Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Pgiroua's build...

Old 07-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Geaux Tigers
pgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Royce
pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Pgiroua's build...

2007 Tacoma SR5 Prerunner

How she sits as of July 2012:

Pgiroua's build...-2012-07-25_08-38-01_641.jpg

Pre-lift height front (from middle of wheel): 20-1/2"
Pre-lift height back (from middle of wheel): 22"

Post-lift height front (middle of wheel): 26-1/4"
Post-lift height back (middle of wheel): 26"

Pre-lift:

On my way to the makeover (7-21-2012)!

Everything below hopefully will be installed by Tuesday (7-24-2012)!:

16x8 American Eagle 140
Kuhmo Road Venture MT 285 75 16

All Pro 3" Leaf Pack with U bolt flip kit

Bilstein Adjustable 5100 for the front and Bilstein extended 5100 for the back:

OME 883 coils

Maxtrac spindles

Current Mods:
1) Fog Lights "a la Caribe Style"
2) 20% Tint
3) csjumper2003's LED's (dome, map lights, park lights)
4) Sylvania ZXE headlights and fog lights
5) Tonnopro Bed Cover (Thanks razortaco!)
6) DTRL on any time mod by piercedtiger
7) Front Suapension: Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks (set at 0), OME 883 coils
8) Rear Suspension: Bilstein 5100
(extended), All Pro standard leaf pack
9) Wheels: American Eagle Series 140 (16x8)
10) Tires: Kuhmo Road Venture MT (285 75 16)
Attached Thumbnails
Pgiroua's build...-2012-06-25_08-19-23_238.jpg   Pgiroua's build...-2012-07-10_17-04-17_268.jpg   Pgiroua's build...-2012-07-10_17-37-57_230.jpg   Pgiroua's build...-2012-07-25_08-37-49_215.jpg  
Old 07-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures dont work
Old 07-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
Geaux Tigers
pgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of light

pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Pictures dont work
Thanks bro...should be working now.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
looks good
Old 07-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
Geaux Tigers

pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
looks good
Looks normal now. I can't wait to get everything put on... Should look totally different!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgiroua View Post
2007 Tacoma SR5 Prerunner

How she sits as of July 2012:

Attachment 159605

Coming very soon:

16x8 American Eagle 140
Kuhmo Road Venture MT 285 75 16

Attachment 159606

All Pro 3" Leaf Pack with U bolt flip kit

Attachment 159607

Bilstein 5100's front and back should be at my door no on 7-13-2012!
Maxtrac spindles should be at my front door in a couple of weeks!

Current Mods:
1) Fog Lights "a la Caribe Style"
2) 20% Tint
3) csjumper2003's LED's (dome, map lights, park lights)
4) Sylvania ZXE headlights and fog lights
5) Tonnopro Bed Cover (Thanks razortaco!)
6) DTRL on any time mod by piercedtiger
Alright! Looks like you're ready to roll. You gonna install yourself? Just take your time...it's a common sense install. Good luck!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #7
Geaux Tigers

pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
Alright! Looks like you're ready to roll. You gonna install yourself? Just take your time...it's a common sense install. Good luck!
Thanks man!

I am torn on the install. My father in law has the know how and tools to get it done but here is the deal. I have a local shop here who will install the lift, mount/balance the tires and do the alignment for $350. That would also include a 25,000 mile warranty.

If I did it myself, the mount/balance and alignment itself would cost me at least $150 right? Is it worth it to just let the shop do it?
Old 07-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
damn 350 is not that bad with a warranty and all do they offer unlimited alignments?
Old 07-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #9
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man!

I am torn on the install. My father in law has the know how and tools to get it done but here is the deal. I have a local shop here who will install the lift, mount/balance the tires and do the alignment for $350. That would also include a 25,000 mile warranty.

If I did it myself, the mount/balance and alignment itself would cost me at least $150 right? Is it worth it to just let the shop do it?
Yeah for $350 with alignment I'd go ahead and let them do it...that's cheap. I was quoted $1K for spindle/5100 install front and leaf/5125 install rear. I ended up doing it myself and learned a lot about my truck. The toughest part was installing the Expos by myself...had to get creative using crates to help me hold them up during the install. Brake lines were somewhat of a pain in the arse.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #10
Geaux Tigers

pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
Yeah for $350 with alignment I'd go ahead and let them do it...that's cheap. I was quoted $1K for spindle/5100 install front and leaf/5125 install rear. I ended up doing it myself and learned a lot about my truck. The toughest part was installing the Expos by myself...had to get creative using crates to help me hold them up during the install. Brake lines were somewhat of a pain in the arse.
I was quoted $1000, $600, $480 and $350 to do pretty much what you did. Spindles/billies in front and leaf springs/billies in the rear.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #11
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Truck will look awesome once you get everything on bro! Btw good lookin color!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #12
Geaux Tigers

pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDTRD View Post
Truck will look awesome once you get everything on bro! Btw good lookin color!
Thanks man, I appreciate it! Can't wait!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #14
Geaux Tigers

pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
What are the post lift measurements in the front?
Don't know yet. I will definitely check tomorrow and update here. Sorry...
Old 07-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #16
Geaux Tigers

pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hows the ride with the 883/5100's?
I think that the ride is great. This was the most important thing for me in deciding to do the lift. Everything that I researched said that the 883's provide a better ride quality than the Eibachs so that is what I went with. So far, I am very happy with this decision.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #17
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think that the ride is great. This was the most important thing for me in deciding to do the lift. Everything that I researched said that the 883's provide a better ride quality than the Eibachs so that is what I went with. So far, I am very happy with this decision.
Good to hear. I will be installing the same exact same setup in s few days.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #18
Geaux Tigers

pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good to hear. I will be installing the same exact same setup in s few days.
What are you doing on the back? All Pro standard?
Old 07-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #19
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
I curently have 5100's and 2" Toytec aal. I'm hoping I wont have major Bro lean. I'm looking forward to see what your measurements are.