Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

trdNick's 07 Build

Old 08-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #41
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
This week I was finally able to install my Tracrac. It is super sturdy and perfect for what I need it to do (haul mine and my girlfriend's kayak). I would highly recommend this rack for someone looking for a little more carrying options.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #42
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Since I added the Tracrac, I needed to move my cb antenna. I mounted it to the rail on my toolbox and grounded my toolbox to the frame with some heavy gauge wire

Old 08-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #43
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
was messing around today and got some flexing pics. I really need to find a trail to get out on

Old 08-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #44
Jlurv is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeremy
Jlurv's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man, are you able to take the tracrac on and off or is it mint to stay on? I mean is it a pain if you don't want it on all the time to remove
Old 08-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #45
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
The front rack would be a pain seeing that the toolbox is bolted to it but I would imagine the rear rack could be removed in about 10 minutes. It would require removing 4 hex cap screws

(picture courtesy of XXXX)
Old 08-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #46
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
I got bored and blacked out the shifter and center console. It's nothing major but I am pleased with the look.

Also added a 5lb fire extinguisher
Old 09-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #47
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Today i fabbed up some mounts for my bed speakers. Covered them with bedliner and mounted them up. Now just waiting for my amp for them!

Old 09-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #48
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Wired up my amp for my bed speakers tonight, so completely done with that project. It turned out great, exactly what I was hoping for!!!

Old 09-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #49
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
New LR UCA's showed up today

Old 10-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #50
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Got my wet okole's installed today along with covering the armrests with wet okole neoprene. Completely changed the interior, I love it!

Old 11-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #51
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Got around to putting on my new lift yesterday (11/10). I replaced the hockey puck lift with 5100's set at .85, Eibach coils, 1/2 Toytec top plate spacers, and LR UCA's. I love the new ride and it handles so much better with the new UCA's!

Out with the old

And in with the new!

Old 11-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #52
Whatchu talkin bout willis?
Slinky is a splendid one to beholdSlinky is a splendid one to beholdSlinky is a splendid one to beholdSlinky is a splendid one to beholdSlinky is a splendid one to beholdSlinky is a splendid one to beholdSlinky is a splendid one to behold
Name: Spencer
Slinky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Slinky
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdNick View Post
Got around to putting on my new lift yesterday (11/10). I replaced the hockey puck lift with 5100's set at .85, Eibach coils, 1/2 Toytec top plate spacers, and LR UCA's. I love the new ride and it handles so much better with the new UCA's!

Out with the old

And in with the new!

can you give me a link to that toytec coil?
Old 11-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #53
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky View Post
can you give me a link to that toytec coil?
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

and make sure to use the discount code!
Old 11-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #54
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! I especially like the wheels, FJ anthracite on a budget.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #56
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
Looks good! I especially like the wheels, FJ anthracite on a budget.
Thanks man, it is my favorite mod to date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky View Post
Thanks man!
No problem!!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #57
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Your wheels turned out great! Any chipping? I did mine on my 98 4Runner last year.... but the paint chips off. The Zinc Primer I used seems to be holding well, as it's yellow... and can be seen wherever the paint chips off....

If it's not chipping.... what was the paint process you used??
Old 11-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #58
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightman80 View Post
Your wheels turned out great! Any chipping? I did mine on my 98 4Runner last year.... but the paint chips off. The Zinc Primer I used seems to be holding well, as it's yellow... and can be seen wherever the paint chips off....

If it's not chipping.... what was the paint process you used??
Thanks man. I haven't had any problems with chipping so far. I hate to hear that about yours! I sanded them to a dull finish, one full coat of Duplicolor self etching primer, then 2 light coats of Duplicolor gun metal wheel coating followed by a 3rd heavy coat. I let them cure over night and have no problems with them, I have taken them off and put them back on several times, no issues. Hope this helps!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:14 PM   #59
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
My mod money has switched from my truck to my guns but I have added a few interior touches since the last update.

Wrapped the back seats in left over Wet Okole neoprene

Got a Flyzeye for Christmas

And wrapped my OhShit handles in paracord.

Nothing major just a few creature comforts since I spend so much time driving.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #60
urrutiadan32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
urrutiadan32's Tacoma Gallery
nice access cab