Raz4back's 2012 MGM Build

Old 04-17-2013, 03:00 AM   #44
liferider is on a distinguished road

Marines: 0311
liferider's Tacoma Gallery
looks Great!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #46
ZoMbiE aLeRt
choppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
choppersx's Tacoma Gallery
Thats Badazz!! Looks mean.... Great build.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #47
Raz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Raz4back's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeavyD View Post
Man your truck is bad ass, you have my wife yelling at me now cause I want to do more to my truck!!!! Ha Ha Ha
Thanks, I feel your pain. My wife wasn't happy when I told her that Nitto didn't make the tire size I wanted in 16" and I was going to have to buy new wheels. I'm scared to tell her that I want to go mid travel Your truck is sick!

Quote:
looks Great!!!
Thanks man

Quote:
great lookin truck! i like the new wheel/tire combo
I've got a long ways to go to catch your build

Quote:
Nice looking Tacoma man!
Thanks, its nice to see another Arkansan on TW. What part of the state are you in?

Quote:
Thats Badazz!! Looks mean.... Great build
Thanks, your truck is clean. The Silver Streak looks good on our trucks.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #48
GATACOMA is on a distinguished road
GATACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck man. Just picked up a 2011 MGM DC this week. Nice to see someone who has the Crossfab on their MGM looks like what I'm wanting. Just waiting on Crossfab to get them back in stock. Got the same Hella lights to go on it too.

Where did you find a single Hella black magic? Cause I'll need another one for my light bar as well.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #49
Raz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATACOMA View Post
Great looking truck man. Just picked up a 2011 MGM DC this week. Nice to see someone who has the Crossfab on their MGM looks like what I'm wanting. Just waiting on Crossfab to get them back in stock. Got the same Hella lights to go on it too.

Where did you find a single Hella black magic? Cause I'll need another one for my light bar as well.
I had planned on buying 2 pair and keeping the extra light as a spare, but I lucked out and found a single light with the relay and harness on EBAY for $40.

Congrats on your new truck!
Old 04-20-2013, 04:16 AM   #50
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
floridaoccifer's Tacoma Gallery
Great build! Those headlights are amazing.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #52
jpop8807 is on a distinguished road
Army: Bradley Crew, 1st Cav
Name: Josh
jpop8807's Tacoma Gallery
God your truck is nice as hell. I just bought one the same color just TRD sport and its only 2 wheel. How do you like the 255 wide? At first I was set on going with a prerunner look and long travel and most of those guys run 285+ But after reading that tire width article. For my area a tall 255 might be best once I get down that road. Do you think running the narrower tired would be better?
Old 04-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpop8807 View Post
God your truck is nice as hell. I just bought one the same color just TRD sport and its only 2 wheel. How do you like the 255 wide? At first I was set on going with a prerunner look and long travel and most of those guys run 285+ But after reading that tire width article. For my area a tall 255 might be best once I get down that road. Do you think running the narrower tired would be better?
Thanks, and congrats on your truck!

I love the 255s.. With the 255/75/17 you get a little more diameter than a 265/70/17 and the difference in width isn't noticeable. The best thing about them is that they don't require much, if any trimming. Even with the 4.5 backspace all I had to do was remove the small mudflaps at the front of the wheel well. Another plus is the gas mileage I'm getting. I had 33x12.50s on my 07 and got 16.5-17 mpg mixed driving. With the 255/75s they aren't much smaller in diameter, and with a wheel tire combo that is similar in weight to my 07, I'm getting 18.5-19mpg mixed driving.

If you want a wide stance and you get wheels that have a little more aggressive backspacing or get spacers with your factory wheels (which you would have to do with 285s anyway) I think you will be more than happy with a 255. If you don't want a wide stance you can run 255s with less backspacing than a 285 because you won't have clearance issues with the UCAs.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #54
I was itching to do something to my truck today and since I'm saving for bigger mods I had to find something cheap. I had a can of red Krylon laying around and I had my engine cover off doing an oil change so I decided to paint it. Kind of pointless since no one sees it, but it turned out pretty nice.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #55
Nice, Thanks bro. What did you use to paint your underhood engine cover thingy. Ya I might look into that. Cause most of the terrain I drive on is rocky with a hint of dirt. Like this.

So 255's might be perfect. Plus your truck looks mean as hell. I'm trying so hard just to not copy yours lol. Only other thing I could think of maybe is go 265 70 17. Just a broader range of tires and prices.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #56
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpop8807 View Post
Nice, Thanks bro. What did you use to paint your underhood engine cover thingy. Ya I might look into that. Cause most of the terrain I drive on is rocky with a hint of dirt. Like this.

So 255's might be perfect. Plus your truck looks mean as hell. I'm trying so hard just to not copy yours lol. Only other thing I could think of maybe is go 265 70 17. Just a broader range of tires and prices.
Man, I'd love to have some trails like that to go wheeling on. Mostly around here we have logging roads and fire trails. There's a lot of fun mud, but not much rock crawling.

I used Krylon Fusion to paint the cover.

Yeah, there are a lot more choices in 265s and they are close to the same size, just a hair wider and a hair shorter. The reason i ended up going with the 255s was because I was pretty much set on the Trail Grapplers and I didn't want 285s.

Go ahead and copy whatever you like, that's the best thing about TW. You can see what direction you want to go without having to worry about spending money on something that ends up not looking like you thought it would, lol. The bad thing is there are so nice trucks on here that you can go broke trying to keep up. There is so much I still want to do to my truck
Old 04-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz4back View Post
Man, I'd love to have some trails like that to go wheeling on. Mostly around here we have logging roads and fire trails. There's a lot of fun mud, but not much rock crawling.

I used Krylon Fusion to paint the cover.

Yeah, there are a lot more choices in 265s and they are close to the same size, just a hair wider and a hair shorter. The reason i ended up going with the 255s was because I was pretty much set on the Trail Grapplers and I didn't want 285s.

Go ahead and copy whatever you like, that's the best thing about TW. You can see what direction you want to go without having to worry about spending money on something that ends up not looking like you thought it would, lol. The bad thing is there are so nice trucks on here that you can go broke trying to keep up. There is so much I still want to do to my truck
Dude you are so right. I come from the kawasaki forums and shits simple can only go so many ways with a bike.(excluding ghetto fabolous but thats gay). With these tacomas its so many choices. Like i love the bad ass prerunner look. But the long travel and all that seems like it can get super expensive. Yet I also love the way trucks like yours look. Alot of my friends are pushing me to build a prerunner setup mainly because" dude you only have a 2wd so hardcore off roading is out of the questions might as well focus on fast". Ahhhh so many choices. I have decided I will save and work on interiour first lol. Audio. Less choices in that category well more clear choices for me.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #59
badphish14 will become famous soon enoughbadphish14 will become famous soon enough

Firefighter:
Name: Mike
badphish14's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet ride man. You have any rubbing problems with the lift and wheel combo? Looking into doing a lift like yours.
Very nicely done.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #60
gholcomb is on a distinguished road

Name: George
gholcomb's Tacoma Gallery
Great Looking truck man!! I'm getting ready to due an H1 retro fit on my truck when I get back home from work next week... I actually live in Bryant so I'm not that far away lol. Can you tell me which tab you have to remove to align you headlights once they are done.