Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Raz4back's 2012 MGM Build

Old 08-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #21
Raz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Raz4back's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainewoodsballer View Post
Are you just running the Billies up front with the stock coils and UCAs? if so how does it ride and whatnot? Thought about doing this same lift.
Yeah, I'm all stock up front except for the Billies. I love the ride, it's a little stiffer (less body roll in cornering and less nose dive when braking) without being harsh. At higher speeds on the highway/interstate the ride is actually smoother than stock.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #22
Rezist808 is on a distinguished road
Rezist808's Tacoma Gallery
Your build looks so clean.

Did you plastidip your front emblem or is that color matched? Im going to color match my grill surround this weekend. Thank you for the write up
Old 12-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #23
sbates is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Steve
sbates's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to paint my TRD Sport wheels the same way you did. I've always felt black wheels didn't look that great against the MGM. Did you use the index card trick to paint them or did you remove them from the tires altogether? They look great.

-Steve
Old 12-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #24
Raz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbates View Post
I would love to paint my TRD Sport wheels the same way you did. I've always felt black wheels didn't look that great against the MGM. Did you use the index card trick to paint them or did you remove them from the tires altogether? They look great.

-Steve
Thanks, I used playing cards. On the first one I did I removed the wheel weights, but I didn't like how they looked unpainted so on the other three I just painted right over them
Old 01-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #26
fireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud of
fireroad's Tacoma Gallery
What paint (brand and color) did you use on the wheels to get that gunmetal color?
Old 04-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #31
calixto25 is on a distinguished road
calixto25's Tacoma Gallery
did you do your Retrofit Projectors yourself?
Old 04-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #32
ARTaco06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
ARTaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Badass, and a fellow Arkansan truck looks sick, very nice.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:59 AM   #35
ARTaco06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
ARTaco06's Tacoma Gallery
I'm about an hr and a half northeast of you in Batesville AR
Old 04-03-2013, 05:15 AM   #36
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz4back View Post
I roughed them up with 420 grit,cleaned with rustoleum wax and grease remover, sprayed with 2 coats of duplicolor adhesion promoter, 3 coats of duplicolor perfect match MGM paint, and 4 coats of duplicolor perfect match clear.
Do you know what paint code you used? I went to AutoZone the other day to buy some duplicolor but the paint they had in stock didn't match the code that I found on the internet that said it was for our color trucks. Just curious if you had found the right one. My autozone may not have the same thing as yours or you may of ordered yours online from somewhere? Just got some nfab step bars and I want to paint them to match the truck.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtopgun515 View Post
Do you know what paint code you used? I went to AutoZone the other day to buy some duplicolor but the paint they had in stock didn't match the code that I found on the internet that said it was for our color trucks. Just curious if you had found the right one. My autozone may not have the same thing as yours or you may of ordered yours online from somewhere? Just got some nfab step bars and I want to paint them to match the truck.

Duplicolor's code for MGM is BTY1619. The only parts store around here that stocks it is Pep Boys. It may say Magnetic Gray Mica on the label, but its the right color
Old 04-03-2013, 07:07 AM   #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Great looking truck. Color scheme looks familiar. Looked at the crossfab, but haven't quite decided direction to go. Looks good on yours.
You're truck looks great. I ended up getting a great deal on a set of Ballistic Jesters so my truck won't be Gray on Gray in a few days. I looked for the FJ Anthracites forever, but they are tough to find.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:51 AM   #40
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz4back View Post
Duplicolor's code for MGM is BTY1619. The only parts store around here that stocks it is Pep Boys. It may say Magnetic Gray Mica on the label, but its the right color
Ok, i'll go back and double check. That is the paint code that I have written down to get so maybe I was just paranoid that since the name of the paint color itself wasn't the same I was looking at the wrong thing.