Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Pgiroua's build...

Old 07-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #21
Geaux Tigers
pgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Royce
pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
I curently have 5100's and 2" Toytec aal. I'm hoping I wont have major Bro lean. I'm looking forward to see what your measurements are.
I will definitely check tomorrow.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:12 AM   #22
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Dude your truck looks sick now congrats
Old 07-25-2012, 03:50 AM   #23
Geaux Tigers
pgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of light

pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Dude your truck looks sick now congrats
Thanks bro! It's been a LONG wait but she has finally arrived!
Old 07-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #24
Geaux Tigers

pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I curently have 5100's and 2" Toytec aal. I'm hoping I wont have major Bro lean. I'm looking forward to see what your measurements are.
I updated my original post with measurements...
Old 07-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #25
sdixon86 is on a distinguished road
sdixon86's Tacoma Gallery
Have you had problems with your flares fading to orange? If so have you attempted to fix 'em? Mine are turning orange and I am worried about trying to get them re-painted. I also thought about just replacing them with black...
Old 07-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #26
Geaux Tigers

pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdixon86 View Post
Have you had problems with your flares fading to orange? If so have you attempted to fix 'em? Mine are turning orange and I am worried about trying to get them re-painted. I also thought about just replacing them with black...
I will have to check that out. It certainly hasn't gotten to the point that I noticed it yet.

Have you heard that this is a consistent problem?
Old 07-26-2012, 04:14 AM   #27
sdixon86 is on a distinguished road
sdixon86's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen that other people have had the issue also, but i do not know what they have done to fix 'em. Let me know if you hear anything.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:20 AM   #28
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgiroua View Post
2007 Tacoma SR5 Prerunner

How she sits as of July 2012:

Attachment 161956

Pre-lift height front (from middle of wheel): 20-1/2"
Pre-lift height back (from middle of wheel): 22"

Post-lift height front (middle of wheel): 26-1/4"
Post-lift height back (middle of wheel): 26"

Pre-lift:

On my way to the makeover (7-21-2012)!

Everything below hopefully will be installed by Tuesday (7-24-2012)!:

16x8 American Eagle 140
Kuhmo Road Venture MT 285 75 16

All Pro 3" Leaf Pack with U bolt flip kit

Bilstein Adjustable 5100 for the front and Bilstein extended 5100 for the back:

OME 883 coils

Maxtrac spindles

Current Mods:
1) Fog Lights "a la Caribe Style"
2) 20% Tint
3) csjumper2003's LED's (dome, map lights, park lights)
4) Sylvania ZXE headlights and fog lights
5) Tonnopro Bed Cover (Thanks razortaco!)
6) DTRL on any time mod by piercedtiger
7) Front Suapension: Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks (set at 0), OME 883 coils
8) Rear Suspension: Bilstein 5100
(extended), All Pro standard leaf pack
9) Wheels: American Eagle Series 140 (16x8)
10) Tires: Kuhmo Road Venture MT (285 75 16)
So you stuffed a longer spring into the front adjustable 5100? Is this correct?
Old 07-26-2012, 04:31 AM   #29
Geaux Tigers

pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
So you stuffed a longer spring into the front adjustable 5100? Is this correct?
Yes. You say that like I should not have...
Old 07-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #30
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgiroua View Post
Yes. You say that like I should not have...
No...I just wasn't sure if that could be done. So I assume then even with your billies at 0 you are still getting additional lift from them with the longer springs???

If so....interesting, but why would you do this instead of just adjusting your 5100s up a notch or two with stock coils. Keep in mind I'm not questioning it, just curious if there is a method behind the madness.

BTW truck looks nice!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #31
Geaux Tigers

pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
No...I just wasn't sure if that could be done. So I assume then even with your billies at 0 you are still getting additional lift from them with the longer springs???

If so....interesting, but why would you do this instead of just adjusting your 5100s up a notch or two with stock coils. Keep in mind I'm not questioning it, just curious if there is a method behind the madness.

BTW truck looks nice!
Cool..you had me nervous for a second there thinking that you knew something that I didn't (after months of research)...

Originally, I was going to go with 5100's set at .85 and just use my stock coils since I didn't want to really be higher than that. In researching I found that compressing the stock coils with lift from the shock would make the ride a little stiffer. I wanted the best ride possible and from talking to people here with both setups I came to the conclusion that the best ride was to come from the current setup that I have. Supposedly this setup is a little better for ride comfort than the ever popular 5100/Eibach combo also. Another reason for the new coils was that I didn't want to replace so many components of my suspension and leave some coils in there that had 100,000 miles.

The springs that I went with (OME 883) gives 1.5" of lift. Judging from measurements before and after, the spindles give a true 4" and the coils actually gave me 1.75" which I assume will settle to 1.5" in the future.

Thanks for the compliment on the truck!
Old 08-16-2012, 04:38 AM   #33
Geaux Tigers

pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How much space do you have between your Spindle and tire?
Do you mean from the top of the tire (inner sidewall) to the side of the spindle?
Old 08-17-2012, 05:44 AM   #35
Geaux Tigers

pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
(inner sidewall) to the side of the spindle
At its CLOSEST point... About a 1/2". Just curious as to why you are asking?
Old 08-17-2012, 07:47 AM   #36
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Just Because I'm thinking of removing my wheel spacers in the front. But it looks like i might be cutting it close to rubing the spindle.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #37
Geaux Tigers

pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just Because I'm thinking of removing my wheel spacers in the front. But it looks like i might be cutting it close to rubing the spindle.
What is the bs on your rims?
Old 08-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #39
Geaux Tigers

pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not sure. I think 4.5"
That is what I have also and from researching here, I haven't seen someone that had any problems with that backspacing... You should be OK.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #40
marcballz is on a distinguished road
Name: Marc
marcballz's Tacoma Gallery
how are those allpros holding?
im gonna do the exact same setup you have but was thinking about running ebaich springs.. heard they ride better with 1500's

& since your 5.5 in front is there much lean since you have 3"AP in the rear and give or take 1" factory rake?