Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Benbacher's Alaskan Stormtrooper build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #81
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
I think if I had to do it all over again I'd still do wet okoles. My dad has katzkins and I dont like them as much.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #82
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Im still leaning towards the wet okoles myself. I just like the color combos and custom stuff you can do with leather. Could probably make it match and go better with the tacoma interior with leather. Thats really my only reasoning for the leather.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #83
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I dunno, I've got this plan rolling around in my head to wrap my center console in neoprene, could be sick. Not sure yet. If I do that though, I think it'll look waaaay better than stock.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #84
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agreed. Thats the other reason Im leaning towards wet okoles. I plan on the center console cover and the armrests to tie in more black.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #85
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
My .2 cents is for the wet okoles. The waterproof feature has saved my seats from certain destruction. And they are easy to clean
Old 05-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #86
Purveyor of Fun

My armrests are in process, drivers side is done. Stupid moving is holding me up!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #87
Purveyor of Fun

Okay so the time has finally come. Here's what I've ordered so far:

Suspension

- ALCAN leaf springs with a 3.5 inch lift at 800lbs in the bed. paid
- 8" Orange anodized ORI struts paid
- Icon 2.0 Hydrobumps paid
- Icon Billet UCA paid
- Icon 2.5 rear shocks w/ resi's paid

Armor
- Bruteforce plate front w/ headlight protection paid
- Bruteforce sliders with custom step kick-up paid
- Bruteforce High Clearance rear with double swingouts for tire carrier and double Jerry can/ hi lift mount paid

Tires
- 5 Super Swamper LT-09's (4 ordered 1 pending sale Saturday 6/29/13)

MISC
- CVT Mckinley RTT w/ annex paid
- CVT 99" awning w/ canvas walls paid
- CVT 55" awning w/ mesh walls paid
- Smittybilt X20 comp series 10k synthetic line winch paid
- Campchef Camp Oven paid
- Orange vinyl wrap paid
- 5 SCS Stealth 6's pending

The red's are either already here or being shipped soon.
The blues will be ordered Monday most likely.
The leafs and winch will come with my armor from Billy, and if I can swing the wheels at all those will as well. Needless to say that's gonna be a fun pallet

The RTT and rack will both be on the truck in less than two weeks is my hope.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #90

Good... god..
Old 06-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #91
Purveyor of Fun

Updated the vinyl to paid. Orange body, black roof, all matte.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #92
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Jesus that's a ton to drop at once lol
Old 06-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #93
Purveyor of Fun

I might need to be a storm trooper at heart lol
Just ordered this for the truck body and a sheet of matte black for the roof.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:39 PM   #94

I can't believe your wrapping your truck orange! Interested in what its gonna come out like.. I've been thinking of wrap colors myself lately..
Old 06-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #95
Purveyor of Fun

If we had met when I was in AZ, you'd fully understand why it's gonna be orange lol. I'm still trying to figure out how to convince Stefen to swap interiors with me
Old 06-28-2013, 10:41 PM   #96
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
If we had met when I was in AZ, you'd fully understand why it's gonna be orange lol. I'm still trying to figure out how to convince Stefen to swap interiors with me
i met you and dont know why.....
Old 06-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #97

Yeah what's up with the orange? Lol
Old 06-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #98
Purveyor of Fun

It's technically just a favorite color taken too far lol, both my tattoos are orange, my bike is completely oranged out, our kitchen aid, vacuum cleaner, curtains, my current t shirt, most of my shorts....the list goes on. Of I can find it in orange, I'm gonna get it in orange.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:58 PM   #99
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 06-28-2013, 11:30 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
It's technically just a favorite color taken too far lol, both my tattoos are orange, my bike is completely oranged out, our kitchen aid, vacuum cleaner, curtains, my current t shirt, most of my shorts....the list goes on. Of I can find it in orange, I'm gonna get it in orange.
Ahhh ok. I see I see.

Im like that with white. Lol

And I think I found my wrap color... matte white carbon fiber.

Products Discussed in this Thread