Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Raz4back's 2012 MGM Build

Old 06-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #61
Raz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Raz4back's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by badphish14 View Post
Sweet ride man. You have any rubbing problems with the lift and wheel combo? Looking into doing a lift like yours.
Very nicely done.
Thanks! Once I removed the small front flaps I haven't had any issues. I did trim a very small amount on the back of the front flares (maybe 1/4 inch) Even before I trimmed it very rarely rubbed.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #62
Raz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gholcomb View Post
Great Looking truck man!! I'm getting ready to due an H1 retro fit on my truck when I get back home from work next week... I actually live in Bryant so I'm not that far away lol. Can you tell me which tab you have to remove to align you headlights once they are done.
Thanks man! Your truck looks great, who did your lift?

Are you talking about the tabs on the alignment rings? If so, I had to use a rotary tool and grind a little off of all three tabs. Don't seal your lights back up until you have your cut off lines where you want them and your projectors tightened good. You will have a little play in the rotation of your projectors after you grind the tabs and if your projectors aren't good and tight it's a pain to tighten them without throwing your cut off out of whack once they are sealed.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #63
GATACOMA is on a distinguished road
GATACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get the factory style switch that's below you AC controls that hooks up to your Hellas?
Old 06-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #65
gholcomb is on a distinguished road

Name: George
gholcomb's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Raz4back;7005506]Thanks man! Your truck looks great, who did your lift?

I got Landers Toyota by the Rave to put on the lift and supercharger when i bought the truck and yes that's what i was talking about i heard of people having to cut them and remove them but wasn't exactly sure that they where talking about.. Thanks for the info man maybe ill see ya running around Benton Byrant area sometime.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #66
[QUOTE=gholcomb;7008973]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz4back View Post
Thanks man! Your truck looks great, who did your lift?

I got Landers Toyota by the Rave to put on the lift and supercharger when i bought the truck and yes that's what i was talking about i heard of people having to cut them and remove them but wasn't exactly sure that they where talking about.. Thanks for the info man maybe ill see ya running around Benton Byrant area sometime.
That's who I bought my truck from.

Ill keep an eye out for you in Saline County.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #68
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanford2011 View Post
Where did you order your hella black magics? Was it a kit? Did it come with three or just a pair? I have a light bar with 3 tabs like you but trying to figure out best way to buy the black magics and how to set 3 up

Thanks
They come as pairs. I bought a kit from Pep Boys. For my third light I lucked out and found a single light with the relay and harness on the Internet. If I hadn't found the single I was going to buy a second kit and save the other light as a spare.

Just search for single Hella Black Magic on EBAY, Google, etc. and maybe you'll find a single.

As far as wiring, I wired the pair on one relay and the single on another. Both relays are wired to the same switch.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #69
stanford2011 is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Kenny
stanford2011's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz4back View Post
They come as pairs. I bought a kit from Pep Boys. For my third light I lucked out and found a single light with the relay and harness on the Internet. If I hadn't found the single I was going to buy a second kit and save the other light as a spare.

Just search for single Hella Black Magic on EBAY, Google, etc. and maybe you'll find a single.

As far as wiring, I wired the pair on one relay and the single on another. Both relays are wired to the same switch.
Thanks for the reply! I just ordered the pair kit and now gotta find a single one. I haven't had much luck yet but ill keep an eye out. If you come across one lemme know I would really appreciate it! Was setting up an independent switch for the lights difficult?
Old 06-26-2013, 06:03 AM   #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanford2011 View Post
Thanks for the reply! I just ordered the pair kit and now gotta find a single one. I haven't had much luck yet but ill keep an eye out. If you come across one lemme know I would really appreciate it! Was setting up an independent switch for the lights difficult?
No, it isn't difficult at all. You need a wire that powers with the ignition, a wire to the two relays, and a ground (if you want the switch to light up when it's on) there is a boot on the drivers side firewall that the main harness runs through that you can use to get the wiring into the cab.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #71
423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man! Ive got a 13 access cab MGM on its way here. I may copy your headlights theyre so sexy!
Old 09-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #73
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck. when you painted the wheels what did you use? and how did it hold up?
Old 11-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #75
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck !

Question on your tire size, did you ever have mudflaps?

Id like to run the same size and have 5100 at 1.75 but I want to keep the flaps.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #76
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD Toy85 View Post
Nice truck !

Question on your tire size, did you ever have mudflaps?

Id like to run the same size and have 5100 at 1.75 but I want to keep the flaps.
I had already removed my mud flaps. You may be able to get away with leaving them on if you are running your stock wheels.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:02 PM   #77
jaymay82 is on a distinguished road
jaymay82's Tacoma Gallery
Solid looking truck man. How hard was it to do the retrofit? Does it include instructions? Thanks.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #79
adamh1977 is a glorious beacon of lightadamh1977 is a glorious beacon of lightadamh1977 is a glorious beacon of lightadamh1977 is a glorious beacon of lightadamh1977 is a glorious beacon of light

adamh1977's Tacoma Gallery
looks good