Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

my money pit

Old 02-02-2014, 07:44 AM   #81
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man, it was nice meeting you at Ralph's yesterday. Wished I could have had more time to check out your truck. If Juan ever plans another hooters meet you gonna come out.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:32 PM   #82
HolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bry
HolyReptar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauncho View Post
Hey man, it was nice meeting you at Ralph's yesterday. Wished I could have had more time to check out your truck. If Juan ever plans another hooters meet you gonna come out.
Nice to meet you to, let me know if you ever need help with installs. I have a busy schedule but I can always make time to wrench.

If I ever remember to check when they are I will definitely make it haha
Old 06-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #83
Neff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Neff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnwTaco View Post
AWESOME! I know this exact location! I go here every year to dirt bike and offroad! Love it there!
Old 06-28-2014, 11:10 PM   #84
Neff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Neff's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #85
HolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neff09 View Post
Its one of my favorite spots along the mojave trail, such a fun area. I just love running that trail in general though. So many little cut offs to hit every fancy of yours in the desert.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #86

I just realized I haven't posted nor updated this thread in a while. Will be updating over the next few days with the additions and the repairs lol but heres a pic of how fiona sits for now.

Old 10-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #87

Satoshi and retrofits installed

Sold the campershell

going to rework my bedrack a little to get my RTT back on the truck.
Slowly working on repainting the sliders, frame, skidplates from moab.

I will be replacing my TC upper arms with TC heimed upper arms.

Replacing rear bumper shitty LEDS with rigid LEDs

Have to have a new gas carrier made because a lady decided backing into me was a good idea.

Put myself on the list for the stealth custom wheels F5 in matteblack. Going to go to 295 allterrains of some sort.
Love my hancooks but since I DD the truck and have to drive 100+ mi to hit dirt I want to get a small amount mileage back.

Plans to regear when that happens also along with lockers.

Working on replacing where my winch controller is mounted, extending the cables, wireless winch controller.

Going to finally install the battery tray from PelfreyBilt and put the diehard bat in.

iPad mini indash installed next week at somepoint.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:18 PM   #88
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Bry! The retrofit looks awesome

Why are you going to heimed upper control arms? I was thinking of it and totally locking my lower arms in and adjusting alignment all off the top arm with the heims... I'm tired of the shitty lower mount style by pinching the arm to hold alignment, even with cam tab gussets I still find it hard to keep an alignment for long.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:27 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Nice Bry! The retrofit looks awesome

Why are you going to heimed upper control arms? I was thinking of it and totally locking my lower arms in and adjusting alignment all off the top arm with the heims... I'm tired of the shitty lower mount style by pinching the arm to hold alignment, even with cam tab gussets I still find it hard to keep an alignment for long.
My truck hasnt been able to get into spec alignment wise since I got it. Tired of running through tires faster then needed and would like to be able to throw more caster on and keep it in spec, since bigger tires are in the works
Old 10-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #90
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I see. I'll be checking in to see how they work for you when/if you go that route
Old 10-24-2014, 09:33 PM   #91
PutterClutch

Also, you're gonna go for 295's? Any specific reasons behind not going 315? I think I'm going to re-gear to 4.88's and 35's next go around...
Old 10-24-2014, 09:38 PM   #92

No real reason, still researching gearing/tire ratios. I was planning on 4.56 gears.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:01 PM   #93
PutterClutch

Yea picking gears is a battle. You're an auto If i remember right? 4.56 with 295's and an auto might be very nice. 4.88's would likely be too much.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Yea picking gears is a battle. You're an auto If i remember right? 4.56 with 295's and an auto might be very nice. 4.88's would likely be too much.
Yeah auto for the lazy man on the trail. Tires wont happen till after the new year so I still have some time to decide which route I plan on going. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to trim my fenders.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #95

New rigid reverse lights got delivered yesterday, I'll test fit those tonight/tomorrow night to see how well they fit in the current cut outs in the bumper and see if I need trim or get a mounting bracket welded in place. Those should help light up the area a little when I back up compared to the POS lights I have in there now.

Waiting on some items from All-Pro to finish up a minor addition to my pack-rack.

Started sanding/grinding/wirebrushing the sliders and frame earlier this week, painting as I go. Much more work then I expected. Bent my Transfer Case skid back into shape and I will give the skids some TLC after I finish the slider and frame love. Lots of little goodies coming in slowly.

Next month I plan on making a trip down to Pelfreybilt and saying hi to my favorite couple for a repair on my swing out and some other things that are back logged with them.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:26 AM   #96
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trucks looking good man! Haven't seen you around town in a while. Let me know when you plan to sell those old TC UCA's...I need some.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:45 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauncho View Post
Trucks looking good man! Haven't seen you around town in a while. Let me know when you plan to sell those old TC UCA's...I need some.

I live out in ventura now and when I'm up in TO generally in my wagon

PMing you regarding the uca
Old 10-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyReptar View Post
I live out in ventura now and when I'm up in TO generally in my wagon

PMing you regarding the uca
ahhhh, makes sense. Beautiful wagon! PM'd you back. We'll set something up soon.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:05 AM   #99
Shmellmopwho is just really niceShmellmopwho is just really niceShmellmopwho is just really niceShmellmopwho is just really niceShmellmopwho is just really nice

Name: Ryan
Shmellmopwho's Tacoma Gallery
Shuper Shweet truck man! Great build!
Old 10-28-2014, 08:10 PM   #100

Ipad kit by shaneckc was installed today, pictures tomorrow.