Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Bama-TACO's Indigo Ink DCLB Build

Old 07-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Bama-TACO's Indigo Ink DCLB Build

Current Picture.....

The day I bought it. 2006, Double Cab Long Bed Prerunner. 20" Enkei's and a 2" Spacer lift (didn't like either and new they wouldn't be on there long). 144,000 miles. Quickly removed the bug guard.

First Mod. Wheeler 1 1/2" AAL to get rid of the nose high look.

Next Mod...Sold the Enkei wheels so I had to put her on stands until my new tires came in. Installed the roof rack while I was waiting.

Tires ready to go on the truck. 275/70/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3. Wheels are FJ Cruiser 17s.

Next....Installed BORA 3/4" wheel spacers.

Blacked out the front valence with Rustoleum Bedliner.

Installed Eyelids purchased from a member on here.

Ballistic Jesters 17x9. Also installed the NFab steps.

Removed the red from the wheels and painted the silver dome hickeys black.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
Looking good my Indigo Ink, DCLB brother! Really love the way the tint pulls everything together. Your truck looks sick...I love it.
Thanks a lot. I've looked at your truck several times myself. I wish I would have gone with 285 Duratracs, but it just didn't make a lot of sense to put them on a prerunner that I drive as a commuter. Currently I've got the headlights out doing the BHLM, so it will look much better as soon as I can find time to finish.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! DCLB FTMFW!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
Tacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacolover443's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet looking truck! Liking the rims!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #6
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

Finally took the time to do the BHLM. Just noticed in one of the pics you can see my 3 year old with his bright orange arm cast.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #7
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

Added a 1 1/2" block to the rear for just a little bit of rake. I normally wouldn't do a block but since it's only 1 1/2", I think it will be fine. No vibrations and no axle wrap yet. My measurement now in the back from hub to fender is 25 3/4". 1/2" top plate spacers and Light Racing UCAs going on later this week.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

Installed 1/2" Top Plate spacers, Light Racing UCAs and 1 1/2" Block in the back. Measurements now from center of hub to fender are 24 3/4" front and 26" in back. I don't know what it measured stock because it had the spacer lift when I bought it, but from looking at other measurements of stock DCLB prerunner sports I'm over the 3 1/2" mark (probably closer to 4"). Got it aligned today and got 0 camber, 3.0 left caster and 2.7 right caster. Drives really good now.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
Bookin is on a distinguished road

Bookin's Tacoma Gallery
How does your front end ride with the spacer/5100 combo? Any issues with it?
Old 07-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #10
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookin View Post
How does your front end ride with the spacer/5100 combo? Any issues with it?
Put the 5100s on with the 885 springs first. Then a month or so later installed the 1/2 top plate spacer. I noticed no change in the ride after adding the spacer.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Did you get the spacer from Toytec ?
Yep. http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 08-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #13
Bookin is on a distinguished road

Bookin's Tacoma Gallery
Edited
Old 11-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #14
mooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant future
mooker82's Tacoma Gallery
Did you have any rubbing on the UCA when you were running the FJ wheels without spacers?
Old 11-12-2013, 06:45 AM   #15
Wingman4 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Wingman4's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! You make me want to go ahead and get LR UCAs.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #16
Bigbenny is on a distinguished road
Canadian Army:
Name: Ben
Bigbenny's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great!! Love the color....Blue all the way