Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

EODTech08's Official Build Thread!

Old 06-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
EODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD Tech
Name: Jacob
EODTech08's Tacoma Gallery
EODTech08's Official Build Thread!

2011 Tacoma Access Cab TRD Off-Road in MGM!

As it sits now:

As it sat at the dealership

Color matched grille and blacked out emblem

New tailgate, color matched bumper, light fixture, and tow package after the accident

Wet Okoles

Weathertechs

Pioneer AVH-P8400BH!

Scangauge 2 (going to relocate eventually)

aFe CAI

Redline Hood Struts

UWS Low Pro Toolbox

FX-R Retrofits by AsianAnts!

RuffStuff battery mount and Optima Yellow Top

Painted window control panels and speaker mesh

Blacked out emblems

TRD Shifter

AVS step shields

Completed:

All around LED lights from csjumper2003 (brakes, reverse, maps, dome, turn signals)
aFe Stage 2 Si Cold Air Intake
FX-R Retrofit from AsianAnts
Optima Yellow Top battery w/ RuffStuff mount
Painted A/C control surround black
Pioneer AVH-P8400BH Stereo
Redline Hood Struts
Tint
UWS Low Pro Tool Box
Wet Okole Seat Covers
Weathertech floor mats and window deflectors
Color Match Grille
Painted window control panels and speaker mesh
Painted the radiator
Blacked out emblems
TRD Skid from Matt123
Eye lids

In The Works:
Billy 5100s
BFG A/T 265/75/16
ICON UCAs
ICON 1.5" AAL

Planning:

Exhaust of some kind
Sliders

Fuse block, write up HERE
Old 06-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
EODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Reserved
Old 06-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
nice! headlights looking good.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
nice! headlights looking good.
Thanks! That's actually just a sample image from AsianAnts but that's what it WILL look like when I get them.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #5

Well it's been a super busy past couple of weeks. Finally got home from deployment and got to drive my truck for the first time. It's amazing, I love it. Between spending time with family and friends I've found the time to get some work done on it though! I'm gonna take pice of everything on Monday or Tuesday to post but I've finished the following:

Pioneer AVH-P8400BH Stereo w/ advanced app mode cable
Redline Hood Struts
Optima Yellow Top battery (still working on the RuffStuff battery box)
Wet Okole Seat Covers
FX-R Retrofit Headlights from AsianAnts
Tint
UWS Low Pro Tool Box

I still have to figure how I want to mount my battery box and that should be the last thing until I get back to Tennessee.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #6
larkno is on a distinguished road
Army: 5th Special Forces Group (A)
Name: Ryan
larkno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EODTech08 View Post
Well it's been a super busy past couple of weeks. Finally got home from deployment and got to drive my truck for the first time. It's amazing, I love it. Between spending time with family and friends I've found the time to get some work done on it though! I'm gonna take pice of everything on Monday or Tuesday to post but I've finished the following:

Pioneer AVH-P8400BH Stereo w/ advanced app mode cable
Redline Hood Struts
Optima Yellow Top battery (still working on the RuffStuff battery box)
Wet Okole Seat Covers
FX-R Retrofit Headlights from AsianAnts
Tint
UWS Low Pro Tool Box

I still have to figure how I want to mount my battery box and that should be the last thing until I get back to Tennessee.
I will be back in Tennessee soon too....I can't wait to get back to my truck how was it getting to drive it again? I'm pretty excited to get stuff done to it. How much longer will you be at campbell
Old 10-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by larkno View Post
I will be back in Tennessee soon too....I can't wait to get back to my truck how was it getting to drive it again? I'm pretty excited to get stuff done to it. How much longer will you be at campbell
It was actually the first time I ever drove it. I had my family purchase it for me while I was over seas. But it's amazing I love my truck

I'll be at Campbell until the end of December then of to school in Virginia for a few months then I'll be in Campbell for a couple weeks while I get my stuff packed and shipped to Hawaii.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #8

Updated with some pics finally!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #9

Installed my RuffStuff battery mount!!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Looking good all you really need is get some black or gunmetal color rims and your truck will look sweet
Yeah I'm gonna look into getting the stock rims powder coated black when I get back home.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #12

Got rear ended last week. FML!

Old 10-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post

Sorry to hear that. Is everything alright?

Frame damage?
Doesn't seem to be any frame damage from what I can tell. Still have to get it looked at and a quote on fixing it.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #15
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man!
Old 10-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #16

Thanks!

Taking it in to the shop tomorrow to get the rear end fixed. It will be in the shop all week While it's there I should get the color matched grille and maybe the skid plate I just ordered.

As a bonus though I got the shop to order the color matched bumper though soon I won't have anymore ugly chrome.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #17
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks!

Taking it in to the shop tomorrow to get the rear end fixed. It will be in the shop all week While it's there I should get the color matched grille and maybe the skid plate I just ordered.

As a bonus though I got the shop to order the color matched bumper though soon I won't have anymore ugly chrome.
whats wrong with the rear end? and yeah i hate chrome. all my emblems even the one on the grill are plasti dipped and so is my rear bumper. this winter i think iím going to paint/ bed line it all.( may do a camo hydro dip on the emblems, and i want to bed line the rear bumper. plasti dip was really used just to see how i liked it.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
whats wrong with the rear end? and yeah i hate chrome. all my emblems even the one on the grill are plasti dipped and so is my rear bumper. this winter i think iím going to paint/ bed line it all.( may do a camo hydro dip on the emblems, and i want to bed line the rear bumper. plasti dip was really used just to see how i liked it.
See above post about getting rear ended

I painted my grille emblem yesterday, looks great, still have to do the others but that will have to wait until I get it back.

Bed liner was the way I was gonna go with the bumper until the dude said he could get the color matched one. Plasti-dip is great to see how it looks but just doesn't last long enough.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #19

Quote:
See above post about getting rear ended

I painted my grille emblem yesterday, looks great, still have to do the others but that will have to wait until I get it back.

Bed liner was the way I was gonna go with the bumper until the dude said he could get the color matched one. Plasti-dip is great to see how it looks but just doesn't last long enough.
oh. idk why i was thinking something wrong with rear diff or something.

and i did my emblems like may of í11 and no problem. i like a black bumper on the sliver better. on like yours color is nice.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #20

Got a call from the shop today, no damage to the frame or bed and it could possibly be ready tomorrow

And I got my new grille in the mail today