1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What yall think?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by ekapec, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Jun 27, 2012 at 3:13 AM
    ekapec

ekapec [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 sr5 prerunner
    ultragauge, Cupholders painted black, Pop & Lock, N-Fab Light bar, Aux backup lights, kc daylighters, hella 500ff driving lights, fog lights. Leer cap w/roof rack and rocket box. Pioneer avh1400 dvd. Backup camera.
    So im planning on getting my first real mod but not quite sure exactly what I want. I have a regular cab, and can't really decide between getting an avid lightbar, or a smittybuilt.

I don't do any serious off-roading but I do a lot of climbing which requires driving on some crap roads. so I don't know that I need the avid bar, but it looks awesome. Otherwise Im also considering getting some fogs since my truck didn't come with any. So any ideas to help me spend money? Thanks look forward to spending all of my money.

Sidenote---Im also in need of a cap since Ill be living out of my truck soon but won't really be able to afford the 1700-2000 itll cost yet. Anyone on the east coast know a good place to shop for them? Im open to any recomendations!

2. Jun 27, 2012 at 3:25 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Welcome aboard fellow 08 SR5 RC prerunner owner.....

Fogs - ebay set with wiring harness & switch. Ditch the switch and get oem switch.

Bar - I have a smittybuilt which is same as the nfab. Simple and clean. Avid is nice if you really will be drivng thru crap that it will protect you from. Bit much pricewise if not and looks better with lift and other mods IMO.

Shell - Good luck, anything worth a crap is big money nowadays and unless you totally luck out on one then you'll be upping major coin for something to fit your wants and needs. Also it'll need to be painted to match your truck unless again, you totally luck out and find one off another red tacoma.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Jun 27, 2012 at 3:51 AM
    ekapec

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 sr5 prerunner
    ultragauge, Cupholders painted black, Pop & Lock, N-Fab Light bar, Aux backup lights, kc daylighters, hella 500ff driving lights, fog lights. Leer cap w/roof rack and rocket box. Pioneer avh1400 dvd. Backup camera.
    Thanks yea Im kind of leaning towards the smitty with the hella lights on Amazon but do you have any pics of your truck? I would love to see what fellow reg cab prerunners have done!

4. Jun 27, 2012 at 4:22 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Tons of pics in my gallery. http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/12767/cat/500

Took all my mods off my 05 AC before trading it in on the RC. Had WT's, WO's, grom usb/mp3/ipod for oem stereo, spare lock, tailgate lock, vent guards, pedal covers, fogs, cruise control, variable int wiper stalk, lightbar with hellas, TRD skid, TRD towhook, locking bed storage doors & more. Left tow hitch, lift, grill, tails & headlights, tires/wheels because I didn't have time to put oem parts back on to keep 5100s & LR UCAs and didn't want the head/tails/grill/tires/wheels on the new truck. Need to wire my hellas & install cb, URD short shifter. Also have the sunglasses/map light/garage door opener overhead console with the mounting bracket for the roof that needs to go in as well as needing to do the door arm rest mod with neoprene to match the seat covers or perforated leather to match dash. Always something that needs doing...or more like you want to do, lol. Scoping for some black/polished 16" rims since I have mix of chrome/black on this truck. Only lifted front 1/2" this time and put TRD Bilsteins on it. Not lifting and going 33s like last time - too much money for tires and too little mpg and too much climbing in and out plus not 4wd so it is wasted somewhat.

Here is cool thread to check out other reg cabs...........

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-cylinder/197043-2-7l-single-cab-thread.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Jun 27, 2012 at 7:32 AM
    ekapec

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 sr5 prerunner
    Wow nice, pretty much everything you have done is exactly what I am looking to do! Awesomeness. Thanks!!

6. Jun 27, 2012 at 7:54 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Oh yeah, trim the mudflaps before the wind on the hwy speed bends them backwards.....if you intend on keeping them on there. I ended up trimming 2.5-3" off the back & about 5" off the fronts. Cut them where both sets are 13" off the ground with truck unloaded. Also added the oem non-TRD chrome tip on the exhaust. Lots of these things can be found cheaper in the FS section here.

Products Discussed in

To Top