Notices

Scott's build

Old 12-30-2008, 05:07 AM   #1
Fat Scott
Ascott7555 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Lance Corporal 2/2 Echo
Ascott7555's Tacoma Gallery
Scott's build

So i've had my truck for 6 weeks now, and have spent waaaaay to much time researching the parts and costs for the build I want to have. Keep in mine, this is after I come back from another deployment and pinch every penny until then.

So... my vision is,

3' lift, with replacing factory tires and rims w/ a set of (whatever is rated the best at the time) BF goodrich AT tires, and a nice aggressive set of black-out rims. After I saw some videos of Tacomas flying through the air and doing insane jumps on youtube, I knew I wanted some badass shocks and suspension. I'll probably leave it alone though, because my head hurts when I look at all the things I have to replace and the options I have.

Tube steps, no idea which set im going to choose, as long as their not chrome.

Toolbox, I got alot of random I carry around. Any suggestions?

A Westin Sportman grillguard, and a billet grill with the Toyota emblem w/ the devil horns.

A winch. A very, very good one.

Tint the front windows to as much as legally possible, or take all of them up to 45%, Ill risk a ticket.

Probably going to debadge it too.

And the hood scoop.... You cant make it functional, but putting some lights under their might look pretty good, but im worried it might get confused w/ an x runner

Now anything to do with the drive train, to include the cold air filter, exhaust,.....and Supercharger/ w X one controller ( as soon as I can justify spending that kind of money to myself, knowing it's almost a certainty it won't help the resell value, if ever even want to sell it. And the fact that I hear I might as well get a new transmission if I get those kinds of upgrades)

All TRD, all factory installed. My logic is purchasing all that at once and getting it installed all at once I would save some money on such a large buy, and would help the resell by keeping all the warranties, and be a bargaining chip in the event I ever did sell, because everything is a Toyota product installed by a certified dealer.

The interior Is filled w/ D.I.Y projects, for example A lighted 4x4 knob, reupholstering the factory seats w/ leather, new cd player, a 10' pancake sub w/ amp tucked away.

I hope I posted this in the right forum, if not let me know.
Anyone and everyone w/ advice please comment, critique etc;etc. All opinions are welcome
Attached Thumbnails
Scott's build-cell-phone-007.jpg  
Old 12-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Sounds Like a Plan!
Old 12-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
asdf is on a distinguished road
asdf's Tacoma Gallery
a 3' lift... dang lol
Old 12-30-2008, 10:15 PM   #4
Fat Scott
The estimated price range for all of this stuff plus installation for most of it is somewhere between 7000 -10000 dollars, getting anything higher than a 3' is just not practical for me in the near future of 1-2 years, especially if gas starts creeping back up.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
That's a lot of money.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:56 AM   #6
Fat Scott
Yeah it is, and im definately over-estimating. I don't plan on owning another vic for another 5-10 years unless you count a dune buggy, but It will be a piece of art when im done w/ it.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:42 AM   #7
Braaaaap!
Motoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to behold

Name: Caleb
Motoknuckle's Tacoma Gallery
You want 3 feet of lift...and a 10 foot subwoofer?!

BTW ' = feet " = inches

Old 01-12-2009, 01:56 AM   #8
Fat Scott
Yes.....Yes I do. Thats why it's so expensive.

Really though im pretty sure they went over that w/ me in metalshop...