to the headlight? it doesnt look like it
Old 06-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
truck looks sick! did you mount that one poiece that connects the fiberglass to the headlight? it doesnt look like it
No I broke one of the clips and wasn't super worried about them, they are sitting in my garage I may attempt to put me on later.

Also I ordered some 8" red ring hids so I will install those bad boys once they come in. And paint will come way down the road, got a handful of other things to spend on before I consider paint. I have a buddy that vinyl wraps I may just do that when the time is right
Old 06-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #9
Picked up two spares off race dezert 100 a piece 3 laps on each...
Old 06-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #10
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks awesome man.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #11
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Picked up two spares off race dezert 100 a piece 3 laps on each...
The tire on the left would be a good sand tire.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #12
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

do you rub the pinch weld?
Old 06-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #13
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome build, are you going to gusset the coil buckets any?
Old 06-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #14
Yeah I will gusset the coil buckets when I do the secondary hoop, I here the tc gussets work with modification on the heimed uppers.

I cut slits in the pinch weld and used a bfh to lay em flat. I'll get a pic of them when I get home.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #15
Well I picked up some 8" 55 watt hids from tough lite the dude that hooks up engage, we are in talks for a group buy for some led bars and hids

Also started working on my bedcage before I start vacation, we ran out of metal so I will pick up 40' tomorrow and try to knock the majority out Tuesday Oh yeah also boxed half the frame will do the other half when we do the SUA

That's it for now my two rims should be in Thursday but I leave for Hawaii Friday for two weeks
Old 06-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #16
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
That carrier is looking good, I think they look best when low profile like that,
Old 06-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #17
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: FN
Name: Kyle
Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
sick build cant wait to see how this turns out
Old 08-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #18
Small boring update: Defined SUA kit is being picked up Saturday morning and I ordered some 2.5 16" king dbl bypasses from down south Motorsports today. Will post pics on Saturday....
Old 08-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #19

Are you calling the rear lt?
Old 08-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #20
U can call it what u want as long as it serves it's purpose... Haha
And I would call it rear lt I suppose.