Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

ruggedT's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #21
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SuthrnTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Well well.. Looks like you finally got a new build page up! LOL! Too bad you don't do anymore write ups! Where did you get your LED stripping and how does it hold up to your abuse!?

I'm gonna have to come up there and ride with you guys sometime!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #22
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuthrnTaco07 View Post
Well well.. Looks like you finally got a new build page up! LOL! Too bad you don't do anymore write ups! Where did you get your LED stripping and how does it hold up to your abuse!?

I'm gonna have to come up there and ride with you guys sometime!
There's a link on the 1st post. They're holding up great
Old 06-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #23
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Put together a ghetto holder for my surf rods. Its now painted black, total cost ~$5

Old 07-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #24
The Sticker Guy

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Few updates... CV's were wearing. Did that hose clamp mod. Works great. I have about 600miles on them and they havnt moved or exploded yet.

Drove through some heavy rain on the way home from the beach. My snorkel catch can works well. More info on this later...

Old 07-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #25
The Sticker Guy

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
This is what the catch can is used for. Apparently its normal to get some water in there during heavy rain... From Safari's support person

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB5F9...7&feature=plcp
Old 07-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #26
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery

Is that coming up Daniel at Uwharrie in NC?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #27
The Sticker Guy

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerretxx View Post

Is that coming up Daniel at Uwharrie in NC?
Yep!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:13 PM   #28
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
Yep!
awesome man, thats our "home" wheeling area, only live about 30 minutes from there
Old 08-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #29
The Sticker Guy

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Lucky... im 5 hours out
Old 08-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #30
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
So whats up with this catch can? Seems to be working. How did you mount it up?
Old 08-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #31
The Sticker Guy

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
So whats up with this catch can? Seems to be working. How did you mount it up?
I forgot about that... I will get some pics and post em up.

After I deal with this shit of course. Fucking 4 bushings are gonna run about $200

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95QO65ehFCQ
Old 08-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #32
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I forgot about that... I will get some pics and post em up.

After I deal with this shit of course. Fucking 4 bushings are gonna run about $200

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95QO65ehFCQ

I need to look up what I paid and where I got mine. I forget how much I spent because I was basically rebuilding the entire IFS short of the steering rack.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #33
The Sticker Guy

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Found that toyotapartsales.com. They have em cheapest so far. Napa is the highest
Old 08-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #34
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
I just searched and found

48655-04020 @ $51
48654-04040 @ $43

http://www.toyotapartszone.com/oem/t...654-04040.html

Ill look tonight if I can remember.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #35
The Sticker Guy

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
I found some on rockauto for 200 even, all 4.

Also ran across these... Which I may try. There's already a hole in the lca sleeves for a zerk

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspens...&vehicleType=6
Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #36
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I found some on rockauto for 200 even, all 4.

Also ran across these... Which I may try. There's already a hole in the lca sleeves for a zerk

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspens...&vehicleType=6

That hole is way to big for a zerk from what I remember when I re-did mine. It's something like 1/4-3/8".
Old 08-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #37
The Sticker Guy

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
That hole is way to big for a zerk from what I remember when I re-did mine. It's something like 1/4-3/8".
Should be enough room to weld in a nut sized for a zerk
Old 08-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #38
The Sticker Guy

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Scratch the zerk idea. Those bushings go inside the old bushing metal... you pop out the rubber
Old 08-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #39
site4soreice is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Eazyduzit
site4soreice's Tacoma Gallery
awesome build man! do you have a DIY for the snorkel?
Old 08-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #40
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Scratch the zerk idea. Those bushings go inside the old bushing metal... you pop out the rubber

that rubber don't pop out

I tried for 2 weeks before I cut into mine.

I had more force on the rubber then I had on the LCA BJ's to get them free and nothing moved.

Products Discussed in this Thread