LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Benbacher's Alaskan Stormtrooper build

Old 06-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Benbacher's Alaskan Overland Experiment

Newest mod!

THE FACTS

SUSPENSION
Coilovers - 8" ORANGE ORI's
UCA - Icon Billet Upper Control Arm
Leafs - ALCAN leafs w/ Icon striker plate flip kit
Rear shocks - Icon custom length 2.5" shock with resis
Bump Stops - Front (Stock) Rear (Icon 2.5")
ARMOR
BruteForce Fab Bed rack system w/water container storage and other goodies.
BruteForce Fab swingout tire carrier High Clearance Rear bumper w/some custom accessories for hi-lift and rotopax.
BruteForce Fab Sliders with custom kickout/kickup step
BruteForce Fab 3-hoop plate bumper w/smittybilt x20 10k comp series synthetic winch
BruteForce Fab Custom Roof Rack (In Transit)
WHEELS/TIRES
Stock wheels powdercoated black wrapped in 34x10.5" LTB's
Allpro 3/4" Spacers

MISCELLANEOUS
Airflow America Snorkel
Rotopax kit w/ Fuel and First Aid Storage
Custom bed cage made from .188 wall 1 3/4" DOM bolted through to frame
Pair of SPod's (soon)
Aircraft Cargo Tie down strips in bed

RECOVERY
Recovery Shovel
Recovery Axe w/Pick
Recovery BFH
Smittybilt x20 10k comp series synthetic winch
Four Arctic Edition Maxtrax
Two Wheelers Offroad Tree Savers (BIG Thank you to my secret santa)
Four Shackles all mounted to Bumpers
Factor 55 Pro Link
Factor 55 Hitchlink
Factor 55 Hawse Fairlead

SHELTER
CVT Mt. Mckinley w/Annex
CVT 99" Awning w/Canvas Wall Kit
CVT 55" Awning w/Mesh Wall Kit

TO DO
Wrap entire bed cage with 1000 denier Cordura Waterproof Ripstop Fabric (parts complete, assembly to follow)
Wrap truck in orange vinyl (parts complete, assembly to follow)
Trim Fenders and finish all edges w/rubber gasket (parts complete, assembly to follow)
Fill Fender Flare Holes (parts complete, assembly to follow)
Mount Snorkel Tube to A-Pillar post wrap (parts complete, assembly to follow)
Remove bed to install new electronics center and begin process of building storage system (need moar parts, assembly to follow)
Rear Diff Breather Relocate (need moar parts, assembly to follow)
Put Interior Door panels back together and finish interior (parts complete, assembly to follow)
Order new Wet Okole's (need moar parts, assembly to follow)
Order new headliner (need moar parts, assembly to follow)
Order new carpet (need moar parts, assembly to follow)
Trim Bumpstop flip kit bolts (parts complete, assembly to follow)
Mount Spare, Bestop, trasharoo, and maxtrax to swingouts (need moar parts, assembly to follow)
Install gas assist on swingouts ((parts complete, assembly to follow)
Acquire long ranger fuel tank

I think that about does it, I'm sure I forgot some stuff.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Reserved for future posts.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Great start!

lol at the sweatshirt matching the owner
Old 06-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
Purveyor of Fun

Haha that's exactly why I bought it. Couldn't pass it up.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:21 AM   #5
slingshot5r is on a distinguished road

Army:
slingshot5r's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to see you are able to start with the mods this summer. Looks great man, especially those projectors. I can't wait to get back so I can do my own retrofit.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #7
Purveyor of Fun

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to put the lower valence on tonight and repaint the satoshi, waiting on a set of eyelids to finish out the front end look. I got upper and lower eyelids to square off the lenses, makes it look like a tundra headlight. I'm excited to see the contrast to an all blacked out lamp assembly. Should be seeing a lot more mods in the future because the wife decided she WANTS me to build my truck up.
Not just tolerates it but WANTS me to. She realized when she saw the ARB roof tents that it's wAaay cheaper than buying a camper and you can go anywhere. So we're going to save up about 6k and throw it into the truck! Begin woot off!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
RadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
RadSurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
bitchn truck.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #9
Purveyor of Fun

UPDATE:
as soon as Toyota Man finishes this set of eyelids I'll have more pictures. Also got a canon 5D mark ii so they'll be much better quality than the iphone. Go big or go home!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #10
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man! So of your headlights and lids! Happy to see your going with Brute Force, just ordered a bumper from him as well.

Have fun with your future mods
Old 10-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #11
Purveyor of Fun

Ohhhhh just you wait. My wife is a hair stylist so she makes cash fairly quickly, and has agreed to work a couple extra 700$ days a month that go towards mods. I'm hoping by Christmas to arrange the 800 pound pallet slowly being filled with goodies to be shipped up here. We'll see. God knows I love that woman. I'm salary, so there's not a whole lot I can do.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #12
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Ohhhhh just you wait. My wife is a hair stylist so she makes cash fairly quickly, and has agreed to work a couple extra 700$ days a month that go towards mods. I'm hoping by Christmas to arrange the 800 pound pallet slowly being filled with goodies to be shipped up here. We'll see. God knows I love that woman. I'm salary, so there's not a whole lot I can do.
Looking forward to it man..
Old 10-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #14
bjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brian
bjasper's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great, and you have the right idea on future mods. I like your creativity with the Stormtroopers.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #15
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed... This is an awesome build! If I had the time and money I'd build one similar... But, I'm a college kid.

One suggestion of what I've ready to be a fairly cheap and easy mod I didn't see on your list but that might help ya: LED bed lights.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #16
Purveyor of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Truck looks awesome man!
Thanks dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjasper View Post
Looks great, and you have the right idea on future mods. I like your creativity with the Stormtroopers.
Thanks! Unfortunately the headlight guys are covered up by the eyelids, I still get the 3 Hp from them though
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Subbed... This is an awesome build! If I had the time and money I'd build one similar... But, I'm a college kid.
One suggestion of what I've ready to be a fairly cheap and easy mod I didn't see on your list but that might help ya: LED bed lights.
I probably ought to do something back there, haven't decided what route to take yet. I'm thinking of taking out the factory rails and having the bed rack have it's own system. That would affect where I'd put the LED's so I'm waiting til Billy and I get all the designs worked out.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #17
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
I gotcha, makes perfect sense to wait if you're thinking of taking the rails out. Without em there's really no place to put the lights. Either way tho, seems like something worth considering with no cargo it could be pretty dark back there!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #18
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Nice build man! I like your interior mods! That Neoprene looks sweet on the arm rests!

I just did mine in Carbon fiber, but not that thrilled in how it looks... so looking for another option... might look into Neoprene!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #19
Purveyor of Fun

Pics? Curious to see what CF looks like on the arm rest
Old 10-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #20
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Pics? Curious to see what CF looks like on the arm rest
I can't post pics at the moment, but take a look at my build, should be my last post.

Products Discussed in this Thread