Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Ghost96Romeo's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #23
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Nice work on the sliders
Old 01-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #24
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Update...

So the next thing on my list was to upgrade the tie-down points on the bed to ensure that my bike, or anything else for that matter, doesn't fall over or break the rails.

I ordered the standard Tacoma bed d-rings from www.TRDparts4u.com and thought that instead of drilling new holes into the bed where the drain holes were, that I would just remove the bed bolts and slip the d-rings there.

One note to add... The washers on the bed bolts had some raised rings to prevent the washer from sliding off. Some steady hands on the grinding wheel to flatten them and the washer will slide right off. It works great.

My current setup with the bedcover rolled up and the d-rings installed.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:26 AM   #25
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
Freakin' awesome job on those sliders!
Old 01-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #26
jmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
Man your Taco looks good!
Old 02-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #27
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FLM done and done...... It looks great and photos will be posted later when its dark.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:37 PM   #28

Flm

It took about 30 mins and I had this done. Looks great, but I did have some difficulty routing the wire through the hole in the fuse panel.
To fix that, I just routed the wire back through the hole that the positive battery terminal was feeding power to the fuse box and ran the wire underneath it and alongside the fender.
Instructions on how I did this mod are here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-fogs-mod.html

Here's the result.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #29
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Nice work man, I cheated when I did mine
Old 02-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
Nice work man, I cheated when I did mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Thanks guys, I'd do more right now, but I'm strapped for cash cause I'm buying a house.

Any ideas of what I should do next? Running outta ideas. At least now in the future, I'll have a garage of my own!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #32
redraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
redraider's Tacoma Gallery
questions what grill is that? and where did you get it?
Old 02-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by redraider View Post
questions what grill is that? and where did you get it?

Actually got it on Ebay..... I thought it would be a cheap/short-term guard till I buy an All-pro, but I actually like it now.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:03 PM   #34
redraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
redraider's Tacoma Gallery
exactly how mine is, got it cheap, but i've always had my eye on that one on ebay it resembles a manikk but at half the price
Old 02-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by redraider View Post
exactly how mine is, got it cheap, but i've always had my eye on that one on ebay it resembles a manikk but at half the price
Yep.... I think I paid about 280 something. My sister backed straight into it with her F-150 and it didn't budge. Scuffed the rubber guards a bit, but I broke her taillights and rear bumper steps (the plastic covers).
Old 02-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #36
SoCal Tacomas
HBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
HBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HBtacoma
nice build ghost! the sliders look sick!
Old 02-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #37
RoadKingMoe is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Ground Nav-Aids in the 70s, Aircraft Maintenance in the 80s, Comm-Computer in the 90s, retired now
RoadKingMoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
I immediately knew I wanted to add a brush guard, not a cheapo bull bar (sorry bullbar guys), so I did some searching and came across this...

What make and model grill guard is that? I like the way it narrows at the top, like the grill.

Thanks.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:02 AM   #38
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Those are some sick sliders that you have built. I wish I knew how to weld (and had the tools to do so).

I would sport sliders like that on my truck in a heartbeat! Great Job!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 07:36 AM   #39
Motorjock 721 is on a distinguished road
Motorjock 721's Tacoma Gallery
Wow!!

Fantastic post and awesome pictures. I just bought a Silver Double cab Pre runner TRD 2WD. Love the front grill guard !!!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:03 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadKingMoe View Post
What make and model grill guard is that? I like the way it narrows at the top, like the grill.

Thanks.

Actually got it on Ebay..... I thought it would be a cheap/short-term guard till I buy an All-pro, but I actually like it now.

Products Discussed in this Thread