Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

trdNick's 07 Build

Old 06-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
trdNick's 07 Build

I figured I have done enough mods to the Taco to do a build now! I bought the truck in May of 2011 with 51, 000 miles, Trd Off Road. The only thing it had when I bought it was the step bars.

How she sits as of 11/11/12

Suspension
-5100's set at .85
-Eibach coils
-LR UCAs
-Sway bar removed
-Rear 2" block

Wheels
-Gun metal trd OR wheels with FJ center caps

Exterior

-Nfab light bar with 4 100w KC Dayliters
-Blitzpro 6LZ reverse lights
-Tracrac
-UWS toolbox
-Fog anytime
-100w bed speakers with 500w amp
-LED hood lights
-Redline hood struts
-20% tinted front windows with AVS in-channel window visors
-Debadged tailgate
-Gun metal Tacoma badges and Toyota emblem
-Plastidipped lower valence
-Color match engine cover
-Relocated 7 pin trailer harness

Interior

-Cobra 19 cb radio with 4' Firestik
-Wet Okole seat covers, console cover and arm rests
-Aux input for factory radio
-Map lights on with dome lights
-Blacked out chrome on center console

Future Mods
-either 255/85/16 KM2's or 255//85/16 Cooper All terrains
-OME Dakar leaf pack or Icon 3 leaf AAL with Bilstien 5125's

Here she is the day I brought her home

The first mods included AVS in-channel vent visors, an AVS bugshield and a bull bar.

For my 21st birthday, my parents got me a UWS low profile toolbox and my girlfriend bought me a 3in leveling kit

I then did the aux plug for the factory radio, painted my engine cover and added led's under the hood

Thanks to TcBob I added 20 hp!

It was hard to see out of my tinted windows so I added some extra reverse lights that are on a switch as well coming on when the truck is put in reverse.

Next came painted badges with a partial de-badge. I used graphite wheel paint to do the badges

Redline Hood struts groupbuy!!!

I had a major impulse moment and decided I wanted a cb, so I went all in and put a Cobra 29 in the front cubby of the dash, paired with a 4' Firestik and an external speaker

After bashing my bull bar on a stump in the woods, I decided to ditch it and go for a N-Fab light bar with 4 KC 100W Dayliters and Plastidip my lower valence

I added the bed rail that was behind the tool box to the front to make it more useful!

I was wanting a different look so I decided to paint my wheels to match my badges. I used the Duplicolor graphite wheel paint and the Anthracite FJ center caps.

This is how she sits today, and I am completely happy with how my build has turned out. I have this site to thank for all the wonderful writeups and how to's. I also have a lot less money thanks to TW I hope ya'll enjoy!

Some random pics

Old 06-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Damn you did a great fcking job with those wheels! They look SICK!!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
Goose
h.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Zack
h.zack801's Tacoma Gallery
And I have the great pleasure of parking next to this beauty every day!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man! Prep is key and I didn't wanna go back and fix em so I did it right the first time lol. I got the wheel weights on the inside of the rim to clean em up. I sanded em completely with 320 grit. Primer then 3 coats of paint. Def my favorite mod so far!!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of paint and color did you go with?
Old 06-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Duplicolor graphite
Old 06-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #7
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks again!!!
Old 06-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #9
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
rims look good!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #10
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
rims look good!
Thanks man! I'm glad I painted em
Old 06-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #12
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEOFMANY503 View Post
Looks good man. Nice job.
Thanks man, I appreciate it!
Old 06-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #13
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

actually going to copy two things you did... haha using some graphite on my old set of rims i'm selling and doing the cobra 29 set up. how hard was the cobra?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #14
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
It was a challenge, about 10 hours worth of soldering. Here is a link to my install
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...b-install.html
Old 06-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #15
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
sick looking rims
Old 06-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #16

wow thats a long time. Is it all straight forward though? like can someone who knows how to solder get it done.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #17
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
sick looking rims
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
wow thats a long time. Is it all straight forward though? like can someone who knows how to solder get it done.
Oh yeah, once you open it up, just cut one wire at a time and splice in the longer wire, and be sure to use shrink tubing around the solder to prevent any shorts. I'm sure it could be done quicker i just took my time
Old 06-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdNick View Post
Thanks man!

Oh yeah, once you open it up, just cut one wire at a time and splice in the longer wire, and be sure to use shrink tubing around the solder to prevent any shorts. I'm sure it could be done quicker i just took my time

awesome thank you!
Old 06-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #19
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Not a problem!!
Old 06-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #20
Taco12pack is on a distinguished road
Name: Jacob
Taco12pack's Tacoma Gallery
what leveling kit are you running? It looks really good!